New (working) multiboot install, audio, usb, monitor issues

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,
I am new, I hope I am posting in the correct forum.
My specs:
Processor: Core i5 6500 Skylake 3.2ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte h170-d3h
M2SSD: WD Black 256gb PCIe (Mac OSx)
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo (WIndows 10)

HDD: WD Blue 1TB
GPU: Radeon RX 480
Monitor: BenQ 
RL2460 24"

I was able to install High Sierra on a new m2 drive, that I added to the above configuration with windows 10 already installed.
I had a few issues during install, including the monitor turning off at boot screen.

Unfortunately, this persists even now. It turns off at about 60% of the progress bar, and to turn it on again I have to unplug/plug back my hdmi.
Additionally, while all of the usb ports worked during install and while running it out of the clover I had on the usb stick, only the rear ones appear to work now.
The audio doesn't work either, though I added the correct patch according to my mobo

Lastly, my other drives are not recognized in the bios anymore. They run fine from boot override but they don't show up in the boot priority (while multiple entries of mac OS do, and they seem to increase in number at every reboot)

Thanks in advance for the help

Fixed audio and crashing monitor. I got almost all of the USB ports working, but the ones next to the ps/2 connector are still down.

The boot issue makes me worry. Every single time I boot to High Sierra a new UEFi entry is created, they are up to 10 now and keep increasing.
Any way to stop this behavior?

I figured the windows one doesn't show up since it's in legacy mode, I will try to change the MBR to uefi for that

Update 2: The clover config.plist file reverts to its state after a few minutes (maybe 10). It therefore loses the video patch I hardcode to make the monitor work.
Any idea why?
p.s. I am trusting clover is supported here, if not please let me know, I am open to using other solutions.

2 hours ago, LarryKu said:

Wow seems to work a lot better! I don't see icons in clover for the mac with this theme, but for the rest everything seems smooth. Here is the log.
The file uploader won't work, I uploaded it to a Gdrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ynr0gzWkMQAppTyUsshxZmYNBXLNM_eK/view?usp=sharing

Kudos!

looks good, test sleep etc, let me know

Everything looking good so far :) Thanks a lot! It seems to sleep and wake up correctly so far. The screen does turn off, but it turns back on immediately on boot (might as well be an issue with the screen itself, anyway it works)
Windows seems to boot faster as well

5 minutes ago, LarryKu said:

Everything looking good so far :) Thanks a lot! It seems to sleep and wake up correctly so far. The screen does turn off, but it turns back on immediately on boot (might as well be an issue with the screen itself, anyway it works)
Windows seems to boot faster as well

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1