InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
iRipper

APFS.efi without verbose boot

Advertisement

Is there an APFS.efi driver without the verbose boot when injecting? I know it's not a big deal, but I would like a "clean" boot, without text popping up  :rolleyes:

the only way is using CsmVideoDxe-64

Be careful with this driver, used with precaution

For UEFI Only

try this

based on 4236

moded blocking log before theme loaded.

This patched Clover really works!!  Now all the extra logs before system loading are totally gone.  Thanks a million!

I was wondering if you could let me know how you modified it?

Thanks again in advance.

This patched Clover really works!!  Now all the extra logs before system loading are totally gone.  Thanks a million!

I was wondering if you could let me know how you modified it?

Thanks again in advance.

inside /Users/limyohan/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c

there is code block "EFI SIMPLE TEXT OUTPUT"

ConOutOutputString = gST->ConOut->OutputString;
      gST->ConOut->OutputString = NullConOutOutputString;

it block log when user select windows boot entry 

I copied it to before screen initialize

and set Variable for it and enabled log before theme loaded.

here is the file, you can serch where I moded. with keyword "APFS.efi_logblock_log"

main.c.zip

@isaII

Same here as well. Tried the attached file with installed version of Clover 4233. Any ideas?

waiting for a new version of clover, I guess... LOOL

hum.. I have no idea

I build it just for me and for temporary use..

so I just test it my desktop only so I do not know why it dose not work for you...

attached file is complied with little change

add refresh screen several times and do not enabled "simple_text_output"

it also work for me but I do not sure in your system..

ps/

do you use CSM?

maybe UEFI only mode can help you... maybe

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

log-free apfs.efi for 10.13.1 beta 1. Not sure if it will work for 10.13/10.13 supplementary update

apfs.efi.zip

Otherwise: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-269?do=findComment&comment=2498575

log-free apfs.efi for 10.13.1 beta 1. Not sure if it will work for 10.13/10.13 supplementary update

attachicon.gifapfs.efi.zip

Otherwise: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-269?do=findComment&comment=2498575

thanks for inform..

but :( it not work for me perfect

almost logs are disappeared but single line stil exist...

can you explane how can find opcode print log?

i also try to find that in apfs.efi but ida pro 6.5 can not Analyze it at all....

attachicon.gifapfs.efi.zip

Didn't work for me too, I don't know why, but gave me kernel panic, the first until my last re-install... this logs are only irritating not problematic, says i... lol

I have tried with CSMVideoDxe and didn't work either...

Thanks anyway to all of you for your help...

Its me again and I still have those irritating logs... as anyone figured a fix to this?

To suppress verbose output apfs.efi - just use a hex editor an do a find/replace with:

Find: 00554889E54883EC4048

Replace: 00C34889E54883EC4048

Where from the patch ?

apfs.efi

value is there!

trying now

adieu! :-))

Where from the patch ?

it works partially from me

many lines deleted from patch I think only 5 are visible now

To suppress verbose output apfs.efi - just use a hex editor an do a find/replace with:

Find: 00554889E54883EC4048
Replace: 00C34889E54883EC4048

apfs.efi

value is there!

trying now

adieu! :-))

it works partially from me

many lines deleted from patch I think only 5 are visible now

Yea same here not completely ride of verbose texte but good patch anyway

Thanks

patch wasn't discovered by me - i just had it handy, so i posted it instead of searching original link.

Found this patch here somewhere in the first HighSierra discussion topic.

and it was faster for me to re-post than discover the original link here  ;-)

sorry folks, but the credit isn't on me.