[SUCCESS] Gigabyte EP43-DS3L High Sierra on obsolete hardware

macinsane

31 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2017 at 3:06 AM, macinsane said:

Update: Now running Mojave! Thanks to mojave2core! Yeah :thumbsup_anim:  Still using C2D in 2019! ;)

Inserted a nice and cheap GT710 that is not relying on nVidias Webdrivers and runs OOB under Mojave.

Nice, seeing High Sierra running on this old but capable system! It rocks with a new ASUS GT1030 ;)

Config:

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L

Core2Quad Q9300

6 GB DDR2 RAM

Asus GT1030 2GB

Sandisk SSD 128GB

TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB

Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 PCIe (No boot)

SMBIOS: iMac14,1

Clover: 4297  4360

A good deal of DSDT editing was necessary to get this machine to boot High Sierra but finally it works flawlessly, even sleep and wake!

You NEED to have the DSDT put in place for installation because otherwise macOS doesn't recognize the SATA ports.

There are a few important BIOS settings: SATA hast to be set to AHCI and "native" and HPET has to be run "64-bit", I'd recommend to disable IDE and the serial and parallel port.

For the GT1030 nVidia Webdrivers are needed, have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have them installed.

You have to install Clover in legacy mode because this old fella does not support UEFI.

Only downside: The so often recommended Inateck USB-card isn't recognized by BIOS, so you cannot boot from it. It works perfectly within macOS though, have the ac-Wifi connected to it.

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi Macinsane

I have a board GA EP43T-S3L F7, and i am using your dsdt and config files directly.

Running 10.13.6, everything is good except one big problem, the system will be halted or reboot directly sometimes, 

My CPU is Core2 Quad 9500 with 8GB DDR3 Ram ,and Graphic card is GTX750,

I am a newbie in this and dont know what cause this problem, should i edit the dsdt for it or need other kext to put in my clover folder?

It will be so great if you can help me figure this out, thank you very much in advance for your help.

Attached files are the current files and a snapshot of my kext folder

Thank you and best regards

config.plist

DSDT.aml

20181130175014.png

Hi! First of all: You should never use a DSDT from a different board (even the bios version is important). That your board boots with it is pure luck and maybe it is in fact the root of your problems. Second: Why do you have VoodooPS2 installed? Third: There seems to be problems with your config.plist as well. <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> should be <string>0x67</string>. So as a first step, get rid of the dsdt and get the config.plist in order. Can you boot without dsdt? The problem with my board was that a dsdt was mandatory because else mac OS wouldn't recognize the SATA drives. Don't you need the webdrivers for your GTX 750 or do you have one of these rare Kepler-based cards?

44 minutes ago, macinsane said:

Hi! First of all: You should never use a DSDT from a different board (even the bios version is important). That your board boots with it is pure luck and maybe it is in fact the root of your problems. Second: Why do you have VoodooPS2 installed? Third: There seems to be problems with your config.plist as well. <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> should be <string>0x67</string>. So as a first step, get rid of the dsdt and get the config.plist in order. Can you boot without dsdt? The problem with my board was that a dsdt was mandatory because else mac OS wouldn't recognize the SATA drives. Don't you need the webdrivers for your GTX 750 or do you have one of these rare Kepler-based cards?

Hi Macinsane, thank you very much for your reply. i can boot without the DSDT file but it will reboot immediately after it enter to the desktop screen, i will change the <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> according to your suggestion and deleting the kext of voodoops2, and try it again, my main problem is that i am new to this and dont know how to get a right dsdt if i still need it, is there any guide for this? thank you very much for your time

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, macinsane said:

Update: Now running Mojave! Thanks to mojave2core! Yeah :thumbsup_anim:  Still using C2D in 2019! ;)

Inserted a nice and cheap GT710 that is not relying on nVidias Webdrivers and runs OOB under Mojave.

Nice, seeing High Sierra running on this old but capable system! It rocks with a new ASUS GT1030 ;)

Config:

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L

Core2Quad Q9300

6 GB DDR2 RAM

Asus GT1030 2GB

Sandisk SSD 128GB

TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB

A good deal of DSDT editing was necessary to get this machine to boot High Sierra but finally it works flawlessly, even sleep and wake!

You NEED to have the DSDT put in place for installation because otherwise macOS doesn't recognize the SATA ports.

There are a few important BIOS settings: SATA hast to be set to AHCI and "native" and HPET has to be run "64-bit", I'd recommend to disable IDE and the serial and parallel port.

For the GT1030 nVidia Webdrivers are needed, have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have them installed.

You have to install Clover in legacy mode because this old fella does not support UEFI.

Only downside: The so often recommended Inateck USB-card isn't recognized by BIOS, so you cannot boot from it. It works perfectly within macOS though, have the ac-Wifi connected to it.

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

On 12/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, macinsane said:

Config:

Gigabyte EP43-DS3L

Core2Quad Q9300

6 GB DDR2 RAM

Asus GT1030 2GB

Sandisk SSD 128GB

TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip