[IN PROGRESS] GA-X58-UD3R rev.2, i7 980 and 5770

5 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I'm new to this site but not totally new to hack. I've had a hack since 10.4 and the latest version I ran was 10.9, not totally fixed but it worked to what I needed. Now I want to make the machine run as good as it can. I can see there has been a lot of changes/upgrades/new solutions since I installed my hack and I have a hard time to catch up.  

I've been able to boot and install macOSX and now I need the POST installation.

I tried to install the clover EFI boot loader with these settings:

1.png.85689ff0ee8ea44f13a59789c762fbdb.png 2.png.a43bccbed96a4cceacd5e94f80a6445d.png

and found the DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml from HERE

found the apfs.efi
and placed it in EFI -> EFI -> CLOVER -> driver64

and these kext in here:

5abfcc456ad92_Skrmbillede2018-03-31kl_19_58_18.png.cc25ae532c8ac0e319b646f041e4527a.png

But when I boot it up this is the first bootscreen I have. No partions, no mouse control, no nothing.

IMG_1301.thumb.JPG.196da4271f2fc375b36dd0c430e2f2c1.JPG

if I exit clover this screen appear.

IMG_1302.thumb.JPG.23e3eac9bf7031b37b7a10ade52a920f.JPG

and now everything works. 

What is wrong?

Cheers

Soren

Edited by Soeren_DK

When you checked "install Clover in ESP" you installed Clover in the EFI partition on the HD (this partition is hidden).  Then you also checked "install Clover in MBR" this installed Clover on HighSierra partition on the HD.  You now installed your kexts and other files in the EFI folder created on the HD from the "install in MBR" process.

The first screen you see in the Clover install from the hidder EFI folder. When you exit from that screen you then go to the Clover install on the HighSierra partition and can then boot into MacOS.

You have two possible solutions: delete the Clover install from the hidden EFI partition or finsish the install in that partition by loading the kexts and files you loaded in the EFI folder on the HD to the EFI folder on the hidder partiltion.

Download 'CloverConfigurator".  Run that program and you can choose to mount the hidden EFI partition. You can then either delete the files installed there or complete the installation of the appropriate files into the EFI folder.