Dell Latitude E6430 full solution

Slice

96 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

How did you fix instant wake on ac? Running a e5430.

Wonder if you can tell anything why one of these DSDTs Blocks the XHCI

DSDT.zip

DSDT.dsl.zip

CLOVER 2.zip

Yes, I know why.

OperationRegion (DXHC, SystemMemory, 0xFED1F418, 0x04)
            Field (DXHC, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                    ,   27, 
                XHCD,   1
            }

If (LAnd (LLess (OSYS, 0x07D6), LGreater (OSYS, 0x03E8)))
            {
                Store (One, XHCD)
                Notify (\_SB.PCI0.XHC, Zero)
            }

The address 0xFED1F418 is FunctionDisable register. Set 1 to disable a device.

In this case you see that it depends on OSYS i.e. OS version.

For OSYS < 0x7D6 the XHCI will be disabled. For example for WindowsXP.

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP1"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP2"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D2, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001.1"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D3, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2009"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }
            }

Default value is 0x7D0 which will be used for macOS if you do not some fixes.

Clover provides the FixDarwin7 which makes OSYS = 0x7D9 and XHCI will work.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

Do your properties in your config.plist in devices help with instant wake on AC power or what?

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 2.17.12 PM.png

Tried it, no that was not it.

Our ADP1 properties look the same but this in LID0.  But no that should not effect the wake on AC I don't think.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 2.52.18 PM.png

Edited by chummdoggin

17 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

Yes makes sense, Thank you perfect.

Had something added on mine:             If (LEqual (PWRS, Zero))

Absent on mine:         If (And (AOAC, One)) {}

PWRS is the key.

16 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

Pmset settings not what I set. Maybe they go to default if there is a change in DSDT?

Don't think so. pmset is not depending on DSDT.

• 2 months later...

I've been fortunate to be able to correct ACPI deficiencies in my Latitude E6410 (Nvidia Graphics) DSDT by copying the missing ACPI elements from a Latitude E6430 DSDT.  The Latitude E6410 has brightness keys (Fn-Up-Arrow and Fn-Down-Arrow) that work perfectly, but I'm curious about why the macOS brightness slider doesn't work in in System Preferences > Displays.  

Did the brightness slider work on the Latitude E6430 (when Nvidia was enabled) before Slice's clever brightness key "fix" in #72?

Edited by tonyx86

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slice,

can you help me with something not work on my Dell E6430 ?

configuration is i5 3230m , intel hd 4000 + nvs 5200m.

Install Sierra and thanks for your work but I have Monitor Preference Panel don't work and audio control on laptop don't work.

For video I can see only Intel HD 4000 in system information (optimus=enabled in bios)

Hope you can help me with this info.

My EFI folder in attached file

THANKS!!!

EFI.zip

Edited by lucahappys

• 2 months later...

Slice, 

Thanks for this release.  I have an Dell e6430 with a 1600x900 screen,  i7-3540 with Dell 830 BT and Dell 1510 for WIFI with the latest a23 bios.  I was able to go around issues of black screen at boot,  sleep and wake issues by editing your DSDT and config.plist.  I am currently using it with 10.15.4 Catalina using the work around/hack for older Macs.  I also used Whatevergreen/Lilu/AppleALC combo for the IGPU/Audio and ACPIbattery for the battery.  Pretty sure this will also work for High Sierra (but never tried it).  I also used ssdtPRGen to create P and C states for my CPU.  Attached is my EFI.  If anyone would like to try it on a different specs of e6430.  I suggest you generate your own P+C states for CPU by using ssdtPRGen (initially boot with C and P states checked on clover) and if you have an 1366x768 screen,  you need to change the ig-platform as slice's config.   Attached is my EFI

EFIe6430.7z

I also noticed that at restart, the NVS 5200 disappears in the bios (which is not a bad thing for hackintosh).  Not sure if HDMI works because I never tried it.

