Alienware 15 R3 on OS X 10.12.6

rongu

154 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, msanvarov said:

Hey guys, I'm just getting into the Hackintosh life and wanted to know if @Alex.C would be kind enough to give me his Mojave configs for the Alienware R3 15 for learning.

Current Specs:

Processor: 7700HQ

Graphics: 1070

Display: G-Sync

HDD: I plan to use an external SSD that has a terabyte of storage space. I read that it is possible to do so. If you can please provide more information on this.

RAM 16 GB (stock)

I tried a couple of the configs that were posted here previously but I keep getting stuck on the Apple Logo screen even before the installation screen. 

Again thanks for the help.

For G-sync model, the display panel is hardwired to nvidia gpu and there is no nvidia driver in Mojave yet, so it unlikely to work. Stick to 10.13

On 6/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, msanvarov said:

Hey guys, I'm just getting into the Hackintosh life and wanted to know if @Alex.C would be kind enough to give me his Mojave configs for the Alienware R3 15 for learning.

Current Specs:

HDD: I plan to use an external SSD that has a terabyte of storage space. I read that it is possible to do so. If you can please provide more information on this.

RAM 16 GB (stock)

I tried a couple of the configs that were posted here previously but I keep getting stuck on the Apple Logo screen even before the installation screen. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Alex.C said:

For G-sync model, the display panel is hardwired to nvidia gpu and there is no nvidia driver in Mojave yet, so it unlikely to work. Stick to 10.13

you can use my configs and guide for AW 15r3 & r4 its working perfectly fine on gsyc, and as Alex mentioned stick to HS, Mojave doesn't have GPU acceleration supported.

Link for my builds, clover and guide:

https://github.com/rajverma1985/Alienware-15R4-High-Sierra

Let me know in case you have any other questions.

• 4 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, msanvarov said:

Current Specs:

RAM 16 GB (stock)

First of all DO NOT go for Mojave as it doesn't have supported nvidia drivers and the GPU acceleration will not work on Mojave. install High sierra. The guide and clovers are in my git rep:

https://github.com/rajverma1985/Alienware-15R4-High-Sierra

Hope this helps, feel free to ask away if you have any questions.