Logic Pro 7.2.3 Sync Problem

Synthology

19 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Is anyone else experiencing the following error?:

"Error while trying to synchronize audio to midi - Sample Rate 33156 Recognized. Check Conflict between Logic Pro and external device."

Once you hit play and after about 2 bars, the above pops up.

The sample rate varies, however, I cannot get logic to continue playing correctly. Under 10.4.7 and older Kernel, it all works great.

Just want to know if anyone else has encountered this problem after installing the new Kernel, and or solved it.

Cheers

Synthology

at my first test with new kernel from mifki or semthex i had the same problems on logic.

but after completly re-install a fresh 10.4.8. system with mifki kernel it was working for me.

which iokit.framework you take? 10.4.7 or 10.4.8 ?

About to try mifki kernel. I had to force FSB on boot.plist to 266. Clock runs at the right speed, and apparently so does logic pro now. However, It might be better for us audio guys to stick with mifki's kernel. It appears that Logic and its XSKey are time sensitive. Got it working with semthex, but I will try mifki and see what happens. IOKIT framework is 10.4.8. I made no changes there.

By the way, I will simply change the mifki kernel name to something other than semthex kernel (mach_kernel). On boot.plist, I will direct it to the newly named kernel. Before I do, is there anything I should know before trying the mifki kernel that way, being that my install was semthex?

Please advise

Synthology

when you have semthex kernel running... you need only to copie the mach_kernel from mifki in root from your boot harddisk.

for testing rename it to mach_kernel2 (for example)

and on bootmenu you type:

mach_kernel2 FSB=266

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have carefully read your thread. However, I didn't understand. I have a fresh install of 10.4.8 (semthex) from Jas and I am getting the same sync problem. I am a newbee on Mac OSX. What should I do to get it work the way it should?

Regards

P5WDH / E6600 /GeForce 7900GS/M-Audio FW410

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using a Digidesign Audio Interface, the following should work;

The FSB fix didn't work for me(I tried -y and fsb=133 boot options), but updating Pro Tools to 7.3.1(a critical update from 7.3) worked like a charm. Pro Tools 7.3.1 adds a new coreaudio driver for the Digidesign audio interface. Logic Pro 7.2.3 will use this new driver and the problem will be gone. The coreaudio version that is installed with Pro Tools 7.3.1 is 7.3cs1. I am not sure digidesign is offering that version of the coreaudio driver as standalone download. If not, you have to pay the price to upgrade to Pro Tools 7.3 which is $49 if you already own Pro Tools 7.x.

Good Luck!

I have the same synchronisation error. I tried the Mifki kernel but the Pc wont boot (it reboots at the grey apple logo)

I installed the Kernel by selecting it in customise when installing jas 10.4.8 sse 3 only release. Is thid the right way to do it or should I try the method above?

My CPU is shown as a 4ghz core duo, is this a sign of the fsb being wrong?

My machine is a 2ghz core duo with a intel 945 chipset

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe Logic Pro 7.2.3 legit will only run on 10.4.8

until we have a working way of getting to 10.4.9 and above looks like we cant use the new Logic 8 which requires at least 10.4.9

I had the same midi audio sync error when I 1st intalled Jas 10.4.8 (2+3) then Jas 10.4.9 update. Tried the Bootlist edit, and everthing else...

It works however when I only install Jas10.4.8 (2+3) and P35 motherboard patches plus diabolik1049 video. I've been running for the last month on my new system (see sig). Might be bold enough to try ProApp update since another has and succeeded.

I'm receiving Logic Studio in 2 days but it probably wont run...unless there's something in v8 that corrects the sync error..or...unless we are lucky enough to find a Logic sync error specific patch (or kernel version) and 10.4.10 combo update for Audio users.

Good to see 3rd party dsp on ethernet...finally. Hats off to Apples efforts.

Can anyone who gets Logic studio v8 running on OSX86 please share their method?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Fixing the Sync Problem from Logic Studio 8 and 10.4.9:

i installed Jas 10.4.8.

then i update with jas to 10.4.9.

everything worked... only sync problem in logic.

my solution.

take the mach_kernel.mifki from jas 10.4.8 and copy in root.

also take from jas 10.4.8

system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

system/library/extensions/system.kext /

on restart i write:

mach_kernel.mifki fsb=266

you can also put in com.apple.boot.plist.

for me now... i have running jas 10.4.9. with darwin 8.8.1 kernel from mifki without any problems anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have same problem in Logic 8 under 10.4.11. Please let me know a solution. This is killing me. I suspect the problem is coming from Kontakt 3 hosting Eastwest Orchestra. BTW does it matter that I got multi instrument under same track of Kontakt?

Please help!