I'm at a dead end with clover

FALLOFMAN

54 posts in this topic

replace which full folder?

The reason why you can't boot off the harddrive is because you're missing the EFI boot folder in the harddrive's root EFI partition. Therefore, it won't/can't be recognized by Clover as a bootable drive.

Download, unzip, then run: Clover EFI Bootloader. Click "Continue" twice. Then, click "Change Install Location":

axyhFqR.png

Make sure you install this on to the harddrive running Mac OS (mine will be MacOS_TEST):

bZfB5zP.png

Then, click continue, then click "Customize" and select "Install for UEFI booting only" and "Install Clover in the ESP", then click Install:

wYEQzyM.png

Mount your harddrive with Clover Configurator (make sure you select the correct drive that is currently being used for Mac OS by clicking "Check Partition" and determining which device contains the name of your harddrive running Mac OS -- in my case, it'll be "MacOS_TEST" at dev/disk1):

6usHyqo.png

Click "Mount EFI Partition". Then, select correct disk (mine will be disk 1, partition 1 --  we select the EFI partition that was created by Clover Boot Loader)

vLW87hs.png

In Clover Configurator, click "Open Partition" (if you ran the Boot Loader correctly, it should already have an "EFI" folder inside the root):

SPzrrnM.png

Eject the EFI drive by right clicking it and selecting "Eject" (it will show up on your desktop if you go to the "Finder" tab at the top (next to the apple icon), then click "Preferences," then under "Show these items on your desktop" select and check "Hard disks"). Once unmounted, restart your computer. Make sure the harddrive is now the first boot priority. Now it should boot off the drive instead of off the USB.

• Like 1

The reason why you can't boot off the harddrive is because you're missing the EFI boot folder in the harddrive's root EFI partition. Therefore, it won't/can't be recognized by Clover as a bootable drive.

Download, unzip, then run: Clover EFI Bootloader. Click "Continue" twice. Then, click "Change Install Location":

axyhFqR.png

Make sure you install this on to the harddrive running Mac OS (mine will be MacOS_TEST):

bZfB5zP.png

Then, click continue, then click "Customize" and select "Install for UEFI booting only" and "Install Clover in the ESP", then click Install:

wYEQzyM.png

Mount your harddrive with Clover Configurator (make sure you select the correct drive that is currently being used for Mac OS by clicking "Check Partition" and determining which device contains the name of your harddrive running Mac OS -- in my case, it'll be "MacOS_TEST" at dev/disk1):

6usHyqo.png

Click "Mount EFI Partition". Then, select correct disk (mine will be disk 1, partition 1 --  we select the EFI partition that was created by Clover Boot Loader)

vLW87hs.png

In Clover Configurator, click "Open Partition" (if you ran the Boot Loader correctly, it should already have an "EFI" folder inside the root):

SPzrrnM.png

Inside this EFI folder, replace the "CLOVER" folder with the one provided by Mald0n:

sX9iXJ2.png

Eject the EFI drive by right clicking it and selecting "Eject" (it will show up on your desktop if you go to the "Finder" tab at the top (next to the apple icon), then click "Preferences," then under "Show these items on your desktop" select and check "Hard disks"). Once unmounted, restart your computer. Make sure the harddrive is now the first boot priority. Now it should boot off the drive instead of off the USB.

WOW Thank you, I have no idea why that folder isn't there, I didn't do anything to it lol but i'll install clover tonight and report back, thanks again.

Yes, install clover and after go to efi folder and replace clover folder

holy {censored} it worked! you guys are amazing. I really appreciate your time and help. If you want to, would you mind explaining to me what you did to the efi folder and dsdt to make it work? 

Once again thank you

• Like 2

config.plist inject intel and many defaults things

DSDT

Fix errors and warnings
Hpet
Darwin
Sata
Dtgp
Slpb
Als0
Lpc
Hdef
Irqs
Smbus
Bus1
Shutdown
Mchc
Names in PCI Devices

wow seemed to be alot of errors, my mistake, im fairly new at all this. Is power management working now? or whatever the dsdt does? lol

• Like 1

I can install the hardware monitor kexts now without worrying of a kernel panic?

I personally wouldn't. I found them (the kexts) to be unstable in my system and I got random restarts/KPs. If I need to see my CPU temp, I use this neat little tool by PMHeart (just don't use it for generating a SSDT):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320517-pre-release-macos-sierra-10124/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2369463

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't. I found them (the kexts) to be unstable in my system and I got random restarts/KPs. If I need to see my CPU temp, I use this neat little tool by PMHeart (just don't use it for generating a SSDT):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320517-pre-release-macos-sierra-10124/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2369463

so is my bios controlling my fans now based on temperature?