[SOLVED] Issues Booting Sierra Installer (Unable to reach Installer)

JijiTheFox

37 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've recently bought a Fujitsu Ah512 (please move this thread if it's in the wrong place, apologies if so!)

I've fitted an Intel I5 2450m SandyBridge (HM75 7 series chipset) to the board, 
It has internal GPU of HD 3000 (1368 x 768).

The Motherboard is FJNBB29.

I've been trying for a week to get this to run the Sierra Installer, but sadly it hits an unresponsive, black screen when I select it.
There's nothing outputting to the HDMI port, (I haven't checked VGA, but being VGA I'd assume not.)
I cannot boot verbose either so I cannot log what's going on.

FakeSMC is present in the kext/other folder.

I've tried to boot with intel injection disabled and still that hasn't helped.

Please let me know if you've any suggestions, I was really hoping to get this sorted as my macbook pro is getting on and I'd like to use this one to carry some of the macbook's work.

Many Thanks

Jiji

CLOVER.zip

Edited by JijiTheFox
Corrected wrong information

24 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Any reason why you're injecting some nVidia + ATI graphics properties in Clover?

Hi Hervé 
I'll be honest I have no idea.
I have been trying many things across the forums and sites.
The config plist was generic/prebuilt for HD3000 at my resolution, it was one of the the last thing I tried. 
Will happily try disabling all those if it could help

Just gave it a try, still black screen sadly. 

Would it be just a display issue or something more? The LEDs on the USB hard drive just stop flashing the moment I select the installer.

I had 5 minutes free this morning, so I made an Enoch USB Bootloader.

This gets me further into the installer with a  verbose screen! 

I've used Clover for what seems like forever now as it's been on my desktop, so I'm getting rusty.

I've hit the AppleCPUPowerManagement kernel panic intsantly.. should this be resolved with a NULLCPUPower kext?

Also with Enoch.. being that it is a branch of Chameleon, should this be Extra/Extensions? I had to manually make that folder and add FakeSMC and NULLCPU but I hit that panic again (I know this is a basic issue I've fixed it in the past, it's just been a long time.)

IMG_20180801_075312.jpg

Hervé, thank you so much for your help so far that could not have been more helpful. 

I've gotten much further in and I'm now stuck at

USBMC Identifier (non-unique): 20090516388200000 0xbda 0x138 

0x3882, 2

I've looked around on Google but there's no specific root cause found on any thread. Would you happen to know about this?

Many Thanks again

IMG_20180801_203902.jpg

Edited by Jiji The Fox

Quick question for anyone who may see this: 
Would Clover Legacy be more recommended than Enoch?

This USBSMC error doesn't seem to be very positive in terms of fixing, i've not found much information on it online. 

I've not been home much lately due to work commitments but I'll try to make a legacy Clover boot if that'd be a preferable option. 

Update:
Neither Clover Legacy or EFI works, so I've stuck with enoch.

I've bought a USB 3.0 express card, which when booted through gets me past any USB SMC hangs. 

I'm now stuck at a different line.. IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05...

IMG_20180807_141516.jpg

Try this config.plist attaching

also put the DSDT.aml attaching, This is your ORIGIN DSDT.aml from your EFI folder patching for Intel HD 3000 Low Screen 1366X768  put it on  / EFI  / CLOVER / ACPI / patched /DSDT.aml

Credit patch dsdt rehabman

Also SSDT.aml  I5 2540m for your CPU, you have to  put it on  / EFI  / CLOVER / ACPI / patched /SSDT.aml

Reboot to USB Installer and let me know, hope that help

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

Edited by chris1111
new SSDT.aml attaching

Hi Chris1111

Thank you for your time on this, Once I'm home I'll get onto this and test it out.
One worrying revelation I've had is I've been a bit stupid, and mixed up the CPU model that I have.

I have a 2450m CPU, not a 2540m. 
Should I still try your fixes? I've googled they are both HD3000 and very similar.

Apologies for the mix-up.

5 minutes ago, Jiji The Fox said:

Hi Chris1111

Thank you for your time on this, Once I'm home I'll get onto this and test it out.
One worrying revelation I've had is I've been a bit stupid, and mixed up the CPU model that I have.

I have a 2450m CPU, not a 2540m. 
Should I still try your fixes? I've googled they are both HD3000 and very similar.

Apologies for the mix-up.

