Gogeta5026

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 on macOS

12 posts in this topic

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Just recently bought a:

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074HCCWW9/

Kinda new to the whole AMD graphics card on Hackintosh thing. Always used the nvidia cards and know how to do it that way.

Does anybody know what I'm suppose to do in order for the mac to recognize the card the right way?

Currently what is happening is mac OS is booting with my new AMD card but the graphics in the system profile is only showing Display 7MB and the resolution is at 1600x1200. The nvidia card I used to have was working fine with my 4K monitor and giving me 4K resolution when I booted the OS.

What am I suppose to do? Is there something specific in Clover I need to do? FakeID or kext? Currently I am not using any boot flags of any sort, never had to with the nvidia card.

I know people have said they been able to boot the Vega 64 cards OOB with no issues. Not having that type of luck.

I attached the current clover config file I'm using, if that helps.

config.plist.zip

Advertisement

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Just recently bought a:

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074HCCWW9/

Kinda new to the whole AMD graphics card on Hackintosh thing. Always used the nvidia cards and know how to do it that way.

Does anybody know what I'm suppose to do in order for the mac to recognize the card the right way?

Currently what is happening is mac OS is booting with my new AMD card but the graphics in the system profile is only showing Display 7MB and the resolution is at 1600x1200. The nvidia card I used to have was working fine with my 4K monitor and giving me 4K resolution when I booted the OS.

What am I suppose to do? Is there something specific in Clover I need to do? FakeID or kext? Currently I am not using any boot flags of any sort, never had to with the nvidia card.

I know people have said they been able to boot the Vega 64 cards OOB with no issues. Not having that type of luck.

I attached the current clover config file I'm using, if that helps.

You need to use Mac OS High Sierra beta.   If you have an Apple account you can google "Apple High Sierra Beta Program".     you have to sign up and get the download and install.     Search the High Sierra threads for help installing it and update to the latest clover.

When trying to boot into High Sierra like I used to... I get a pixelated screen like shown in the attachment. I can't even see my desktop. It freezes at that point.

I have a MacBook Pro. Should I attempt to clone my MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh drive and boot that way and then see if my new Vega 64 works? Or is there a simpler method, something to do with Clover, FakeID or kext that could fix all of this?

post-1411155-0-77147000-1505187092_thumb.jpg

When trying to boot into High Sierra like I used to... I get a pixelated screen like shown in the attachment. I can't even see my desktop. It freezes at that point.

I have a MacBook Pro. Should I attempt to clone my MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh drive and boot that way and then see if my new Vega 64 works? Or is there a simpler method, something to do with Clover, FakeID or kext that could fix all of this?

Yes you can clone it its quicker, Carbon Copy Cloner works great for that.    All you need to do is add clover afterwards and edit or add your config.plist.

Yes you can clone it its quicker, Carbon Copy Cloner works great for that.    All you need to do is add clover afterwards and edit or add your config.plist.

I set the computer at home to start cloning my MacBook Pro to a partition on my HDD before I left for work this morning. We'll see when I get home in 9-10 hours if that will work. The only other thing I can think of at this point in time would be to do a FRESH install and start from there.

If you or anybody else knows of any other way... I'm open to ideas! If I just need to change something in Clover like a FAKEID, something ticked off or bootflag that would be even better.

Did you ever get this to work?

The only way I was ever able to get this work was disabling the CSM option in BIOS and removed the csmvideodxe-64.efi in Clover. Bottom line... The csmvideodxe-64.efi was the main problem. 

The only way I was ever able to get this work was disabling the CSM option in BIOS and removed the csmvideodxe-64.efi in Clover. Bottom line... The csmvideodxe-64.efi was the main problem. 

Can you please post your final EFI? Please please please, I beg you.

One last thing, you are still using your RX Vega 64 right? You did not buy a new RX Vega Frontier Edition GPU? I saw ON THE OTHER SITE.

I'm using RX Vega Frontier Edition right now. The attached config is what I used to get mine working before I switched.

config.plist.zip

I'm using RX Vega Frontier Edition right now. The attached config is what I used to get mine working before I switched.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

You are a life saver.  I am going to go home now and test this. I ended up listing this card n ebay to get a Frontier Ed. But Now I am hopeful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By firstmiro
      Hi,

I need help with fixing Thunderbolt on High Sierra and GA-Z170X-UD5 TH mobo.

