[SUCCESS] [GUIDE] Dell Precision T7610 Workstation Hackintosh - GUIDE

yehia2amer

10 posts in this topic

Dell Precision T7610 Workstation

Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Dell Precision Workstation T7610 Case External                  Dell Precision Workstation T7610 Case Internal

Introduction: 

Hi Everyone,

This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ^_^).

Specs:

• CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
  • RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
  • GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5
  • Chipset: Intel C602
  • Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
  • SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4 
  • Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support

• Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210

• NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:

• Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh)
  • ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla)
  • Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13)
  • LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2)
  • Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla)
  • Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet)
  • USB 2.0

Not Working:

• NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202)
  • Sleep

https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide

Edited by yehia2amer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did a similar install and wrote it up here:  

I also couldn't get the USB3 controllers or sleep to work properly.  I posted about it here:

I tried for quite some time with custom DSDT and other things and in the end gave up. If you get any further progress would be interested to hear about it. 

Edited by Bounc1ngbanker

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, thanks so much for posting this here!

I have the same computer with the exception of my GPU which is a Quadro K4000. I tried using your Clover folder after I found my first attempt failed. Unfortunately it still fails at the same point, have you got any idea what I might try to change? I'm very new to all of this. Below is a photo of when it freezes in verbose mode.

(I have tried many different guides and methods online (vids, threads on forums etc.) 

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Clover and Install Disk Creator, and also tried different Usb sticks/ports, changed my bios settings as far as I could (the Dell menu seems to be quite different and more basic then some people's bios menus in YouTube videos) and I don't know what to change..

Also I am a bit confused that although it is a legacy device, it has an option to select uefi boot options too in one of the bios menus??

Maybe you could explain the basic steps you took? I'd be incredibly grateful!!

Cheers,

BarryLimestone

IMG_9470.HEIC

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks to your files, I've managed to pull 10.14.6 together.
Thanks for the great job on dsdt, it saved me plenty of time.
One thing to add is that that your bios config, bios revision may vary... hence do not expect everything to work out of the box...

Although someone who know what they doing should be all fine.

It took me a while to stitch everything together, I hope this will help others with their builds.

Currently I'm using:
Clover5070 with: ApfsDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix, DataHubDxe, FSInject, SMCHelper.
For kexts I currently settled on: AstekFusion2Adapter, AstekFusion2Family, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA, VoodooTSCSync (I use one more kext to provide support for bootable hfs usb sticks, VBoxHfs, HfsPlus should also do the trick)

All in latest versions

Dell memory issue and how to fix it:

Probably most frustrating part for me was to get the memory fix driver working with later version of clover, after some research, few reboots and tests I've settled on AptioMemoryFix R27 (link), which was the only driver that worked for me and my system.

Storage:

Astek kexts works great, I got 3 x ssds and 4 x 3.5'' all from onboard sas controller, and everything works just great.

USB:

I've disabled usb3 and internal port in the bios, as I'm using separate controller that seats above graphics and gives me 5 ports at the back and serves front usb3 port as well. I'm using one of those cheap inateck usb3.0 controllers, you can pick from anywhere and works just great out of the box.

Audio:
Not much to say other than I'm using latest release of voodoohda, I have found it most satisfactory in terms of sound quality issues.
I rarely use my onboard card, as I use usb dac, bluetooth speakers and usb headset...

I have rx580 in mine, so not much to say there, this works natively just fine, also got only one cpu and looking to upgrade now, once I got it all sorted on the software side of the things... 

I run Windows, Mojave and Arch, each from its own ssd and all from one machine (one at the time, though :-P).

Good Luck and big thanks to yehia2amer

EFI.zip

Edited by mmoraw
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

9 hours ago, tnjens said:

Thanks, this is working very well.

Got Catalina up and running on NVME with 2x E5-2696v2, 128GB RAM and RX570. Couldn't get my onboard RAID working though, using SATA and PCIe NVME instead.

I'm just about to do the same thing, this sas is a nightmare to deal with, although works great as such

Can I ask what cards you are using and drives ? Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

@mmoraw @tnjens

gents.. thinking about a t7600 my w3680 is getting old

can you guys detail your system specs a bit more .. it 7600, 7610 etc

I notice you are using lilu but not using its plug ins for audio and video instead using voodooo  did you try lilu?

what are these things pulling at the wall WATTS wise at idle.. you guys getting full cpu power management out of it?

thanks guys

also, the astek kext.. I was the guy that found those and another guy modded it to remove the license since the company went out of business... it assumes that the raid card is flashed to IT mode.

there are other kexts for LSI megarec that will run it as a raid card

thanks for the info guys..