Surface Pro 2017 - macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Hackintosh - Success!

SoxasoraIT

137 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have problems with the installation of mojave.
(sp5 i5 8 / 256gb)
Disable on the bios sb and tpm
install w10pro clean.
I create the usb mojave in osx
Calvary begins when I want to do the installation in the ssd, in the partition of ntfs created from w10 for the installation of mojave.
My first achievement after a lot of fighting was to install mojave in a usb drive, and it works perfect.
Steps I follow:
1. i install w10
2. I create a partition in ntfs for osx
3. I open the SSD partition to change the efi folder (boot, clover)
4. I start mojave and in the installation I open the disk utility and format the partition of ntfs for osx (hfs + macos) but it gives me an error deletes the section and does not let me mount.
The problem also lets the efi partition work and does not start w10, and I start again at point 1, starting installation of mojave from pendrive clover also gives me the same problem.
I can't create an hfs + partition in the internal ssd along with w10

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, chemaeg5 said:

Hello, I have problems with the installation of mojave.
(sp5 i5 8 / 256gb)
Disable on the bios sb and tpm
install w10pro clean.
I create the usb mojave in osx
Calvary begins when I want to do the installation in the ssd, in the partition of ntfs created from w10 for the installation of mojave.
My first achievement after a lot of fighting was to install mojave in a usb drive, and it works perfect.
Steps I follow:
1. i install w10
2. I create a partition in ntfs for osx
3. I open the SSD partition to change the efi folder (boot, clover)
4. I start mojave and in the installation I open the disk utility and format the partition of ntfs for osx (hfs + macos) but it gives me an error deletes the section and does not let me mount.
The problem also lets the efi partition work and does not start w10, and I start again at point 1, starting installation of mojave from pendrive clover also gives me the same problem.
I can't create an hfs + partition in the internal ssd along with w10

You can NOT partition (add HFS+) if ESP (EFI partition) <200Mb

You can NOT install MacOS if exist Resverved (16Mb) from Windows

So, you can do as followings:

Step 1: Backup all SSD

Step 2: Boot from MacOS Installer (USB) completely

Step 3: Using Disk Utility to re-format (ease) SSD with scheme GPT, filesystem can use APFS (catalina/Mojave) or HFS+ (10.12/10.13), create partition for MacOS ( it will auto create 1st=EFI 200mb, 2nd=be used to install MacOS

Step 4: Goto Partition table on Disk Utility to shrink 3rd for Windows from 2nd volume as APFS/HFS (will re-format to NTFS later)

Step 5: Install completely MacOS, then copy Clover from USB to SSD (and backup EFI folder if need)

Step 6: Delete 3rd partition and Install Windows 10 from USB

Step 7: config EFI to dual boot Win/Mac

Step 8: You also can install Ubuntu on 4th partition and ChromeOS on 5th+6th partition

Step 9: If Install ChromeOS, have to use dual-boot via FYDEOS and rEFInd to chainload ChromeOS (if not, ChromeOS will have to install at first step)

Untitled.thumb.png.d32ce224575d73059e91750f28c3cdd8.png

Edited by disruptor

• 2 weeks later...

if it doesnt work the touchscreen or the wifi , even with voodoo drivers? 

than is a waste of money and time to try hacking this surface.

if you find how to make wifi and touchscreen working ill buy one myself for that.

thanks gave a great day see you in the future with that working aha

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, enfilator37100 said:

Buenos dias a todos,

Aquí es cuando trato de instalar OS X Catalina 10.15.4 Después de un tiempo en la instalación hay un código de error y estoy obligado a reinstalar todo desde cero ¿Ha encontrado algún problema al actualizar su superficie profesional a esta versión?

You can send a photo of your mistake ?

Tengo un problema al intentar ver una imagen en vista rápida, se ve extraño, pero si amplío la imagen es posible ver bien, pero se vuelve extraño instantáneamente (10.14.4)

Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-28 a la (s) 2.40.33 am.png

RESOLVED I solved it by putting "0x59260002" in "ig-platform-id " because I have iris 640

Edited by Fernando809
resolved

Hi all. I can confirm Latest Clover and Catalina 10.15.4 on Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 (i5-7300U, IGU Intel HD 620, ALC 298) can be done. I have seen the message above ("macOS could not be installed on your computer) during installation. It just means that the bless tool can not set the startup disk at this stage. No worries, close everything and but startup this time using the HDD where you have installed Catalina option at Clover. Here's a link to my EFI. Most are working (except of course, those that are not supported - touchscreen, bluetooth and wifi). 

What's left for me to do is set the graphics acceleration  for Intel HD620 and figuring out the hiDPI. Enjoy, and pray tell me if someone figures out the last two bots for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82ucyl0ezs51gwg/surfacepro.zip?dl=0

91022902_4267596756599101_4823960782712602624_n.jpg

Edited by rdsgalid

1 hour ago, rdsgalid said:

Hi all. I can confirm Latest Clover and Catalina 10.15.4 on Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 (i5-7300U, IGU Intel HD 620, ALC 298) can be done. I have seen the message above ("macOS could not be installed on your computer) during installation. It just means that the bless tool can not set the startup disk at this stage. No worries, close everything and but startup this time using the HDD where you have installed Catalina option at Clover. Here's a link to my EFI. Most are working (except of course, those that are not supported - touchscreen, bluetooth and wifi). 

What's left for me to do is set the graphics acceleration  for Intel HD620 and figuring out the hiDPI. Enjoy, and pray tell me if someone figures out the last two bots for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82ucyl0ezs51gwg/surfacepro.zip?dl=0

91022902_4267596756599101_4823960782712602624_n.jpg

Excellent (although I am stuck in 10.14.6 for stability reasons hehe) I will create a partition to install 10.15.4 and try to solve graphics and hiDPI problem (if you or someone else doesn't do it first)