Surface Pro 2017 - macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Hackintosh - Success!

SoxasoraIT

137 posts in this topic

I had to delete the partition created for 10.15.4 after breaking it, trying to make the graphics work (I can make everything known in previous versions work except the graphics) try to update the kexts, inject intel, smbios, ig-platform- go and nothing worked (I'm thinking I'm following the right steps but something must be jumping over it) :wallbash:

Temporary solution: if you need graphics on Catalina, downgrade back to 10.15.3. Everything works as it used to. Hopefully someone can fix the issue with 10.15.4 in the future. perhaps we jus have to wait for a clover patch, doesnt look like 10.15.4 is fully supported yet.

CFA60A1A-F7D1-4C1E-996E-F849DB27113C.jpeg

Edited by namthienvo

you can share your efi folder for 10.15.3 (delete the one you had), regarding 10.15.4 it is a headache even on mac systems (i had to restore to a previous version on my macbook pro 2017 and from a friend .. .., technical problems with alarm clock and external monitors, failures with hangouts):wallbash:

On 12/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, mid said:

Change Graphics in Clover Configurator, item ig-platform-id = "0x12345678" before installation.  Resend "Clover".sp5.thumb.jpg.9936ccc6c508850d4fde9324e6f2b259.jpg

CLOVER.zip

Thank you,i have successful installed 10.15.3 by this efi 

but I also met the problem with the Graphics 19mb 

I remembered I don’t change the clover configuration item ig-platform-id = "0x12345678" before installation. But I do this clover configuration Before System config and rebuilders the cache by “sudo kextcache -I /“  

Did I need to reinstall the 10.15.3 again and change the clover configuration item ig-platform-id = "0x12345678" before installation from usb disk to solve this problem?

image.jpg

On 3/30/2020 at 3:04 PM, Fernando809 said:

Excellent (although I am stuck in 10.14.6 for stability reasons hehe) I will create a partition to install 10.15.4 and try to solve graphics and hiDPI problem (if you or someone else doesn't do it first)

i use this EFI to install 10.15.3 ,  also met the problem with the grachics 620 19MB

If I remember correctly, using that command for rebuilding kext was not sufficient, I would have to read a different article that required me to do an additional 3 commands for kext rebuilding to happen. I’ll link that page in a bit, but the easiest method is to use the built in function from Hackintool (it’s an app). This way graphics will work on next boot. Also, my efi is almost identical to the one above, but I can upload one still (it still missed some files that prevented recovery and installation media from showing up).

6 hours ago, namthienvo said:

If I remember correctly, using that command for rebuilding kext was not sufficient, I would have to read a different article that required me to do an additional 3 commands for kext rebuilding to happen. I’ll link that page in a bit, but the easiest method is to use the built in function from Hackintool (it’s an app). This way graphics will work on next boot. Also, my efi is almost identical to the one above, but I can upload one still (it still missed some files that prevented recovery and installation media from showing up).

11 hours ago, Fernando809 said:

you can share your efi folder for 10.15.3 (delete the one you had), regarding 10.15.4 it is a headache even on mac systems (i had to restore to a previous version on my macbook pro 2017 and from a friend .. .., technical problems with alarm clock and external monitors, failures with hangouts):wallbash:

7 hours ago, gzbenson said:

i use this EFI to install 10.15.3 ,  also met the problem with the grachics 620 19MB

Edited by namthienvo

12 hours ago, Fernando809 said:

Here is my clover folder; use it to install mac os and boot from it. Whenever you try to install, change graphics configuration in clover to 0x12345678. When installation is finished, boot once more with 0x12345678 and follow this guide https://www.travelertechie.com/2019/02/how-to-rebuild-cache-and-repair.html to rebuild kext cache on catalina.

Alternative method is to download hackintool https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v3-x-x.254559/ and choose rebuild cache from utilities.

On the next reboot, you won't have to use 0x12345678. Just boot normally, and graphics should be working.

I believe that the reason why most people who dont have graphics working (19mb) is because the kext had not been rebuilt/"cache cleared" correctly

CLOVER.rar

Edited by namthienvo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, namthienvo said:

Here is my clover folder; use it to install mac os and boot from it. Whenever you try to install, change graphics configuration in clover to 0x12345678. When installation is finished, boot once more with 0x12345678 and follow this guide https://www.travelertechie.com/2019/02/how-to-rebuild-cache-and-repair.html to rebuild kext cache on catalina.

Alternative method is to download hackintool https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v3-x-x.254559/ and choose rebuild cache from utilities.

On the next reboot, you won't have to use 0x12345678. Just boot normally, and graphics should be working.

I believe that the reason why most people who dont have graphics working (19mb) is because the kext had not been rebuilt/"cache cleared" correctly

CLOVER.rar

Do you have graphics acceleration with this on 10.15.3? How about hiDPI? Thanks.

1 hour ago, rdsgalid said:

Do you have graphics acceleration with this on 10.15.3? How about hiDPI? Thanks.

If by HiDPI, you meathat everything doesn’t look super small anymore, then yes, everything looks normal.

And yes I have graphics accelleration. Everything runs much smoother as I have 1536mb in grpahics memory instead of 19mb

Edited by namthienvo

7 hours ago, namthienvo said:

If by HiDPI, you meathat everything doesn’t look super small anymore, then yes, everything looks normal.

And yes I have graphics accelleration. Everything runs much smoother as I have 1536mb in grpahics memory instead of 19mb

14 hours ago, namthienvo said:

CLOVER.rar

Hey! Thank you! for the EFI. My first success with graphics acceleration with Catalina on this tablet. Just for learning: what settings/value(s) was that made the acceleration possible on 10.15.3? This stumped me for weeks. AND: Why do you think it fails with 10.15.4? Thanks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, namthienvo said:

CLOVER.rar

thank you,My graphics is working now after using ur clover and hackintool to rebuild cache 

but I don’t know why i can’t boot normally with ur clover (win + macOS ) ,I just can boot after entering the surface UEFI setting and then choose internal storage boot immediately from boot management setting, Did I need to also use your Boot folder file in ESP?Could to mind to also upload it? 

