MSI X299 SLI Plus and Intel 7820X: installation and post installation steps

slurpi

205 posts in this topic

Thanks, I reinstalled everything and now I am able to use Mac OS 10.13.2 (17C88) with my GTX 1080ti.

I am still using my MOBO driver 15 while there has been an update to 17.

Everything seems to work except when I use Final Cut Pro. After 1 or 2 minutes the pc reboots. I am still not sure if this only happens in Final Cut Pro or other heavy load programs but I would like to fix this.

Should I update (can this fix the problem) or is it better to stay in this version (Mac OS and Mobo).

Can I check why the computer restarts?

I only installed an audio driver and Nvidia driver and both seem to work

Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you, so far so good! I updated motherboard and High Sierra and Final Cut pro seems to work. I am now rendering a 4K movie 50 minutes and I didn't get any shutdown or restart.

When I need to I will try to set the score to a fixed value. I also need to fix the ram. It is still displaying 2133mhz while I set it to 2800 in bios.

Thanks for all your help! 

@slurpi
Yes you have
If you want try this for nvidia driver in a not working condition
Try to force on clover boot menu nvda_drv=1 and if it is not working try also to put sip csrconfigactive to 0x03
All of these with imacpro smbios
Also with imacpro smbios and iMac Pro osx edition you do not need of any policy patching and you can remove nvidia fix graphics kext if you have,also this is very good news with new osx edition and imacpro smbios

@Fabiosun, 

Would you say it's now a better position to use the iMacPro SMBIOS and for X299 should be recommended? It seems that it's working almost natively indeed. USB3 was the only issue I've seen coming from some posts with users complaining of unrecognized or slow speeds for some. 

For some reason I can't patch to 10.13.2 Supplemental either. The install never completes in either MAS / Terminal or Combo update. It seems to be happening for a lot of users on both 'real' and 'hack' settings. 

Just wondering if you had any input on this or had encountered any similar issues. 

Thanks 

I do not own myself a X299 system because I am not ready to deal with big temperatures and because my system is a very good system with zero problems) but I can say it is better to use Imacpro 1.1 smsbios togheter this OSX release 17C2205 because system is more "vanilla" also in my x99 rig

Also for Nvidia Graphics cards no need of policy patching or nvidiagraphicsfix kext or other  I need before with MacPro 6.1 smbios (a problem less)

Many times little differences in osx or in hardware  produce great failures

Explain better which problem you have with updating

In my case it is working well creating with some curl terminal command Install MacOS High Sierra app and create from this a working usb pen I did it in different way, but always starting from an ImacPro 1.1 Smbios in config.plist

USB is another problem, I see many tries not properly done in that field..

Real method to have a correct mapping usb for owned system is rehab man method, injectall.kext and relative mapping of all ports with an USB2 and usb 3 device for each port..

Fabiosun,

Thanks for the reply and excellent info. I think I'll update from my current SMBIOS (iMac 18,3) to iMacPro1,1 when the next installment of High Sierra is released. 

Currently, my issue is not being able to update from 10.13.2 > 10.13.2 (supplemental update). No matter which method I use (Mac App Store, Combo Updater, Terminal) my computer restarts after downloading, begins to apply the patch and I see 10% of the updating bar filled to which it subsequently reboots back into Mac Os. Once it has rebooted there is no sign of the updates in App Store. Upon restarting a next time the update reappears in the Mac App store again and so goes the endless loop. 

I've tried many different methods to patch to 10.13.2(supplemental) and so far nothing works. I've seen on other forums that users of High Sierra on Macbook / Macbook Pros have had the same issue. I get the feeling High Sierra is a very buggy release of Os X especially with the amount of issues 'real' mac users are having. 

I'm hoping to wait it out until 10.13.3 is released and update then but it's a large security hole at the moment and it seems impossible to patch. 

Your disk is named boot disk?

if so yes

mine is macOS and it says after first reboot

Boot into Mac os X install to macOS

Thanks again.

I'll try it soon and get back to you. 

I have these settings you can see in picture

In this case when I do an OSX upgrade it select by default macOS install OSdata...

when update is complete it starts with regular update volume

Does anybody know if theres an automatic approach to boot into update partition? i was surprised that recent clover chooses install partition during OS X installation. Maybe this was a coincidence. 

post-468967-0-92987500-1516640479_thumb.png

So I patched the Kernel using the details from Matthew and attempted to update first from App Store. Interestingly it tells me 'there are no updates available'. However, if I try from terminal I get the patch and it downloads and asks me to restart immediately, which I do. 

Upon entering clover I'm given three choices. Install Mac os X from Prebooter  / Install Mac Os X from Install High Sierra / Boot from Mac Os X High Sierra. 

I didn't try the first because it doesn't sound right, the second takes me into an installer for what I can only presume is High Sierra once more and the third boots me up as per normal. 

On a minor tangent: I booted up my Hack today after properly shutting down to find my Bios had reset itself to F4 (I was on F8a) apparently overnight on it's own. Very strange indeed considering all was working fine before. 

I'll persevere some more with this supplemental update and thanks for the suggestions. 

right choice is second one

after some minute of installation it should reboot and you will se only normal rebooter and last your option (previously third one)

So I patched the Kernel using the details from Matthew and attempted to update first from App Store. Interestingly it tells me 'there are no updates available'. However, if I try from terminal I get the patch and it downloads and asks me to restart immediately, which I do. 

Upon entering clover I'm given three choices. Install Mac os X from Prebooter  / Install Mac Os X from Install High Sierra / Boot from Mac Os X High Sierra. 

I didn't try the first because it doesn't sound right, the second takes me into an installer for what I can only presume is High Sierra once more and the third boots me up as per normal. 

On a minor tangent: I booted up my Hack today after properly shutting down to find my Bios had reset itself to F4 (I was on F8a) apparently overnight on it's own. Very strange indeed considering all was working fine before. 

I'll persevere some more with this supplemental update and thanks for the suggestions. 

you have till you don't finish installation

if you see in your hd root you will find a folder with that name

And when you finish in a correct way this update folder will be deleted

Fabiosun,

Thanks for reply and I will try that now. I have that option available always at the moment. is it likely to go away once I finally install this update? I thought it was some sort of recovery type install but I will try now. 

well

you are a step on

to solve this you can try this

from clover boot menu (with version are you using of it?)

press F11 and if it do not reboot press R

this clear NVRAM

then go in clover/option/graphics and deselect Nvidiaweb flag

and then start always from macosinstall icon

you have to use a newer clover if you have 4380 is a good option