I'm at a dead end with clover

FALLOFMAN

54 posts in this topic

I installed Sierra using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( I know, nobody likes it) and I tried everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING from trying out kexts to settings in config.plist and NOTHING IS WORKING to get clover to show up during boot, but it doesnt, my pc just boots to windows (which I have on a seperate hd from sierra) the ONLY WAY I can get into sierra is with the usb stick.

I decided to start fresh on a clean install and was recommended to install sierra and clover MANUALLY onto my usb stick through terminal, which I did, and followed the guides perfectly. I restarted, chose my usb stick, clover loaded, I chose "install sierra from usb" the apple logo and the loading bar appear, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!

I'm at my wits end ive tried everything and I don't know what to do. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

System specs

motherboard asus p8z 77v lx

cpu i5 3570k

gpu intel hd 4000

ram corsair vengeance 16gb

I installed Sierra using ##### ( I know, nobody likes it) and I tried everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING from trying out kexts to settings in config.plist and NOTHING IS WORKING to get clover to show up during boot, but it doesnt, my pc just boots to windows (which I have on a seperate hd from sierra) the ONLY WAY I can get into sierra is with the usb stick.

I decided to start fresh on a clean install and was recommended to install sierra and clover MANUALLY onto my usb stick through terminal, which I did, and followed the guides perfectly. I restarted, chose my usb stick, clover loaded, I chose "install sierra from usb" the apple logo and the loading bar appear, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!

I'm at my wits end ive tried everything and I don't know what to do. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

System specs

motherboard asus p8z 77v lx

cpu i5 3570k

gpu intel hd 4000

ram corsair vengeance 16gb

Post your EFI.zip exclude the theme folder

• Like 1

Post EFI folder excluding themes folder. Also make sure you have changed appropriate bios settings eg AHCI etc.

Boot Verbose -v and take a picture when it stops or reboots and post it.

If you can boot Sierra with usb then you have a clover install problem. Installed in legacy on uefi? Or vice versa. Wrong drivers? FakeSMC.kext?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have you had OSX on this machine before?

• Like 1

Post EFI folder excluding themes folder. Also make sure you have changed appropriate bios settings eg AHCI etc.

Boot Verbose -v and take a picture when it stops or reboots and post it.

If you can boot Sierra with usb then you have a clover install problem. Installed in legacy on uefi? Or vice versa. Wrong drivers? FakeSMC.kext?

Have you had OSX on this machine before?

uefi bios, changed bios settings used fakesmc. I'm going to work now, I will post everything tonight

Try the attached config also why do you have 3 ethernet kexts in your other and 10.12 folders? Remove them all until you know which one you need.

Also update FakeSMC https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads

I really appreciate the time you took to do this for me but unfortunately it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Why don't you post the information people asked for? "Boot Verbose -v and take a picture when it stops or reboots and post it."

We can't guess where your computer is stuck.

Is this your first OSX/macOS install on this machine or did you have a former version of OSX installed?

Why don't you post the information people asked for? "Boot Verbose -v and take a picture when it stops or reboots and post it."

We can't guess where your computer is stuck.

Is this your first OSX/macOS install on this machine or did you have a former version of OSX installed?

sorry I missed that, ill post a photo in a few hours

So I tried to boot sierra with clover without the usb stick, there are 2 mac os options in bios ,I set them to boot priority but it skips right over them and boots windows. THE ONLY WAY to start sierra is with the usb stick...

install clover again?

How are we supposed to help if you don't provide any information except "it doesn't work".

- What did you do when it stopped working?

- Have you manually selected to boot from your mac install drive (usually F12 when booting) - does it work then?

- etc. etc.

What else have you tried to fix the problem?

• Like 1

install clover again?

How are we supposed to help if you don't provide any information except "it doesn't work".

- What did you do when it stopped working?

- Have you manually selected to boot from your mac install drive (usually F12 when booting) - does it work then?

- etc. etc.

What else have you tried to fix the problem?

I provided more than "it doesn't work" I provided everything that was asked except the photo of verbose start up

"what did you do when it stopped working" answered that already

"have you manually selected to boot from  your mac install drive" answered that already.

I understand you guys need info to help, but dont tell I havent provided anything when I have, please, thank you

if u can, upload ur DSDT, il prepare ur clover folder ;)

Sure, how would I go about doing that?

for extract DSDT

in clover boot screen press f4, generate files in Clover/Acpi/origin(You must be booting UEFI and EFI partition is FAT32 )

or with maciasl

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117.zip

or in windows

or linux

• Like 1

for extract DSDT

in clover boot screen press f4, generate files in Clover/Acpi/origin(You must be booting UEFI and EFI partition is FAT32 )

or with maciasl

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117.zip

or in windows

or linux

Why don't you try Enoch ?

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Sorry MaLd0n,

I would reply to the user Fallofman who has opened the topic ....

If he is at dead end with Cover why he doesn't try another bootloader ..

See ya

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

np

but Clover is great. Clover + DSDT + SSDT pike + fakesmc is a best solution.

• Like 2