Anyone who is willing to invest some time, and share his knowledge (DSDT/SSDT) with me?
      Can be commercial help ;-)

Setup:
      GA-Z170X-UD5 TH i7-7700K Radeon RX 580, 8GB
      Crucial MX500 SSD 32GB RAM Broadcom BCM43xx (AirPort Extreme) WiFi + Bluetooth
      Clover
      Windows 10 dual boot (separate disk)

System is up and running. Sleep, shutdown, power management - fully working.

Whatever I will do - no way to keep Thunderbolt on. But - it is on the system. Sometimes it works (randomly after restart).

As mentioned above - any help (commercial also) fully appreciated.

Best,
      fm

• By fusion71au
      AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 from High Sierra PB1_17A291m.

Info.plist has been edited so Bundle version is 999.1.1 ---> give higher priority loading in kernel cache/pre-linked kernel than v329 from later betas/GM. Need to disable SIP (since editing info.plist invalidates Apple's kext signature).

Install in /Library/Extensions (so doesn't get over-written during updates) repair permissions, rebuild caches eg
      sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /   Test kext is loadable...
      sudo kextutil -tn /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext   Confirm kext is loaded after rebooting the system...
      kextstat | grep AHCIPort   To use with a USB installer, the kext needs to be included in the prelinkedkernel. Use PLK.tool attached to post#13 to create a new prelinkedkernel with AppleAHCIPort.kext v328, then replace original prelinkedkernel in the installer - post#16.
    • By moman2000
      Hi,

I thought it would be nice that I would be the first here to give my experience with getting Mojave running and mostly working on my system.

My specifications are as follows:

iMac 14,2

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.4GHz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
      MSI AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC
      250GB SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND SSD / 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
      1TB 5.4K HDD

I used the config that @MaLd0n helped me with. Seriously, he is a legend. HERE is my Clover Config including everything I use for 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.

Installation Procedure:

Create bootable USB media with createinstallmedia - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"Insert Volume Name here"  ***** Remove quotation marks!!! 

**"--Applicationpath" is now depreciated and should not be used when making a 10.14 Mojave USB. I do not know if this will change in upcoming releases.

** ConvertToAPFS is now depreciated and no longer works when installing 10.14 Mojave beta 1. Using the command "--converttoapfs NO" will not work if you use it with "createinstallmedia".

Editing "minstallconfig.xml" within the "macOS Install Data" folder on the target partition chosen during installation to change "ConvertToAPFS" from "TRUE" to "FALSE" would also not disable APFS conversion.

Installation ran through well, but it did restart just after installation began which seemed to have been caused by a crash, but it seemed like it was normal as this happened twice as I tried installing Mojave earlier and the same thing happened. Rebooting again into the installation on the target drive that was selected before described as "macOS Install"  and named "macOS 10.14" resumed installation.

Everything from then on was easy and smooth. I set-up my iCloud and things as such and was brought to the desktop of macOS 10.14 Mojave!

What does work:

Graphics (Acceleration/Metal) // 4K video dropped 0 frames // Picture-in-Picture
      Mouse and Keyboard
      USB 3.0 -  Full 5 GBP/s - Only ports above HDMI Port and front I/O
      USB 3.0 under both Intel and Killer Ethernet ports function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Ethernet (only Intel NIC so far) Both NIC's work, Intel I217-V and Killer E2200
      iMessage
      Sleep and Wake
      Shutdown
      Restart

Update #1:

Temporary Fix: ***I have gotten audio to work after browsing Reddit, I stumbled across this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8orn7w/mojave_files_needed/e05kkj9/

Update #2:

I have just found a kext for the on-board Killer E2200 NIC after searching with device and vendor ID's on this forum.
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/

Update #3:

Audio is now fully operational with new version 1.2.8 of AppleALC, from here: 

What does NOT work:

USB 3 under Intel I217-V NIC and Killer E2200 NIC Ethernet Ports // Only function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Audio Temporary fix in Update #1 above   Fixed in Update #3
      Killer E2200 NIC Fixed in Update #2 above

This is the information I have been able to gather thus far whilst using Mojave.

I hope this helps someone in getting Mojave running on their system.

Regards,
      Mohamed

CLOVER_moman2000 No SN.zip

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.