I’ll try to use the modified voodooi2c to driver the touchpad ,because in my 10.15.3,it show me not found touchpad 

and my battery just show 100%

1 hour ago, gzbenson said:

thank you,My graphics is working now after using ur clover and hackintool to rebuild cache 

but I don’t know why i can’t boot normally with ur clover (win + macOS ) ,I just can boot after entering the surface UEFI setting and then choose internal storage boot immediately from boot management setting, Did I need to also use your Boot folder file in ESP?Could to mind to also upload it? 

I’ll try to use the modified voodooi2c to driver the touchpad ,because in my 10.15.3,it show me not found touchpad 

and my battery just show 100%

Not sure what you mean about boot normall? Like have it automatically boot to Windows? I feel like most would prefer clover to quickly seelect which OS to boot into. I personally have UEFI setup to boot into internal storage for clover to load automatically by moving internal storage to preferred boot entry (moved it to the top). If you want to restore it to stock like when you only had windows, move the boot into UEFI bootloader- entry to the top. Also, yeah if you want touchpad gestures, install the voodooi2c from page 2. After adding the kext into S/L/E, clear the cache again (either hackintool/terminal commands), reboot and it should work. 

Again, not 100% sure about you meant, but if the above steps doesnt work for you please send me screenshots/videorecording of your issue. Hope this helps.

59 minutes ago, namthienvo said:

Not sure what you mean about boot normall? Like have it automatically boot to Windows? I feel like most would prefer clover to quickly seelect which OS to boot into. I personally have UEFI setup to boot into internal storage for clover to load automatically by moving internal storage to preferred boot entry (moved it to the top). If you want to restore it to stock like when you only had windows, move the boot into UEFI bootloader- entry to the top. Also, yeah if you want touchpad gestures, install the voodooi2c from page 2. After adding the kext into S/L/E, clear the cache again (either hackintool/terminal commands), reboot and it should work. 

Again, not 100% sure about you meant, but if the above steps doesnt work for you please send me screenshots/videorecording of your issue. Hope this helps.

Sorry for no making myself understood last time. I mean that I can't boot into the system normally now, that is, I can't enter the boot interface of clover to choose which system(win or macOS ) I want to get into. 

When I turn on the power of the surfacepro5, PC screen will be stuck in the Microsoft logo screen. 

there is one way I can get into the clover boot interface.
Power Button + volume up , 

go to boot management and choose internel storage again and click boot immediately .

I always keep only one option in my boot management setting of surface UEFI ,just boot from Internal storage  

btw ,when I change another EFI in this thread , I can boot into clover , not stuck in the Microsoft Logo screen 

but I can’t let the graphic work even I rebuilt the cache by hackintool using another EFI 

Edited by gzbenson

2 hours ago, gzbenson said:

Sorry for no making myself understood last time. I mean that I can't boot into the system normally now, that is, I can't enter the boot interface of clover to choose which system(win or macOS ) I want to get into. 

When I turn on the power of the surfacepro5, PC screen will be stuck in the Microsoft logo screen. 

there is one way I can get into the clover boot interface.
Power Button + volume up , 

go to boot management and choose internel storage again and click boot immediately .

I always keep only one option in my boot management setting of surface UEFI ,just boot from Internal storage  

btw ,when I change another EFI in this thread , I can boot into clover , not stuck in the Microsoft Logo screen 

but I can’t let the graphic work even I rebuilt the cache by hackintool using another EFI 

That's very odd considering booting from "internal storage" is the only option you have as an entry. I would try installing clover manually into your partition/drive, then use my clover. If that has not worked for you.. then sure, see if the boot folder helps

BOOT.rar

7 hours ago, namthienvo said:

That's very odd considering booting from "internal storage" is the only option you have as an entry. I would try installing clover manually into your partition/drive, then use my clover. If that has not worked for you.. then sure, see if the boot folder helps

BOOT.rar

thank you very much , i'll try this today  

btw: Is cpu frequency conversion working for you? i use App(CPU-S)to test ,reporting 1 level for me(3.5G Mhz), For my experience ,  i have 12 levels in my thinpad x240 hackintoshi (10.15.4) , and my battery is always 100% regardless of the actual electricity charge

5 minutes ago, Fernando809 said:

I have noticed that the micro SD does not work with 10.15.3 but it does with 10.14.6

Yes ,  10.14.6 ,my following funtions are working, using this EFI https://github.com/bigsadan/surface-pro-4-hackintosh 

What is working:

• QE/CI (Ok)
  • Audio (Ok)
  • Brightness (Ok)
  • Touchpad with gestures (Ok)
  • Keyboard (Ok)
  • NVMe (Ok)
  • Battery (Ok)
  • Sleep/Wake (Ok)

What is NOT working:

• Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Touchscreen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gzbenson said:

Sí, 10.14.6, mis siguientes funciones están funcionando, usando este EFI  https://github.com/bigsadan/surface-pro-4-hackintosh 

Que esta funcionando :

• QE / CI  (Ok)
  • Audio  (ok)
  • Brillo  (Ok)
  • Touchpad  con gestos (Ok)
  • Teclado (Ok)
  • NVMe (Ok)
  • Batería (ok)
  • Dormir / despertar (Ok)

Lo que NO funciona :

• Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Cámara
  • Pantalla táctil

Does it work on 10.15.3 for you? (I have tried to manually repair the SD card but with no luck) 

• Like 1