Lilu — kext and process patcher

vit9696
394 posts in this topic

anyway to get 3 screens working on the 290x ? also i still get a black screen on newest macos 10.13 beta im working on finding a fix yes i have -radbeta -lilubeta -liluforce

anyway to get 3 screens working on the 290x ? also i still get a black screen on newest macos 10.13 beta im working on finding a fix yes i have -radbeta -lilubeta -liluforce

I have R9 290X and 3 montors working at 10.12.6 (DVI, HDMI, DP). 10.13 is beta and may not be fully supported WhateverGreen before release.

• Like 1

I have R9 290X and 3 montors working at 10.12.6 (DVI, HDMI, DP). 10.13 is beta and may not be fully supported WhateverGreen before release.

Hi there, Thanks for the great job that you are doing. :)

I have a questions. Did you use anything else besides the kext, Did you use a custom framebuffer/SSDT or all the ports working OOB?

Lilu got an update. As for important changes a workaround was added for macOS interrupt handling bug causing page fault kernel panics.

There also are new APIs necessary for new plugins: AirportBrcmFixup and WhateverGreen.

Unfortunately Lilu + Whatevergreen doesn't work with Ryzen + RX480/580 :( 

I'm pretty sure it's a Kernel issue, since we got a modded Kernel for AMD CPUs. 

Any suggestion?

Hi there, Thanks for the great job that you are doing. :)

I have a questions. Did you use anything else besides the kext, Did you use a custom framebuffer/SSDT or all the ports working OOB?

No. Only WhateverGreen and all works. As I said:

"With WhateverGreen never turn on injection of ATI in the clover. Inject is evil. Use the properties in WhateverGreen"

Unfortunately Lilu + Whatevergreen doesn't work with Ryzen + RX480/580 :(

I'm pretty sure it's a Kernel issue, since we got a modded Kernel for AMD CPUs. 

Any suggestion?

What about log with -raddbg and -liludbg?

• Like 1

10.12.5 No acceleration, no card recognition

10.12.6 Black screen (Classic Polaris issue)

Can you may establish ssh connection to your pc, after load 10.12.6?

10.12.5 No acceleration, no card recognition

10.12.6 Black screen (Classic Polaris issue)

Which loader are you using? Clover?

what 290x do you have 4gb or second gen 8gb because both card are diffeant mine is a 4gb and no matter what i do only 2 screens work on 10.12.5 or 10.12.6 i could give you my amd bios if it helps ? 

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003e1, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003e2, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003e3, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003e4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>

it shows two monitors active HDMI and DP but not the DVI i tried both top and bottom DVI 

Ask me what you need to know about how I set CLOVER, I don't need teaching about that, I need to know if the modded kernel might be the issue ;)

Well, basically just like RemB said you should connect via ssh and check the debug log and kextstat during the black screen. If you get black screen, the kext most likely does not load. There was some AMD kernel that did not work well with Lilu. Might be the case for you.
  • Like 1

Ask me what you need to know about how I set CLOVER, I don't need teaching about that, I need to know if the modded kernel might be the issue ;)

dude boot with 1 monitor and then plug in the second as i found out this plugin is very buggy for most systems i tested it with but if it's a amd system the custom kernel might be causing a issue so go ask bonya to see what's up 

Well, basically just like RemB said you should connect via ssh and check the debug log and kextstat during the black screen. If you get black screen, the kext most likely does not load. There was some AMD kernel that did not work well with Lilu. Might be the case for you.

what info would i need to gather to see why my 3rd monitor isnt working with the plugin on 10.12.6 ? 

WarDoc, the multimonitor issue is usually all about connectors. You probably want to build your custom ones. The FAQ describes how to provide them to WhateverGreen.

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 1

don't just build something and that refuse support we have enough of those devs here and they are all washed up and mean this community deserves better so be better

This project appears to have made significant progress in its last update - It is important that the exchange between developer(s) & user(s) is up to the level of the project itself.

Thank you for your understanding.   ^_^

BR

fantomas1

• Like 2

This project appears to have made significant progress in its last update - It is important that the exchange between developer(s) & user(s) is up to the level of the project itself.

Thank you for your understanding.   ^_^

BR

fantomas1

i wish it was

WhateverGreen/kern_model.cpp

Proposed HD 6770 series graphics cards support/detect (lines 571 & 745)

EDIT:

Ah, ok I didn't see this rule:

* 1. Only use device identifiers present in Apple kexts starting with 5xxx series

Sorry! 

Edited by fantomas1

Hi. I did some testing here with my Radeon HD 7850 GPU.

With kext placed in the Clover folder (10.12), and taken all the clover config.plist patch.
The information is wrong, type appears as Radeon R9 270, and that GPU has a device-id 6811, and that of my GPU is 6819.

I tried to apply the id correction of my GPU via DSDT, but to no avail.

In the other test, I left the patch in the Clover config.plist, like "video ports", "Inject ATI = True", "FB Name = Futomaki". With this the board is recognized correctly without any problem.

The good thing is that now the sleep works. Sleep and wake up.

Thanks @ vit9696. Nice work from you, and those involved.