High sierra 10.13.1 to 10.13.3 update issues - Help needed

Twml

7 posts in this topic

I have a HP Elitebook 8460P i5 2520M 2.49ghz 8GB ram laptop running High Sierra 10.13.1.

I cant get it to update to 10.13.3 no matter what i try.

App store or downloading the updates from apple website either single or combo updates. All fail.

Downloading from the app store asks for a reboot to install, starts to install, says ETA then part way through just goes to a black screen no reboot no nothing just powered on doing nothing for hours. After rebooting manually i have a new option in clover MacOS install from hdd. booting it causes the system to endlessly reboot update wont install.

however if i boot from the os not the update, system will start in 10.13.1 again.

I recorded the verbose output during the install but it happens very fast, (less then 1 second a lot of text) so i recorded in 240fps slo-mo in some bad lighting unfortunately time of day it is, so hope its readable. 

Any idea why i cant install the 10.13.3 updates?

I have tried app store, manual 10.13.1 > 10.13.2, manual 10.13.1 > 10.13.3 combo

File is to big to attach here (145mb) so here is a youtube link to my verbose boot

i am getting with the update install. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2owXaUy4o

Do you have all the kexts updated?

For you stop the boot, and see what happens, press the Space button and go to Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Check the box, and go to Boot macOS with selected options.

10.13.1 seems to be running well.

im not sure if i need to update any kext or where to even really update,

booting works on 10.13.1 so im not sure what i would need to even update.

Im fairly new to hackintoshing, here is a pic of the paused panic

post-2396558-0-00335200-1519351369_thumb.jpg

If it matters my drive is HFS+ Mac OSx Extended journaled formatted

(The installer for high sierra did this)

Should it be the new APFS? or is that a non-issue here?

I am currently using 10.13.1 off the mac app store, made bootable with transmac and a efi partition img. 

i have it fully working just cant update for some reason. 

So if i cant fix the app store update i will just keep using 10.13.1 until it may be possible for someone to know a fix.

• Like 1

That's a good option.

But if you wanna do a test, try the Olarila method, once installed you'll are already on 10.13.2, after the post-install, just update it to 10.13.3  ;)

PS: Use a separate HDD/SSD to do this

That's a good option.

But if you wanna do a test, try the Olarila method, once installed you'll are already on 10.13.2, after the post-install, just update it to 10.13.3  ;)

PS: Use a separate HDD/SSD to do this

i downloaded the 10.13.2 from that forum and was a beta, i cant find a official full release.

But i did get my 10.13.1 to update to 10.13.3 from the app store.

i had to DOWNDATE the Lilu.kext in my EFI partition for it to not kernel panic

i was on 1.2.2 i had to downdate to 1.2.1.

all working now.

• Like 1