[GUIDE] Installing macOS on ASUS K501L

86 posts in this topic

You don't need to patch dsdt. This method works even by only deleting intel backlight kext from everywhere L\E, S\L\E, installing AppleBacklightInjector, and moving SSDT-PNLF to clover\acpi\patched folder. And you get ~70 level of brightness.

Just tried this method today and it didn't worked at all, it just went stuck at 50% like before I delete the IntelBacklight.kext.

Dunno what I did wrong... So I just deleted the SSDT-PNLF and Injector Kext and I'm back to a working brightness (but still quite limited). I'll try to get it working tomorrow

My screen brightness is at 100% right now without using IntelBacklight or AppleBacklightInjector kext @@

Try using the pre-patched SSDT in the 1.1, I'm using it right now without any problem :)

And btw, have anyone figured out how to fix the sleep problem yet? I can enter sleep mode (blinking power led) but when I open the laptop, the screen were black but the backlight is on @@

Just tried this method today and it didn't worked at all, it just went stuck at 50% like before I delete the IntelBacklight.kext.

Dunno what I did wrong... So I just deleted the SSDT-PNLF and Injector Kext and I'm back to a working brightness (but still quite limited). I'll try to get it working tomorrow

I'm sorry that i confused you. You also need to change a bit config.plist as described at manual.

Guys, Now I'm having problem with sleep in 10.12.4 for no reason!? It was doing fine for the past few weeks and poof, sleep doesn't work anymore @@. My lap can enter sleep but when I wake it up(open the lid), all I got is a black screen. 

And I'm also still having the problem with my microphone, it doesn't pick up any sound at all @@

I'm willing to provide anything you need or even testing to sort all of these problems out :D

P/S: Using the Hotpatch method right now, working great so far :). Wondering if there're any change on the new hotpatch on the new version?

Trackpad is working in 10.12.4?

Trackpad works perfectly in 10.12.4 using the kext in 1.1

#Update: I have just tested the sleep function by plugging in an external screen to the laptop. When I wake the laptop from sleep, the top bar showed up on the second screen but the wallpaper is black. I couldn't do anything on the laptop at that moment so I have to do a restart. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm trying to solve a little problem and I wonder if you can help me. I mainly use my laptop at home connected to an external monitor (and keyboard / mouse indeed). The problem is that I can't boot into macOS Sierra when the HDMI is plugged in, it get stuck a few seconds at 

"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm0x0"

before rebooting, as you can see in the pic I attached.

I've tried to inject IntelGraphics, disable Nvidia ones, but neither does work actually, the only way to boot is to unplug the HDMI, boot, and then connect the HDMI cable. 

It's a minor issue so it's not that important, but it would be much more comfortable to use my Hackintosh if I could get this working.

[EDIT] : Problem solved, the laptop's lid must be closed in order to boot macOS properly with an external screen plugged-in

post-1699558-0-53119000-1493634663_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Excellent guide, thank you very much :)

I have a ASUS UX360CA touch version of UX305. I had a hard time in using the track-pad and asked around, so far, still have clues to solve it

the most I wanted is to make the trackpad working, even as a mouse ( to line in an usb mouse is really inconvenient, otherwise,

here I reproduced my issues of the two kexts I tried
Last login: Fri Sep 8 10:42:09 on console
Users-MacBook-Air:~ User$ cd "desktop"
Users-MacBook-Air:desktop User$ sudo chown -R root:wheel VoodooI2C.kext
Password:

Users-MacBook-Air:desktop User$ sudo kextutil -v VoodooI2C.kext
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for VoodooI2C.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
VoodooI2C.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "VoodooI2C.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/User/Desktop/VoodooI2C.kext"
Loading VoodooI2C.kext.
VoodooI2C.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

---*But not working, when I use the trackpad---*

Users-MacBook-Air:desktop User$ sudo chown -R root:wheel ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Users-MacBook-Air:desktop User$ sudo kextutil -v ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/User/Desktop/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Controller.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/User/Desktop/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/User/Desktop/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext"
Loading ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.
(kernel) OSMetaClass: Kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller class ApplePS2MouseDevice is a duplicate;kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller already has a class by that name.
(kernel) Kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
(kernel) Kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008017).
(kernel) Dependency org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller of kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2SmartTouchPad failed to load.
(kernel) Can't remove kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller; services failed to terminate - 0xdc008018.
(kernel) Kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2SmartTouchPad failed to load (0xdc008015).
(kernel) Failed to load kext org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2SmartTouchPad (error 0xdc008015).
Failed to load ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.
Failed to load ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.

So any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

• RehabMan for helping me solve the black screen issue after wake and suggesting the methods to deal with some problems such as disabling discrete graphics card and USB 3.0 on El Capitan. His collection of tiny SSDT samples also helped me to implement the 'hotpatch' method in this guide.

Can you share how you solved the black screen issue?

My Asus K501LX has black screen after sleep. And I haven't followed your guide 100% because of the newer versions of some patches/packages and I'm on High Sierra.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Will it be possible for you to install it for an Asus X540 to which I have tried in many ways the installation of the Sierra or High Sierra Mac?

- Procesador : Intel Core i3 5005u

- Memoria Ram : 4GB DDR3L
- Disco duro : 1TB 
- Pantalla : 15,6 Pulgadas 1366x768 

- Conectividad : WiFi 802.11bgn
- Puertos USB : USB 3.0, USB 2.0, USB3.1 Type C (Gen 1)
- HDMI