Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

My UEFI Clover Cannot Boot My Windows Installation, and I can't boot a Legacy Clover

3 posts in this topic

Hi, so this is an issue I have put off for a while by just selecting the windows drive to boot.
My Clover bootloader, UEFI, cannot load my Windows installations. Those are set to boot legacy, so I can understand that. But I cannot get legacy Clover working! When I install it to my drive and set that to boot, it just goes straight to the Windows installation. I think it has to do with the boot1 / 6 type error where it's just redirecting it to Windows, because that's all that happens.

In Summation-

UEFI Clover-can't boot Windows

Legacy Clover-forwarded to another boot drive

Something something active partition?

Happy new year and thank you for your time, I appreciate any help!

The answer is to convert your windows install to UEFI instead of booting legacy. Also depending on where and how you install the legacy clover it might not even had a chance to load because windows is either in the MBR to boot or the windows drive is selected to boot legacy before the other. Since you can have a legacy and UEFI boot option for each drive.

This should be the goods for you.