Edited by clemsyn

Good for you.

About HDMI I may say that it is not working even in Windows if Optimus is enabled. So it is connected to Nvidia and we have no chance with it.

Don't use ssdtPRGen, it is wrong.

Don't use WhateverGreen. IntelHD4000 works fine without it. Just redundant.

Don't use USBPort.kext. All USB ports work fine here.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Slice said:

Good for you.

About HDMI I may say that it is not working even in Windows if Optimus is enabled. So it is connected to Nvidia and we have no chance with it.

Don't use ssdtPRGen, it is wrong.

Don't use WhateverGreen. IntelHD4000 works fine without it. Just redundant.

Don't use USBPort.kext. All USB ports work fine here.

Thanks,  unfortunately I had a hang 2 days after releasing this and was related to VoodooPS2 so I replaced it and I am going for almost a week without a hang.  So far with ssdtPRGen its been very stable but I will try without it.  Regarding USB ports,  it seems like we might have different id's for this type of laptop because they are not the same as in windows.  The Whatevergreen was used because I am planning to move to OpenCore soon.  Attached is the second version with the updated VoodooPS2.

EFIe6430ver2.7z

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:23 AM, clemsyn said:

Thanks,  unfortunately I had a hang 2 days after releasing this and was related to VoodooPS2 so I replaced it and I am going for almost a week without a hang.  So far with ssdtPRGen its been very stable but I will try without it.  Regarding USB ports,  it seems like we might have different id's for this type of laptop because they are not the same as in windows.  The Whatevergreen was used because I am planning to move to OpenCore soon.  Attached is the second version with the updated VoodooPS2.

EFIe6430ver2.7z

Hi I tried your EFI and everything works like 98% because I know the HDMI does not work because of the NViDia Card and the VGA only works if I connect it before the computer starts and press fn+F8 so it can start with VGA working,

so have you update your EFI? because I would like so. if so? please let me know if possible. 

thank you!

Sorry for my bad english, my native language is spanish

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, Joel Mercedes said:

Hi I tried your EFI and everything works like 98% because I know the HDMI does not work because of the NViDia Card and the VGA only works if I connect it before the computer starts and press fn+F8 so it can start with VGA working,

so have you update your EFI? because I would like so. if so? please let me know if possible. 

thank you!

No problem.  I tried to Opencore once and I could not get it to boot (hangs on black screen).  I see they have made more updates since so I might try again.  So far my second version is working good.  Once I get OpenCore working,  I will update it.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, Joel Mercedes said:

thank you!

I got OpenCore 0.59 to boot but I am having some weird issues.  If I use the default BIOS as recommended,  it boots but EHC1(USB) does not and it has no audio.  Sleep is also a mess but it  allows me to boot to Windows.  When I use the DSDT.aml from my Clover folder.  It boots but it sleeps after booting.  When I turn it on by pressing the power button,  it works with everything except for LID waking it up from sleep.  It sleeps when the LID is close but when you open the LID it stays asleep (you have to turn the power button to turn it on) otherwise everything is good.  Unfortunately,  using the DSDT prevents my setup to boot to Windows.  IMO,  clover is currently the best option for our laptop but OpenCore works.

Update:  I got the boot/sleep issues fixed.  Just the wake on opening LID (but power button works).  The main issue is I can't boot to my windows partition otherwise everything is good with OpenCore.

Edited by clemsyn

I am unable to boot to Windows via Opencore.  Fortunately we can set our BIOS to boot windows directly by pressing F12.  I got Opencore fully functional on our e6430 with everything working.  I updated to the latest BIOS (A24) and I suggest that BIOS since Opencore seems closely attached to the BIOS.  Again,  please see my specs above before you use this for your laptop (I have an i7 with NVS 5200,  1600x900 screen).  You might need to edit config.plist if our specs are not the same.  Attached is my EFI folder for Opencore.

EFIOpencore.7z

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...