[Guide] Fujitsu Esprimo P710 (10.9.5 +)

Nemorosus

4 posts in this topic

emirQUp.png

Note: This computer works with every version of OS X since (virtually) Snow Leopard, to High Sierra (and newer I presume, except if Apple makes drastic changes). Depending on your hardware configuration, you may need to change some settings and experiment more.

My configuration:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT210 1GB (connected via HDMI)

What works, what doesn't?

• Works: Native power management with TB, USB 3.0*, Ethernet*, parallel ports (natively)...
  • Doesn't work: Intel HD2500. If you have i7 or another CPU with HD4000, you may get it to work. The options in BIOS are there, it's just I hadn't had any luck with the HD2500 and couldn't enable it (tried various ways).
  • Note: I don't know if native audio works, as I own an USB audio interface and I use it without any problems. I presume you'll be able to get audio with AppleHDA patches or in last resort VoodooHDA.

Let me just say that this is a relatively compatible computer. The motherboard is very good, with the exception of the PSU - you are limited to set of GPUs. Before I had the GT210, I had GTX1050 which worked wonderfully with High Sierra (latest version). But for my purposes, I needed Mavericks and hence the GPU downgrade.

BIOS settings

• SATA mode to AHCI
  • Disable VT-d
  • Disable integrated GPU (if you have HD2500)
  • Enable Execute Disable Bit

Installation Guide

1. Create an USB with DiskMakerX
  2. Install Clover on it (no special settings needed)
  3. Insert FakeSMC.kext into kexts/Other folder
  4. When booting, select all the CPU patches (including XCPM)
  5. If you have NVIDIA GT210, you'll need to disable the integrated GPU and only select 'Inject NVIDIA' in Graphics settings in Clover
  6. Viola

Additional Kexts

Some more screenshots:

oC8azs6.png

ArNgIeS.png

eXATxwo.png

DmG0WlX.png

Edited by Nemorosus

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Indeed, Intel HD2500 graphics never had much support under OS X. I've only over heard of apparent support for this iGPU in ML 10.8.3-10.8.5 but that's it.

I even tried to make it work on 10.8.5, but no success. I've read that some people could make it work with injecting the name of HD4000 and IG Platform ID's, but again nothing. To some extent it looks like it (somewhat) works on High Sierra, but when it comes to the stage to boot up the login screen, only garbled Apple logo with the loading bar going over and over again, never reaching to the end.

But yeah, if someone has an K'ed i5 or i7, the HD4000 is compatible.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...