BCM94331CS vs BCM94360CS vs BCM94331CD vs BCM94360CD

sergiy.gagarin

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I've bought BCM94331CSAX with PCIeX1 adapter for this combo being the chipest and for reasons I don't really need fastest WiFi possible. Heck my router is still 54g  :thumbsup_anim: 

Anyway I was lucky and card and adaptor seems to came flawless. Since I am using MacPro3,1 SMBIOS I was not getting Handoff and few other OOB and had to apply CAT which enabled everything.

Then I've found that BT signal level is really low. BT speaker i have is dropping sound like crazy if put more then two meters from antenna.
While researching a bit I have found that middle connector on the card is for BT. Also I've found that turning WiFi on card off is greatly improving RSSI of Bluetooth connection – my BT speaker can be as far as 5-6 meteres after that. Also turning off router (with WiFI in 2.4GHz) do the same — improves RSS of BT.

So my question is can you guys with those cards in topic attest to my finding. Or correct them because now I wonder if CD (iMac) versions of the cards are better in regards of simultanious work of BT and WiFi since those cards are actually bigger themselves.

Thank you

P.S. Screenshots shows how turning WiFI off improves BT connection

post-252675-0-60746100-1476925288.png

post-252675-0-12360700-1476925297.png

• Like 1

Hi guys. I've bought BCM94331CSAX with PCIeX1 adapter for this combo being the chipest and for reasons I don't really need fastest WiFi possible. Heck my router is still 54g  :thumbsup_anim: 

Anyway I was lucky and card and adaptor seems to came flawless. Since I am using MacPro3,1 SMBIOS I was not getting Handoff and few other OOB and had to apply CAT which enabled everything.

Then I've found that BT signal level is really low. BT speaker i have is dropping sound like crazy if put more then two meters from antenna.

While researching a bit I have found that middle connector on the card is for BT. Also I've found that turning WiFi on card off is greatly improving RSSI of Bluetooth connection – my BT speaker can be as far as 5-6 meteres after that. Also turning off router (with WiFI in 2.4GHz) do the same — improves RSS of BT.

So my question is can you guys with those cards in topic attest to my finding. Or correct them because now I wonder if CD (iMac) versions of the cards are better in regards of simultanious work of BT and WiFi since those cards are actually bigger themselves.

Thank you

P.S. Screenshots shows how turning WiFI off improves BT connection

Same problem here with BCM94352HMB. For starters I ordered a replacement ADSL2 Router that operates at 5GHz, in order to *not* interfere with BT's 2.4GHz.

I will keep you posted with updates.