Apple unveils "macOS Sierra"

399 posts in this topic

Why is it too early then? This might actually be the most important change with macOS 12 since it affects a lot of stuff. The rest - at least what was presented in the keynote - was a bit underwhelming imho.

IMO most of the stuff that was introduced in OS X ... MacOS are for Generation X kids, I don't think we as in working people will use most of it.

For example the auto-login part, most enterprise users and/or folks who work with sensitive data will have a big hell no moment.

Universal clipboard is a neat feature, but honestly, how many of you will actually use it? And the new messages.... oh boy ... for me I'd like to read the text not guess Egyptian style iconography. Aren't we as humans suppose to progress not regress, but hey.. who am I to judge.

IMO most of the stuff that was introduced in OS X ... MacOS are for Generation X kids, I don't think we as in working people will use most of it.

Yeah, thats exactly the reason why I am not that impressed with a lot of the new stuff. Same goes for iOS 10. Biggest update ever, really? ... and most of the time they spent with iMessage gimmicks like throbbing bubbles, super big emojis and flying hearts. Young girls will love it, though.

For example the auto-login part, most enterprise users and/or folks who work with sensitive data will have a big hell no moment.

Universal clipboard is a neat feature, but honestly, how many of you will actually use it? And the new messages.... oh boy ... for me I'd like to read the text not guess Egyptian style iconography. Aren't we as humans suppose to progress not regress, but hey.. who am I to judge.

The only thing that Apple knew how to do in recent years was to make OS X a bloated operating system.

Yup, I guess Apple as a company went from Let's-copy-that-sh.. I mean let's innovate (but I will give them credit where credit is due, they did come up with some neat stuff) to I'm out of original ideas so let's smoke and trow some stuff at the wall and maybe, maybe some of it will stick.

Whats also interesting is that they did not mention the new file system at all in the presentation. I mean such a fundamental change and no word about it?

Because Apple became a consumer company for the people with attention span of a gold fish, they don't read, just show them the pretty pictures and crayons to color it.

Off-topic: Have you seen the video on the youtube that young girl (college age) having a hard time figuring out how far will you go in an hour if you're driving at 80 miles per hour?

Whats also interesting is that they did not mention the new file system at all in the presentation. I mean such a fundamental change and no word about it?

Because it's not ready. It won't be launching until next year (presumably as part of 10.13). I'm sure they'll make a thing out of it then.

Because Apple became a consumer company for the people with attention span of a gold fish, they don't read, just show them the pretty pictures and crayons to color it.

Yeah but I thought WWDC had something to do with developers? A developer with attention span of a goldfish that can't read? Doesn't developing require at least some kind of intelligence?

Ohhh wait. I think such people actually exist. I heard they created a software called "windows" :D