Slow performance after wake from sleep (Skylake Z170)

mac-fish

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I recently kind of finished building my new Hackintosh Desktop. It has the following specs:

OS X 10.13.1

Core i5 6600K

16GB DDR4 RAM @ 2144MHz

GTX1070 8GB

ASRock Z170 Extreme4

The install went pretty smoothly, and I am booting off Clover with the following kexts being injected:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Lilu.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

as well as kernel patches for:

xcpm bootstrap (probably not necessary anymore)

xcpm reboot fix

and kext patches:

the 15 to 30 port fix for USB

pikes APIC fix for skylake

as well as SSDT for the CPU and pike's skylake USB fix (which i am not sure does anything for my system as of right now).

My only problem is, when i suspend the system and wake it back up, it behaves quite oddly:

Key presses sometimes register multiple times, and the system in general responds very slowly, as if the cpu clock wasn't set properly (which i can't verify because intel power gadget does not work after wake up somehow). I haven't found many clues about other people having this particular issue, so that's why i am asking here right now...

has anyone of you had a similar issue? i've tried disabling xcpm, tried different SSDTs for the CPU, applying other ways to fix the USB (somehow i can't get around USBInjectAll.kext yet...)

EFI.zip

IOREG.zip

Same problem here – please help !

Are you also using USBInjectAll.kext? I guess it's quite possible that it is the reason for this, since it's not meant for productive use after all.

Also i've been able to fire up Intel Power Gadget since and the speedstepping (including turbo steps) is working fine after wakeup, although the graph updates really strangely (not periodic, random intervals it seems)

Are you also using USBInjectAll.kext? I guess it's quite possible that it is the reason for this, since it's not meant for productive use after all.

Also i've been able to fire up Intel Power Gadget since and the speedstepping (including turbo steps) is working fine after wakeup, although the graph updates really strangely (not periodic, random intervals it seems)

Yes, this might be the problem – i also think, that USBInjectAll.kext is the issue. Currently, don't know how to get rid off it ...

Hi,

For my Skylake with Z170 I didn't use USBInjectAll at all.

Don't patch EHC1 -> EH01!!!

Only patch for 15 to 25 ports USB. This is enough for all my ports USB2 and USB3 work fine even after sleep/wake several times. 

My computer #1 in signature. Any other info needed?

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I have fixed this issue! Open config.plist using Clover Configurator, Acpi>DSDT Fixes> tick FixDisplay.

That's it!

My system is Sierra 10.12.6 @ Gigabyte Z370M-D3H, i7 8700K, using nVidia GTX-1080 8GB.

Edited by bory27