CPUFriend

Pavo

33 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, WinstonAce said:

It helps when you want to load different resource than your SMBIOS default one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I use SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 wth my vega 64 and i78700K (not overclocked). Rather than the iMac 91,1 since I gave up trying to use quick sync iGPU. I got small glitches from video playback even when everything was confirmed as working correctly. Does that then mean I could get some use out of this? Since a real iMacPro uses Intel Xeon CPU and I have a coffee lake i78700K. Take it that's where this could come in useful? I'm seeing all of my 6 cores being used during heavy CPU tests but maybe it would be even better if I tried this? Thanks for any help/thoughts! 

• 5 months later...

If anyone is interested, I wrote MaciASL patch for @vit9696 SSDT-PLUG.dsl Acpi sample: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PLUG.dsl that injects frequency vector from MP 7,1 to enable HWP/Speedshift on HWP unaware SMBIOS, i.e. iMac 17,1. It is intended to use on desktop configurations, it drops lowest frequency to 800 mHz and EPP is set to 20 (0x20). Remember to enable Speedshift in your BIOS/UEFI and use with CPUFriend kext.

SSDT-PLUG_patch.txt

6 hours ago, Paksman said:

If anyone is interested, I wrote MaciASL patch for @vit9696 SSDT-PLUG.dsl Acpi sample: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PLUG.dsl that injects frequency vector from MP 7,1 to enable HWP/Speedshift on HWP unaware SMBIOS, i.e. iMac 17,1. It is intended to use on desktop configurations, it drops lowest frequency to 800 mHz and EPP is set to 20 (0x20). Remember to enable Speedshift in your BIOS/UEFI and use with CPUFriend kext.

SSDT-PLUG_patch.txt

Works great!  Finally got CF frequency on my desktop (Imac14,2) Lenovo M93 (i7 4770).  Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, clemsyn said:

Works great!  Finally got CF frequency on my desktop (Imac14,2) Lenovo M93 (i7 4770).  Thanks!

I'm not shure if there is any real benefit for your CPU, since it doesn't support HWP/Speedshift, Speedshift is only for Skylake+ CPU's, although it should lower your idle CPU frequency down to 800 mHz.

• 8 months later...

I have a Core i9-10850 CPU and switched because of that to iMac 20,2 SMBIOS. But it seems that the idle frequency is h1,3GHz instead of the usual 800MHz on my CPU now. I could use CPUFriend to fix that, but I switched to SMBIOS iMac 20,2 just because that matches my CPU and chipset Now I need to use a tool to get my CPU straight?

Could somebody please explain me why my CPU is not idle at 800MHz when I use iMac 20,2 SMBIOS?.

Edited by Planet X

• 2 months later...
Guest 5T33Z0
On 2/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, Planet X said:

I have a Core i9-10850 CPU and switched because of that to iMac 20,2 SMBIOS. But it seems that the idle frequency is h1,3GHz instead of the usual 800MHz on my CPU now. I could use CPUFriend to fix that, but I switched to SMBIOS iMac 20,2 just because that matches my CPU and chipset Now I need to use a tool to get my CPU straight?

Could somebody please explain me why my CPU is not idle at 800MHz when I use iMac 20,2 SMBIOS?.

Use CPUFriendFriend to modify tthe Low Frequency. https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore

Read the "Post Install tweaks" Section

• 2 months later...

it does assist in lowering cpu voltage for this Broadwell-U.

But when I switched to VirtualSMC.kext + plugins, I lost the CPU freqs. So I have to look at voltage.

Anybody have suggestions to get the frequency view back with VirtualSMC.kext?