Surface Pro 2017 - macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Hackintosh - Success!

SoxasoraIT

137 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, namthienvo said:

Here is my clover folder; use it to install mac os and boot from it. Whenever you try to install, change graphics configuration in clover to 0x12345678. When installation is finished, boot once more with 0x12345678 and follow this guide https://www.travelertechie.com/2019/02/how-to-rebuild-cache-and-repair.html to rebuild kext cache on catalina.

Alternative method is to download hackintool https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v3-x-x.254559/ and choose rebuild cache from utilities.

On the next reboot, you won't have to use 0x12345678. Just boot normally, and graphics should be working.

I believe that the reason why most people who dont have graphics working (19mb) is because the kext had not been rebuilt/"cache cleared" correctly

CLOVER.rar

Hi, did you finally managed to install 10.15.4 with the graphics working properly?

Edited by rdsgalid

Microsoft Surface Pro 2107 with Catalina 10.15.3 and OpenCore

I am posting this in the hope that others can continue the work. The PC is Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, 8MB (Intel i5 7300U, ALC298, Intel HD Graphics 620).

Successful installation (with graphic acceleration) with Clover and Catalina 10.15.3. To install, inject platform ID with 0x12345678 until complete installation. Final restart with the platform ID 0x12345678 and then use Terminal to repair S/L/E and L/E, then repair kextcache also with "sudo kextcache -i /".

The things that do not work is touchscreen, wifi and bluetooth (unsupported), autobrightness, battery indicator and multi-gestures for touchpad.

However with same above installation, I can not get the graphics to work (small elements and no acceleration) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.

With Opencore 0.5.8, Catalina 10.15.3. and Catalina 10.15.4 can be installed, but I can not get the graphics to work (small elements and no acceleration) in both.

Herewith are the two EFIs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usb6jll7rt4ckfw/surface.zip?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, namthienvo said:

it only works with 10.15.3 for now. I havent had time to try out 10.15.4 on surface pro

It works on 10.15.4

(Mình cài tốt trên 10.15.4 từ tháng 2/2020 rồi nhé bạn, dùng Clover chứ không OpenCore)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, Fernando809 said:

Someone tried to install big sur ?

Yes, I have been busy with school this semester which is why I haven't tried until recently. However, I managed to fork up a configuration with open core with graphics working on Big Sur. I was also waiting for Big Sur to be officially released.

It's hella buggy though, random crashes especially from  App Store etc. Video-playback is choppy but UI when no video is running is smooth. This might be fixed in a future what evergreen release unless Im wrong (not really an expert on these things) Other than that, everything seems normal compared to my previous catalina fork. 

If someone can fix this feel free to look into my Open core EFI folder: 

IMG_1064.jpeg

Edited by namthienvo