SSDT 2450m attaching :wink_anim:

SSDT.aml.zip

I have change also SSDT in my previous post

Edited by chris1111
I have change also SSDT in my previous post

What is the clover revision?

strange this is suppose  to work because I have a freind with almost same specs of you and no issue at all 

use only FackeSMC.kext  and voodoops2controller in Clover kexts folder

Edited by chris1111

Hi Chris1111

Still the same sadly, stripped all kexts out but FakeSMC (testing on my lunch break, I don't have VoodooPS2 kext available until I'm hone. My Work PC is locked down I have internet but no useable USB ports, my laptop doesn't have internet.)

I've attached all my Clover files (without themes folder,) just in case I'm missing any instruction out. 

CLOVER r4617.zip

36 minutes ago, Jiji The Fox said:

Hi Chris1111

Still the same sadly, stripped all kexts out but FakeSMC (testing on my lunch break, I don't have VoodooPS2 kext available until I'm hone. My Work PC is locked down I have internet but no useable USB ports, my laptop doesn't have internet.)

I've attached all my Clover files (without themes folder,) just in case I'm missing any instruction out. 

CLOVER r4617.zip

You have put SSDT and DSDT on origin folder, I told you to put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ patched

You need also VoodooPS2Controller in kexts folder attaching here

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

I have attach correct CLOVER folder

CLOVER.zip

Edited by chris1111
attaching you CLOVER correction by me

Apologies Chris, I tried consciously to ensure it was not in the Origin folder last night.I'm a bit confused how it got in there and not the Patched Folder, and also where that WINDOWS folder came from. (I was rather sleep deprived at midnight last night.)

I'll be on this in the next few hours when I'm home and will update you as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, Jiji The Fox said:

Apologies Chris, I tried consciously to ensure it was not in the Origin folder last night.I'm a bit confused how it got in there and not the Patched Folder, and also where that WINDOWS folder came from. (I was rather sleep deprived at midnight last night.)

I'll be on this in the next few hours when I'm home and will update you as soon as possible.

just make sure SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml is in patched folder 

On 8/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, chris1111 said:

just make sure SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml is in patched folder 

Haha I made sure I didn't make the same mistake twice :)

Unfortunately, still the same. I don't think it leaves Clover to boot, as I can press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and reset to BIOS.

As I haven't specified it, I'm going to mention I have a Phoenix BIOS.

Config:

Fast Boot : Disabled

CSM : Enabled
Legacy USB Support : Enabled

Anytime USB Charge: Disabled

Serial ATA Controller : Enabled

AHCI Configuration : Enabled

Virtualisation Technology : Enabled

Wake Up On LAN : Disabled

FAN Control : Silent

Intel(R) at Suspend Mode : Disabled

Secure Boot : Disabled

Also, both Clover EFI and Legacy lead to the same end. 

UPDATE: I've been researching my BIOS.. I've Phoenix Secure Core Tiano 1.12. 
I believe it's EFI 32bit only.. not 64. I'm assuming this could be the issue. 

Apparently I can build clover manually with 32?

Update II : Clover doesn't work, at all.  Working with Enoch currently.

Edited by Jiji The Fox
Update

12 hours ago, Jiji The Fox said:

Gotten further with Enoch Bootloader.

I'm stuck here and the scouring the internet isn't helping me. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance

IMG_20180813_140901.jpg

Your boot log shows "Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load"  ---> will need graphics_MEI_sandy dsdt fix or use FakeID with Clover.

Google for @RehabMan guide for running Sandy Bridge CPU (with HD3000) on 7 series board.  He has a GIT hub with some sample Clover configs eg https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist.

Edited by fusion71au

20 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Your boot log shows "Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load"  ---> will need graphics_MEI_sandy dsdt fix or use FakeID with Clover.

Google for @RehabMan guide for running Sandy Bridge CPU (with HD3000) on 7 series board.  He has a GIT hub with some sample Clover configs eg https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist.

I've tried the above DSDT fix but sadly it hasn't worked, oddly enough still the same error.

I can't use the config plists as Clover is a dead end for me, I'm only getting a Verbose with Enoch/Chameleon, would there be any equivalence in bootflags, or entry to add to the org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Which Clover revision did you try and how did you install Clover?  Versions r4541 to r4639 had a bug that caused failure to install boot0 to the MBR ---> boot failure in legacy mode.  Release 4644 has fixed this.

If your system supports UEFI booting, did you try disabling CSM in BIOS and make sure you have an aptio fix driver eg AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI?

Failing this, there is a guide in Voldemort's forum on how to edit plist files inside AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.  Google "Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards".  You will need to prepare an installer USB using the old "restore BaseSystem.dmg" method, not createinstallmedia.

• Like 2