JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.ReSeed

JaS

68 posts in this topic

Someone who's in contact with JAS on IRC or somewhere, please tell him to correct the little mistake in kernels description. Mifki's for SSE3 and Semthex for SSE2, not vice versa like installer says. This maybe caused a lot of unsuccessfull installs.

Indeed. As I wrote, I enabled HPET in my BIOS and chose Mifki's kernel. Everything went quite smooth, except that I had to repair sound and now I am having network problems as well.

I sure hope this new release is using RAR with SFVs as been done by scene releasers. I don't know why it wasn't done this way in the first place, maybe cause it's a lot of work but this method is much better than usenet where many doesn't have access.

Anyway, great job. Hope to get the new re-release soon.

Sounds like it is the first one :spam:

I think ppl are posting here their results with the first dvd,this new , non public one has no bless issues or partitiong issues.Its a fact.

I built the mkext without the two kexts that cause errors on laptops,so that pcicard panic or whatever must be related to something else.

New kernel+ new system == some old hardware might not work.

Despite what everyone thinks,I can not just make everyones hardware work.I know its disappointing it is also true.

Do any OS-X install DVD versions work with the ECS P4M800PRO-M V2.0 board [VIA chipset Core 2 Duo/Pentium D Processor]? (This board + Core 2 Duo CPU was purchased at Fry's). I've tried booting the DVD with several 10.4.x versions, and they'll either: bonk out and restart the machine, while still in the command prompt display mode. Or some get as far as the rotating gear icon, but then stops with the slashed circle "stop" icon.

Thanks!

I too am having that same problem with that mobo. I can't get to the spinning gear stage of the installation, however. I'm running an e6400.

Also, VMware doesn't work. I can install it, but when I try to start up OS X, the virtual machine crashes and gives me the error message that the cpu has been disabled by the guest OS, or something to that effect. I'm also using pc2100 ram, but as far as I have read, that shouldn't affect the performance or compatibility of the system. However, this mobo pairs old components with new ones. I wonder if this could be the source the problem...

Can ANYONE please help us with this problem? Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think ppl are posting here their results with the first dvd,this new , non public one has no bless issues or partitiong issues.Its a fact.

I built the mkext without the two kexts that cause errors on laptops,so that pcicard panic or whatever must be related to something else.

New kernel+ new system == some old hardware might not work.

Despite what everyone thinks,I can not just make everyones hardware work.I know its disappointing it is also true.

Yes, but you are doing one hell of a job of it! I have wanted an Apple laptop for years, but I couldn't afford it. Now, my E1705 is an Apple!!!!!!!!! And, its all thanks to you! Take your time with this new DVD, make it a good one. I, and the rest of this forum, thank you for all of your hard work!

New kernel+ new system == some old hardware might not work..

JaS, are there any benefits or reasons to use the new release if people are already on 8.1 :D

It has been said in general in IRC that posting on usenet would make the seeding on bittorrent slower...... Because people would download it on usenet and not seed it on torrent. Offcourse, you always have people that do seed after d/l it from usenet, but at least half of em doesn't I guess.

So we'll hold the usenet thing off for now. Ok? :)

It has been said in general in IRC that posting on usenet would make the seeding on bittorrent slower...... Because people would download it on usenet and not seed it on torrent. Offcourse, you always have people that do seed after d/l it from usenet, but at least half of em doesn't I guess.

So we'll hold the usenet thing off for now. Ok? :)

There should be sufficient seeders to mitigate problems of last time....