Non working Nvidia video card thread

enb14

61 posts in this topic

Digital Dark Age, I hope this clears how to add the ID:

remember to fix ownership and permissions if you edited it outside terminal, but it wouldn't hurt doing it anyway.

From NVDAResman.kext:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x011010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&0xfff8ffff 0x00c110de&0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp (...) </string>

On NVDANV40Hal.kex it should be nstead:

0x00c110de&0xfff0ffff

6600GT on a P4P800, when the loginwindow.app starts the screen refresh changes and the monitor gets a signal, but the screen just says blank.

From what I can tell the system is actually running, just not displaying anything... :poster_oops:

This is on the very latest JaS 10.4.8 with the 10.4.4 Loginwindow due to crashing About This Mac... may try the 10.4.8 loginwindow if that would make a difference.

Same thing here on AMD with geforce 6600GT. the VGA output works, the DVI stays black. also inserted my

displays EDID and all device IDs fine... no matter if I take the old or the new loginwindow btw.

Strange... maybe it is because it's PCI-E?

Is your card name listed in System Profiler? If so, then the kexts aren't loaded properly. Titan.kext identifies your card properly but once the actual drivers load it should change the card name to "display, b" or something liek that.

Incorrect. The new Titan shows your card name properly.

Did you try the new Natit release? Give that a try before returning the card. If you do decide on a downgrade, I'd aim for a 7900 GS, or a 7800 of some sort, since you seem to be looking for medium-high to high end cards.

Did you try the new Natit release? Give that a try before returning the card. If you do decide on a downgrade, I'd aim for a 7900 GS, or a 7800 of some sort, since you seem to be looking for medium-high to high end cards.

Yes, I tried Natit. No go there either. I'll likely end up with a 7900GS. No one's conclusively stated whether 512MB cards have worked or not.

tested new mifki kernel on my dell m 1210 , succeded

but titan.kext came to black-white checked screen.

macvidia didn't work just got hanged in black screen.

haven't yet tested semthex kernel.

probablely would get same result as the above.

finally, got QE&CI with older IOPCIFamilly.kext.

mathdude1284:

That's exactly what I get with 7900GTO and I think that's what most others are getting too...

I't starting to look as this is a 512MB problem... I wonder if it would be possible to flash the card to think it only has 256MB memory, but otherwise work as usual? :)

zam.. does it say that ur card is 512mb in darwin? or in system profiler?

also.. ive found success when deleting NVDAResman.kext.. (That causes dependancy issues with NVDAN40Hal.kext so that may be the offending kext too)

When NVDAResman is removed, I get pretty stable gfx, but no QE..

ok.. more info that i think we need to check some more infos..

After reading all the stuff on omni's site, it says that

The keys under the display@ sub-tree that need to be set BEFORE NVidia kexts

So does that mean titan.kext needs to load before NVDANx0Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext? Because NVDAN40Hal.kext loads much before titan.kext in my setup..