Jump to content

AMD Ryzen High Sierra Install Guide.


67 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 1:55 AM, nvflash said:

Hmmm.......

 

26251468219_c72f01a857_b.jpg

 

37996674692_15e2605cd4_b.jpg

 

As it seems, GenericUSBXHCI breaks Bluetooth support, so you must replace a few things from Yosemite, then if you want USB to show up in ASP, you need to copy SPUSBReporter.spreporter to /System/Library/SystemProfiler/.

 

Backup IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext, and remove them from /S/L/E, then put the one's I provide in your Clover Extensions folder.

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9sU4v5iZl0pUDFUSElteW42SkU

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've given this a go and it did give me Bluetooth, however I'm having trouble connecting to HID devices. My trackpad etc struggle to connect. Speakers etc are fine. 

  • 2 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 4:15 AM, rhyker2u said:

 

Just ran into this topic through Google, as I'm hearing a lot of mixed responses if HS ryzentosh supports M.2 or not. And currently looking into purchasing a similar setup. Is this walkthrough accurate https://hackintosher.com/blog/get-nvme-m-2-ssds-show-high-sierra-hackintosh-install/ and applicable?

 

Sorry for such a late response.

My 970 EVO works on X470 with Ryzen 7 2700X.

M.2 970 EVO HS 13.3 Ryzen.png

  • Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Hi, all! Try to install HS on notebook Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42(Ryzen 5 2500U + Radeon RX 560X).

 

Installer boots ok but HDD not detected.

 

Controller device ID is 0x79021022. Guys, any ideas how to make AMD AHCI compatible with High Sierra?

  • Thanks 1
On 1/16/2019 at 6:26 AM, xzShift said:

Hi, all! Try to install HS on notebook Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42(Ryzen 5 2500U + Radeon RX 560X).

 

Installer boots ok but HDD not detected.

 

Controller device ID is 0x79021022. Guys, any ideas how to make AMD AHCI compatible with High Sierra?

 

HS is probably installed in apfs the new file system.   You will need to place apfsEFI or better yet apfsautoloader in the Clover/Drivers64efi folder.   

2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

HS is probably installed in apfs the new file system.   You will need to place apfsEFI or better yet apfsautoloader in the Clover/Drivers64efi folder.   

 

No! System installer boot's ok but HDD not detected because AHCI controller vendoe is AMD. It's not APFS extension problem.

5 hours ago, xzShift said:

 

No! System installer boot's ok but HDD not detected because AHCI controller vendoe is AMD. It's not APFS extension problem.

 

So you have the apfs file in your clover USB?   Yes or no?

 

18 hours ago, xzShift said:

 

No! System installer boot's ok but HDD not detected because AHCI controller vendoe is AMD. It's not APFS extension problem.

 

So you have the apfs file in your clover USB?   Yes or no?

 

You could try spoofing the ID in clover PCI settings.   My Sata Controllet ID is 0x7901 1022.

 

 

C1572EBC-1CD9-4E48-A3FC-9ADC854176C7.jpeg

Thank you,Gigamaxx!

 

What I need to type here? I have APFS on my USB ...

 

>>  My Sata Controllet ID is 0x7901 1022.

 

Is it works fine?

 

Edited by xzShift
add
21 hours ago, xzShift said:

Thank you,Gigamaxx!

 

What I need to type here? I have APFS on my USB ...

 

>>  My Sata Controllet ID is 0x7901 1022.

 

Is it works fine?

 

 

Mine is the same 7901 and it works fine.   Is it a NVME drive?   If so those are tricky or hard to configure.   The easiest way is to install to a SSD 2.5” and then carbon copy clone to your NVME.   

No. It's not NVME. It's supports only M.2 SATA. I am sorry. My device id is 7901 insteand of 7902. Wrong type. What did you do to get working AHCI controller? I have two slots with installed HDD and empty slot with M.2 SSD on hardware.

 

So. Try to add NVME generic kext - not work.

 

Can you attach your clover folder please?

Edited by xzShift
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys, is there any tutorial on how to install High Sierra with AMD FX cpu? I really would like to install on my 2nd machine in signature...can u help me please?

Edited by Kaya80
  • 3 months later...
×
×
  • Create New...