Dell Latitude E6430 full solution

Slice

96 posts in this topic

FYI: if i delete all files in "ACPI/patched" but SSDT-SB-i5 -> Sleep works wonderful :D
...but sadly USB and macOS BrightnessControll don't.

So the problem is inside the DSDT...but i dont get it how to patch anything accordingly?

I disassembled my DSDT with the tool from RehabMan and loaded it into maciASL and fix the errors to compile.
But how do i know which fixes i have to include? 

+ i only see HP fixes or are they generic?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

make a clover usb installer then overwrite your installers efi folder with slices.

then after install install clover to the HDD/SSD and again transfer slices EFi files. then tune the config.plist for your needs. theme and language and screen resolution. also you need to know what wifi your machine has. if it is intel based then it is not supported by osx and will need replacement.

E6420 is a different machine. this is for E6430 the graphics and other hardware are not the same.

Still worked fine for me. i now have sierra, just cant get past the login screen as the system hangs with nvidia drivers enabled. (P.S i tried with lilu and Graphicsfix kexts but to no avail. 

@Slice, can you tell me, what fixes you included in your DSDT?

Thanks in advance...

There are no "fixes in my DSDT" in the sense of MaciASL because I never used it.

I edit DSDT manually step by step as I am programmer and I can test result after every step.

There is final DSDT which you can compare with clean one.

• 2 months later...

My guide was good for ElCapitan where Nvidia 5200M works fine.

But now I decided to install HighSierra and I found that Nvidia family Fermi will not work in the OS anyway.

So I switched Optimus ON in my BIOS so I have Intel HD4000 as main graphics and switched off Nvidia by ACPI methods.

Here it is.

ACPI_for HSierra.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know should wait till order comes but isnt that dw1550 always a/b/g/n/ac or do the sellers mistakenly charge less and list them as without the /ac? More so is that card the right size and will the bios need modified to accept it? Some are listed as azurewave 94352hmb but are all dw1550s those specs?

Edited by chummdoggin

2 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

That was all you needed changed for HSierra? the other things still worked ok?

Yes, other things work.

Снимок экрана 2018-05-21 в 20.40.54.png

dont think my machine has nvidia but maybe could use older driver for fermi if it made any sense to. Looks like it ran pretty hot anyway, dont know the state of that system if it went through much intensive at the time the shot was posted from sensors.

Edited by chummdoggin

Initially installed el cap but attempted to update to Hsierra and had problems since it changed to apfs. I used the efi folder from post 1 the first time and a lot didn't work like sound and sleep, which was why I updated to hsierra. Once that apfs was fixed back to good old hfs, everything works except sleep. The differing processor and no Nvidia? 

This e6430 has i5 3210 are there any suggestions how to proceed to get sleep and HDMI audio to work?

To keep the work you already did, perhaps use some of the ssdts from your efi but extact some from this?

Necessary to use piker alpha power management ssdt?

And try as suggested to compare a clean dsdt to yours?

I tested another dsdt for e6430 from pokenguyen with instances of sleep happened by closing lid which did not work with usb in certain slots like the usb3 while experimenting in El Capitan.

Maybe you feel like and have the time to look @ the clean files and the ioreg?

Thanks again for all the work put in to these projects.

In the end used pokenguyen dsdt and everything works but bluetooth only wakes once or twice on battery power. Maybe changed after updated your smc stuff. not checked that. I had booted without battery then battery in menu bar would not come back.

Pretty great for cheap price of machine I think.

NEW EDIT: Machine now works completely. Used pokenguyen dsdt and added RMs _Pwr dsdt

edits. The appleALC kext made everything audio work and the hdmi audio. The wifi dw1550s bluetooth was somehow showing on two usb ports and would crash on wake only if on battery power. chopping out one of them in dsdt (rpt15) solved it. I used all of RMs kexts for broadcom and bluetooth got his acpibattery and also for fakesmc w/sensors. I used intelgraphicsfixup for the logo at boot. ran processor tests and got comparable scores and ran intelinfo kext and looks like the PM is good.

EDIT: No, chopping out that dsdt part didnt keep working. Realized camera disappears too on wake whether on battery or ac power. Only the bluetooth wakes every time on ac and does even with it showing up on 2 different ports at the same time.

Edited by chummdoggin
update

• 4 months later...

I am having a weird problem with my Dell Latitude E6430 with Intel Core i5 and no NVIDIA Optimus setting in BIOS. Every time I boot it up, it takes like 10 minutes because it takes forever at the kextd stall with AppleACPIPlatformMaster or something like that, and I don't know how to fix it. I also got wifi working with my USB wifi adapter. I am running Mojave with nothing unchanged from the clover folder except for the apfs.efi file in the Drivers64UEFI. My clover folder is attached to my post.

CLOVER.zip

47 minutes ago, FireAlarm347 said:

I am having a weird problem with my Dell Latitude E6430 with Intel Core i5 and no NVIDIA Optimus setting in BIOS. Every time I boot it up, it takes like 10 minutes because it takes forever at the kextd stall with AppleACPIPlatformMaster or something like that, and I don't know how to fix it. I also got wifi working with my USB wifi adapter. I am running Mojave with nothing unchanged from the clover folder except for the apfs.efi file in the Drivers64UEFI. My clover folder is attached to my post.

CLOVER.zip

For HighSierra and up you have to Enable Optimus in BIOS else you can't boot.

22 hours ago, Slice said:

For HighSierra and up you have to Enable Optimus in BIOS else you can't boot.

I have no Optimus under video settings in BIOS. According to Dell, not all E6430s come with it. Is there a way around it, maybe a new clover folder?

Edited by FireAlarm347

If you have no Nvidia inside then you have no settings for Optimus then you should not bother about it.

My DSDT is probably different from your so you should patch your DSDT by yourself using ideas from my DSDT.

Kexts will be the same as well and clover config.

• 1 month later...

I have dell latitude e6430 with core i5-3320M 4GB Ram intel hd 4000 , nvs5200m i have tried your efi and successfully booted mac os but only with 5mb vram intel hd 4000 i have tried to downgrade my bios from a22 to a03 and upgrade to a12 with no success it still have artifacts , 5mb vram intel hd 4000 with optimus enabled i have tried to disable optimus boot into mac os after i have tried that i found that in about mac shows nvs5200m with 1023mb vram but no brightness control with artifacts and no transparency in dock. i have tried to install nvidia web driver it successfully installed but artifacts increase background not appear with pixels in the top left corner of screen how i can fix it ? I want vram of intel hd 4000 be at least 1024mb and fix nvidia artifacts with black windows

21 hours ago, Momen1/2001 said:

I have dell latitude e6430 with core i5-3320M 4GB Ram intel hd 4000 , nvs5200m i have tried your efi and successfully booted mac os but only with 5mb vram intel hd 4000 i have tried to downgrade my bios from a22 to a03 and upgrade to a12 with no success it still have artifacts , 5mb vram intel hd 4000 with optimus enabled i have tried to disable optimus boot into mac os after i have tried that i found that in about mac shows nvs5200m with 1023mb vram but no brightness control with artifacts and no transparency in dock. i have tried to install nvidia web driver it successfully installed but artifacts increase background not appear with pixels in the top left corner of screen how i can fix it ? I want vram of intel hd 4000 be at least 1024mb and fix nvidia artifacts with black windows

What system did you install?

1. 10.11.6 - you can use Nvidia with system drivers or with web drivers. I found no difference.

2. 10.13.6 - you have to switch Optimus ON in BIOS. Bios must be A12. Use my settings to see Intel graphics.

Снимок экрана 2018-12-06 в 11.00.50.png