Apple ID Locked for security reasons on Latitude E7440

ammoune78

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have problem of getting my iCloud account locked after each install of macOS, SMBios appear to be working on EveryMac and Apple, but I'm using MacBook Pro 9,2 and previously MacBook Pro 11,2 and same thing again AppleID locked for security reasons.

Is there something to do, to change, thanks!

23 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey guys, I have problem of getting my iCloud account locked after each install of macOS, SMBios appear to be working on EveryMac and Apple, but I'm using MacBook Pro 9,2 and previously MacBook Pro 11,2 and same thing again AppleID locked for security reasons.

Is there something to do, to change, thanks!

Hi there this problem started with latest versions of El Capitan.

The only thing that can be done about it is to remove the device from your iCloud account before performing a clean install, you can easily activate your iCloud, Messages and FaceTime once the installation is complete.

There is no 100% guarantee that it would work but it works on my end (Not always though)

I personally haven't found a better solution yet!

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

Thanks MAN, i'll try it in the next clean install, and i hope if it can work without having the Apple ID locked again because it's painful! But i suspect also the SMBios maybe, because i've seen it somewhere!

I'm pretty much sure it's due to SMBios, because each time of clean install the Apple ID get locked using MacBook Pro 11,2 and since a while 9,2, just did minutes a go MacBook Pro 11,1 like you said and now didn't get it locked :lol: ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

@Hervé I'm completely lost, i did that and it always Lock Apple ID after install 10.13.4 again, i know that i do something wrong, but here's my CLOVER folder to check my faults please, I will mention that after installing the OS it reboots to the setup screen I enter my Apple ID for iCloud, once on the desktop it lock the Apple ID:

CLOVER.zip

Thanks

Edited by ammoune78

Guest ricoc90

I used to have this problem too after every update. At some point I noticed that I did not have that problem if I did NOT log in to iCloud at first boot. I could then log in via settings / iCloud without problems.

Yes, exactly, this is what i just did right now! So i did not logged in at first boot, i just did it in System Preferences, it didn't showed up the PopUp yet, so i guess it worked :D