AppleALC on AMD ? (Discussion)

XLNC

21 posts in this topic

Have anyone ever tried to make AppleALC work on AMD Systems ?

Yes, on Ryzen, but the scripts won’t take they need Intel CPU. It would be nice to get figured out, voodoo works for my mobo audio and shows my hdmi for vCard as an option but there is no output.

Yes, on Ryzen, but the scripts won’t take they need Intel CPU. It would be nice to get figured out, voodoo works for my mobo audio and shows my hdmi for vCard as an option but there is no output.

i heard that it may work if we add HDEF to our DSDT manually .

also the procedure is somewhere on toleda repo .

i am also using vodooHDA kext and its working fine but still wanted to try AppleALC .

i heard that it may work if we add HDEF to our DSDT manually .

also the procedure is somewhere on toleda repo .

i am also using vodooHDA kext and its working fine but still wanted to try AppleALC .

I was going to say I had a little more progress with Toleda method from what I recall I was able to use Intel to set it up then it partially worked on my Ryzen.

I have some progress on it !

- added HDEF to DSDT 
- added layout id : 1 to DSDT 
- Placed AppleALC kext in CLOVER/kexts/Others

now i get sound icon ( before this i use to get greyed out sound icon )

tV6byLBrRqOonbl4prPKeQ.png

Now the issue is .... no sound output device 

R-G15AjiSJ6bw5n-Ui8iTQ.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So to update on this. I've added HDEF to my DSDT and it's found in the IOREG. But with AppleALC and Lilu loaded there's no sound device found. I've tried multiple layout IDs and turns out AppleHDA isn't actually loaded. I'll keep trying to work this out with help from others.

5 minutes ago, TheRacerMaster said:

AppleHDAController will not load on AMD chipset HDA controllers without patching (as demonstrated by jalavoui).

I've found his post but do I need the AppleALC, AppleHDA, IOAudioFamily.kext and VoodooHDA injected?

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 12:19 PM, XLNC said:

I have some progress on it !

- added HDEF to DSDT 
- added layout id : 1 to DSDT 
- Placed AppleALC kext in CLOVER/kexts/Others

now i get sound icon ( before this i use to get greyed out sound icon )

tV6byLBrRqOonbl4prPKeQ.png

Now the issue is .... no sound output device 

R-G15AjiSJ6bw5n-Ui8iTQ.png

HDAController start checks device and vender ids.  That needs to be patched.  There is a whole list of intel controller properties defined in a static array, that needs to be patched for AMD device ids.  No need to change ACPI device name to HDEF anymore because the probe function checks pci class code.  Lots of work to do to make this work.

3 hours ago, Shaneee said:

I was trying to get AppleALC to load using this patch from MacPeet, https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?do=findComment&comment=2609512

AppleHDAController was indeed then loaded onto HDEF and HDAU as both AMD vendor IDs.

shnsyKR.png

868070a1 is in gControllerDescriptions.  How about replacing this one de10eb0b?

3 hours ago, Shaneee said:

None that I could see no. Where's the kernel log on 10.13 though? I checked the system log.

sudo dmesg if load hda by kextload manually.

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"'

If you could set kdebug_enable =0xffffffff and build a debug kernel, that would be great

https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu/blob/master/bsd/kern/kdebug.c#L310

Edited by ydeng

7 hours ago, ydeng said:

sudo dmesg if load hda by kextload manually.

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"'

If you could set kdebug_enable =0xffffffff and build a debug kernel, that would be great

https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu/blob/master/bsd/kern/kdebug.c#L310

Debug kernel instantly reboots I'm afraid. I'll work on it when I've got some extra time.

Can't get the debug kernel to boot I'm afraid. Although I see no sound assertions for AppleHDA on boot. Only assertions is for USB audio.