6 posts in this topic

Hello,

am running sierra on a optiplex 780 with a pny gt 710. I followed a step by step guide here. My machine boots fine and actually shows that the pny 710 is recognized I have attached a link with proof. My issue is when I am doing anything that relates to video it artifacts and slows alot. I understand that this is a cheap graphics card but from what I read online it seems like the other hackintoshes dont have this issue with this card. I am wondering if you have had any similar problems or solutions to this. I  also have attached my config file. I asked around on reddit and they said this could be related to the qe/ci. I am pretty new at this so I don't know how to enable this. I have installed the web drivers for 10.12.6 and that hasnt changed anything. 

Advertisement

You can't test with Lilu and the plugin for Nvidia. This card runs natively without any fixes (drivers). 

Don't inject Nvidia. You can't test with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 as a boot arg too.

You can't test with Lilu and the plugin for Nvidia. This card runs natively without any fixes (drivers). 

Don't inject Nvidia. You can't test with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 as a boot arg too.

Ok I will try that tonight. So I shouldnt need the web drivers either?

Ok I will try that tonight. So I shouldnt need the web drivers either?

It's not necessary. It works OOB. I have them installed but it's not necessary.

The card does work OOB, however since 10.12.5 the card doesn't work on certain SMBIOS anymore in which case you'll actually need Lilu+plugin or a patch for graphics device policy, unless you change your SMBIOS. I.E. the card works fine on everything above iMac13,1, but not below.

It's not necessary. It works OOB. I have them installed but it's not necessary.

on my lunch break I unchecked inject nvdia and copied to new config into the correct directory and I am still having the issue. Is there something else I am missing here? Maybe a full reinstall might fix it? I am hoping this isnt a hardware issue with the card itself. Thanks for all your help by the way! really means alot

The card does work OOB, however since 10.12.5 the card doesn't work on certain SMBIOS anymore in which case you'll actually need Lilu+plugin or a patch for graphics device policy, unless you change your SMBIOS. I.E. the card works fine on everything above iMac13,1, but not below.

I am running on 10.12.16 so that could be an issue. Excuse my ignorance but where can I find the lilu and plugin? would installing to High Sierra solve my problems?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FireAlarm347
      Hi, I just fixed my gt 620 in my hackintosh. But the main issue now, is that my cursor doesn't change when I hover over different things like the edge of the window, a link, and search box. There is also a bug in MC where the cursor is showing while I am playing. Specs: Intel Core i5 3350p, GeForce GT 620, and motherboard that came with my dell xps 8500.
    • By JohnCenaTheMemeMachine
      I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
      Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
      Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
      iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
      https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached
      EFI.zip
    • By GiorgioHeins
      Hello everybody, it’s been a long long time since my last post here on this forum, I’m having a lot of issues trying to activate my graphic card, the system recognizes the graphic card but there’s not full acceleration, clearly shows up its name as Intel graphics HD 3000 with only 4 MB of video ram.

I would like to know how I could fix this problem or a least any suggestion about it. The reason I came to this site one more time is because I have no clue how to edit or patch a DSDt.aml file, I have clover bootloader and still  (seems to be easy but not for me LOL) so I don’t want to ruin the system once again.

My configuration is
      OS macOS High Sierra 10.13
      SAMSUNG series 3 NP300E5C-A0US
      INTEL CORE i3 - 2370M 2.4 GHz
      INTEL GRAPHICS HD 3000 
      WiFi ATHEROS AR5B95
      MEMORY 6 GB DDR3

Wifi works *** Sound Works ***Ethernet Works*** 

Battery indicators and trackpad gestures are not working yet.

Thank you guys in advance, I’ll keep myself reading and searching for any kind of solution for my laptop..

See attachment

bootlog.txt
      CLOVER.zip
      DSDT.aml

• By zcmckenna
      I have been having a pretty major issue with my new Hackintosh lately. It has been displaying broken link images in safari (See image 1). It has also had certain areas of artifacting such as the storyboard in Xcode (See image 2). and finally PDFs have been showing up completely blacked out (See image 3). This has been a big issue for me and I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem and have had any luck fixing it. I have already tried display calibration and switching to integrated graphics. Thanks in advance!
      (See attached for config.plist)
      Specs:
      CPU: i5-8600k
      MB: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI
      GPU: ASUS 1070 Dual
      RAM: 16GB Ballistix (8GB x 2)
      HDD: WD Blue 1TB

config.plist