Intel HD Graphics 5500 - A very strange issue.

fivos1996

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My first post here. :) I have trouble getting my Intel HD 5500 QE/CI to work. I've changed my DVMT setting to 64 and 96MB, but every time I try to boot, the graphics injection works fine but it freezes/hangs after that. If I delete AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext it does boot and shows me correct VRAM info and brightness control. The laptop in question is an HP 250 G5 with an i3 5005U, HD 5500 and 8GB DDR3 RAM. I have tried all ig-platform-id's and Clover patches.  Does this sound like a hardware/incompatibility issue? If you need more info let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hello

I have also HP laptop model 15-ac134nw.

Specification:

Intel i3-5005u

Ram 16gb

Intel HD5500 graphics + R5 M330.

I have the same problem as your theses I can not resolve it. This happens on a person EL Capitan and the Sierra. Everything works in addition to the graphic shows how a 4 MB remove as you wrote AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext shows full VRAM but no acceleration.

If someone can help solve this problem? thank you :)

Hi blade128. In verbose mode, do you get a log that looks like this:

[iGPU] Graphics accelerator is running in execution list mode. 

[iGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1 

[iGPU] Scheduler: multiple channel indexes per command streamer 

[iGPU] Scheduler: process csb using hws. 

[iGPU] Scheduler: pm notify enabled 

[iGPU] Graphics address: ppgtt, separate address space 

[iGPU] Multi forcewake enabled: using 3D driver

And then it hangs after that and you need to hard reboot the laptop?

• 3 months later...

fivos1996 so the same happens with me. I tried to patch DSDT, but failed to :( 

I have an idea for a solution to this problem :(

Hi there. What is your motherboard model? Mine is 81EF and BIOS version is F.13.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. My first post here. :) I have trouble getting my Intel HD 5500 QE/CI to work. I've changed my DVMT setting to 64 and 96MB, but every time I try to boot, the graphics injection works fine but it freezes/hangs after that. If I delete AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext it does boot and shows me correct VRAM info and brightness control. The laptop in question is an HP 250 G5 with an i3 5005U, HD 5500 and 8GB DDR3 RAM. I have tried all ig-platform-id's and Clover patches.  Does this sound like a hardware/incompatibility issue? If you need more info let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Proper ig-platform-id is needed to get full QE/CI. Do something like this:

Set DVMT to 64 mb. Then, boot into the macOS using an invalid ig-platform-id (i.e. 0x12345678), when it successfully boots, repair boot cache:

sudo kextcache -i /

Then, boot again using a valid ig-platform-id.

You can also install Lilu.kext with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Proper ig-platform-id is needed to get full QE/CI. Do something like this:

Set DVMT to 64 mb. Then, boot into the macOS using an invalid ig-platform-id (i.e. 0x12345678), when it successfully boots, repair boot cache:

sudo kextcache -i /

Then, boot again using a valid ig-platform-id.

You can also install Lilu.kext with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Already tried that zillions of times. It still remains an unknown problem.

Looks good to me. Send me the Clover folder. It's better if I could see the system log for IGPU.

Run:

log show --predicate "processID == 0 AND eventMessage CONTAINS[c] 'IGPU'" --debug > ~/Desktop/igpu.log

Here you go. It's GFX0, not IGPU.

igpu.log.zip

Hi blade128. In verbose mode, do you get a log that looks like this:

[iGPU] Graphics accelerator is running in execution list mode. 

[iGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1 

[iGPU] Scheduler: multiple channel indexes per command streamer 

[iGPU] Scheduler: process csb using hws. 

[iGPU] Scheduler: pm notify enabled 

[iGPU] Graphics address: ppgtt, separate address space 

[iGPU] Multi forcewake enabled: using 3D driver

And then it hangs after that and you need to hard reboot the laptop?

Looks good to me. Send me the Clover folder. It's better if I could see the system log for IGPU.

Run:

log show --predicate "processID == 0 AND eventMessage CONTAINS[c] 'IGPU'" --debug > ~/Desktop/igpu.log

Here you go. It's GFX0, not IGPU.

I don't see the messages in the log that you've posted earlier.

I don't see the messages in the log that you've posted earlier.

That's because I can't boot if AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext is installed. That kext provides graphics acceleration.

Thanks in advance.

Hello

I have also HP laptop model 15-ac134nw.
Specification:
Intel i3-5005u
Ram 16gb
Intel HD5500 graphics + R5 M330.

I have the same problem as your theses I can not resolve it. This happens on a person EL Capitan and the Sierra. Everything works in addition to the graphic shows how a 4 MB remove as you wrote AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext shows full VRAM but no acceleration.

If someone can help solve this problem? thank you :)

Guys do you use Lilu with IntelGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup ?

Link

Even when using an invalid platform id?

No. It boots fine as graphics isn't injected this way.

Guys do you use Lilu with IntelGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup ?

Link

These don't work with Broadwell. Already tried.

No. It boots fine as graphics isn't injected this way.

I suggest you begin from scratch. Reinstall macOS, Clover (use RehabMan's config.plist) and don't put anything to CLOVER/patched: just perform a vanilla install. Then, send me the ioreg, clover (press f2 to get boot log in clover).

Thanks in advance.

Did you try Intel fake ID 0x04168086, ig 0x0d220003? I think that is what I used last year to get i3 5005 working as Iris graphics 1536mb.

Did you try Intel fake ID 0x04168086, ig 0x0d220003? I think that is what I used last year to get i3 5005 working as Iris graphics 1536mb.

These are Haswell ID's.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did have problems with booting, it wasn't the DVMT setting, just use lilu and other intel kexts.

This is how I did my Dell Broadwell.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/328135-macos-high-sierra-1013-on-dell-inspiron-7352-broadwell-hd5500-i7-5500u/

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by ltooz_audis