Apple Hackintosh SMBIOS Blacklist

Trung_Nguyen

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Today, I tried to switch the SMBIOS to the MBA5,2 from MBP9,2 to try the PowerNap.

When I online, Apple Locked my iCloud password and I have to reset it.

But, the thing is that a years ago, I start Hackintosh with 10.11.5 and use the MBA5,2 SMBIOS like from the tutorial by Jake Lo from OSXLatitude.

I have to reset the password many times, almost after every minor/major update.

But when I switch to the MBP9,2 like Herve, Everything went well, Apple seem to accept it.

So, I thought maybe Apple have a list of SMBIOS model that shouldn't be fake and a list that contain fake-acceptable?

I'm not sure about it because it may caused by the Fake serial number?

Anyway, Have a good day!

• Like 2

Change all your identifiers, UUID, SystemUUID, SN, etc. These all identify you to apple, you can't suddenly change the information in that and expect that it wouldn't flag it as someone trying to modify your account. You can have separated out smbios.plist, which you can change as needed, or name as something else and load as needed to change your smbios.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 6:01 AM, Trung_Nguyen said:

Hi guys,

Today, I tried to switch the SMBIOS to the MBA5,2 from MBP9,2 to try the PowerNap.

When I online, Apple Locked my iCloud password and I have to reset it.

But, the thing is that a years ago, I start Hackintosh with 10.11.5 and use the MBA5,2 SMBIOS like from the tutorial by Jake Lo from OSXLatitude.

I have to reset the password many times, almost after every minor/major update.

But when I switch to the MBP9,2 like Herve, Everything went well, Apple seem to accept it.

So, I thought maybe Apple have a list of SMBIOS model that shouldn't be fake and a list that contain fake-acceptable?

I'm not sure about it because it may caused by the Fake serial number?

Anyway, Have a good day!

I'm having the exact same problem, have I to switch from MacBook Pro 11,2 to MacBook Pro 9,2?