Newbie Help

ericinLA

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Im new to Hackintosh and Ive purchased a Lenovo Y50-70.  Im up and running but have one issue I can't get passed.  I am having trouble getting the video on this machine to go beyond - INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4600 7MB.

Ive got El Capitan running and gone through the guide online, but am stuck.  I don't understand how to edit the config.plist.  Its running great aside from the display.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Eric

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my Lenovo Y50-70.  I have the following specs -

i7 4720 2.6 

15.6 FHD screen

It has both Intel and Nvidea cards.  

Here is my issue, and no matter how many times I try I can't get it working - THE VIDEO stays at - Graphics: DISPLAY 7mb

All the sound is not working.  I followed that "guide" that everyone recommends but still no go :(  Im stuck and really ould appreciate help from anyone who has gotten passed this issue.   Ive installed all the kext files Im supposed to, I think?

I tried asking for help on that "other" site, but was banned and I really just need to get this working.  

Can anyone help?  I can help you possibly with something if you can help me :(

Please and Thank you...

Eric

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my Lenovo Y50-70.  I have the following specs -

i7 4720 2.6 

15.6 FHD screen

It has both Intel and Nvidea cards.  

Here is my issue, and no matter how many times I try I can't get it working - THE VIDEO stays at - Graphics: DISPLAY 7mb

All the sound is not working.  I followed that "guide" that everyone recommends but still no go :(  Im stuck and really ould appreciate help from anyone who has gotten passed this issue.   Ive installed all the kext files Im supposed to, I think?

I tried asking for help on that "other" site, but was banned and I really just need to get this working.  

Can anyone help?  I can help you possibly with something if you can help me :(

Please and Thank you...

Eric

Hi, welcome to insanelymac :)

What is "that guide"? Explain how did you manage to install OS X on that laptop then attach CLOVER folder.

Thank you for replying so quickly :)  I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create the USB, and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install the loader.   The guide I'm discussing is one that everyone sends me a link for on the tonymacx86 site written for the Y50-70.

Im very computer literate but must be missing something?  Ive tried a couple of the apps here to fix the audio - APPLE HDA PATCHER but Im not sure which realtek I have?  Im sure this is not a difficult problem, and probably just needs a quick tweak, but Im not having success :(  

Do you have any suggestions?  

thanks again,

Eric

Use supported methods (click on the links on your message for more infos). Create a bootable usb installer with createinstallmedia and install clover on the usb stick. UEFI mode and osxaptiofix2drv. ;)

If you need help for the configuration of your config.plist or for the kexts needed (for sure you will need FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2.kext), feel free to ask. :)