El Capitan 10.11.6 Install - 5960X with Asus X99-E WS

motionworks

35 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi motionworks,

I really want to thank you (I know there is a button for that, but I’ve already used it and felt It was not enough). After almost a month digging the net to find a guide to install El Capitan on my AUS X99 Deluxe  / 5930K hackintosh, finally I stumbled upon yours. It is the best written, most straightforward one I have ever read!

I’m still in the process of post installation, but I’ll come back here to write how it will end my struggle with my X99 system, my lack of knowledge and my needing to install a most updated OS to run certain apps. I had to make some minor changes to your config.plist to boot and maybe it would be nice to share these infos with others with the same hardware as mine.

Maybe I’ll ask some further questions about the post install. Hope to find some other crucial infos here in the next days!

Thanks again! (Apologize for my “pizza spaghetti mandolino” english)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a x99 motherboard + 5960x processor, you can try!

Of course this topic is specifically for 5960x + Asus X99-E WS. (SSDT + Bios Settings + VoodooTSCSync.kext (you have to adjust your own))

Good luck

thanks a lot!!!

I´m running Yosemite, do you know if this guide do work on a gigabyte UD 4 motherboard?

here my other specs:

GTX 980

32gb RAM

m.2 pcie

500 SSD

2x 4TB RAID 1

cheers!

• Like 1

If you have a x99 motherboard + 5960x processor, you can try!

Of course this topic is specifically for 5960x + Asus X99-E WS. (SSDT + Bios Settings + VoodooTSCSync.kext (you have to adjust your own))

Good luck

Thank you motionworks!

Do you think I can use the ones I used for my x99 5960x Yosemite build?

cheers!

• 6 months later...