Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 on macOS

Gogeta5026

12 posts in this topic

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Just recently bought a:

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074HCCWW9/

Kinda new to the whole AMD graphics card on Hackintosh thing. Always used the nvidia cards and know how to do it that way.

Does anybody know what I'm suppose to do in order for the mac to recognize the card the right way?

Currently what is happening is mac OS is booting with my new AMD card but the graphics in the system profile is only showing Display 7MB and the resolution is at 1600x1200. The nvidia card I used to have was working fine with my 4K monitor and giving me 4K resolution when I booted the OS.

What am I suppose to do? Is there something specific in Clover I need to do? FakeID or kext? Currently I am not using any boot flags of any sort, never had to with the nvidia card.

I know people have said they been able to boot the Vega 64 cards OOB with no issues. Not having that type of luck.

I attached the current clover config file I'm using, if that helps.

config.plist.zip

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Just recently bought a:

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074HCCWW9/

Kinda new to the whole AMD graphics card on Hackintosh thing. Always used the nvidia cards and know how to do it that way.

Does anybody know what I'm suppose to do in order for the mac to recognize the card the right way?

Currently what is happening is mac OS is booting with my new AMD card but the graphics in the system profile is only showing Display 7MB and the resolution is at 1600x1200. The nvidia card I used to have was working fine with my 4K monitor and giving me 4K resolution when I booted the OS.

What am I suppose to do? Is there something specific in Clover I need to do? FakeID or kext? Currently I am not using any boot flags of any sort, never had to with the nvidia card.

I know people have said they been able to boot the Vega 64 cards OOB with no issues. Not having that type of luck.

I attached the current clover config file I'm using, if that helps.

You need to use Mac OS High Sierra beta.   If you have an Apple account you can google "Apple High Sierra Beta Program".     you have to sign up and get the download and install.     Search the High Sierra threads for help installing it and update to the latest clover.

• Like 1

When trying to boot into High Sierra like I used to... I get a pixelated screen like shown in the attachment. I can't even see my desktop. It freezes at that point.

I have a MacBook Pro. Should I attempt to clone my MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh drive and boot that way and then see if my new Vega 64 works? Or is there a simpler method, something to do with Clover, FakeID or kext that could fix all of this?

post-1411155-0-77147000-1505187092_thumb.jpg

When trying to boot into High Sierra like I used to... I get a pixelated screen like shown in the attachment. I can't even see my desktop. It freezes at that point.

I have a MacBook Pro. Should I attempt to clone my MacBook Pro to my Hackintosh drive and boot that way and then see if my new Vega 64 works? Or is there a simpler method, something to do with Clover, FakeID or kext that could fix all of this?

Yes you can clone it its quicker, Carbon Copy Cloner works great for that.    All you need to do is add clover afterwards and edit or add your config.plist.

• Like 1

Yes you can clone it its quicker, Carbon Copy Cloner works great for that.    All you need to do is add clover afterwards and edit or add your config.plist.

I set the computer at home to start cloning my MacBook Pro to a partition on my HDD before I left for work this morning. We'll see when I get home in 9-10 hours if that will work. The only other thing I can think of at this point in time would be to do a FRESH install and start from there.

If you or anybody else knows of any other way... I'm open to ideas! If I just need to change something in Clover like a FAKEID, something ticked off or bootflag that would be even better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get this to work?