Installing a El Capitan on Dell Alienware 15r2 - Skylake system

124 posts in this topic

Thank you, I don't get how everyone can run smbois as iMac17 but I get a error saying not supported on this platform and I have to have support cpu enabled or it just goes into reboot without giving me output. Antoher thing everyone else with alienware doesn't have to add the nullpower kext but I do.

But I finally got to the install but it say I can't install osx into my computer.

it say about caompatibility? you can change your bios date to year 2015 instead 2016, maybe a problem of date.

I have no idea, first I have to find dmg for osx since I can't install mine.

Did you just go to the app store and update?

I think there is an app to update your computer.

Nope,

I've downloaded a recent "install El Capitan" from app store and used installmedia's apple to make a usb disk bootable.

And this is the boot.

what the heck.....

ah, it is too soon for skylake support.

Maybe after june with new laptops we will have more support on skylake system....I'm hoping of that...

F

i think install the 11.4 better. i installed 11.4 and updated to 11.5 from app store. everything is ok but sleep...

I can't get the wifi to work and did you get nvidia drivers to work?

Did you wipe your HDD for mac or did you partition it?

wifi and nv drivers not work. i installed it on one SSD.

Ahh. Did you figure out how to enable intel 530 full 1 gb vram.

Did you find how to adjust the brightness?

I couldn't get the sound working either.

What doesn't work for you?

Ahh. Did you figure out how to enable intel 530 full 1 gb vram.

Did you find how to adjust the brightness?

I couldn't get the sound working either.

What doesn't work for you?

fix HD530 vram, here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum ... l-discussion/page-2

plugin keyboard to adjust the brightness. if can't,  get the patch of brightness for DSDT(i got it from Rehabman).  

the sound, please watch this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/page-24. this floor              #464             work for me(just part, not full). 

wifi and 970m not work. voice not perfect. HDMI not work.

fix HD530 vram, here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum ... l-discussion/page-2

plugin keyboard to adjust the brightness. if can't,  get the patch of brightness for DSDT(i got it from Rehabman).  

the sound, please watch this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/page-24. this floor              #464             work for me(just part, not full). 

wifi and 970m not work. voice not perfect. HDMI not work.

What about the touchpad?

• 3 weeks later...

no clue. try other version, the latest is 4.6, maybe you can try 4.4.5 or 4.5.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I am busy in school and don't really have time to figure it out.

Is there a possibility of you sharing your working files?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, after spending a lot of time over at TonyMac with Rehabman i stumbled across your thread. I have a similar system to you guys (see sig) and I'm wondering how you are getting on? 

I've managed to install 10.11.6 using your EFI files

so far i can't use 

1. WIFI but ethernet is working fine

2. Sound (but will try your Voodoo suggestion)

3. Trackpad scrolling (but clicks etc work)

im also still booting from USB in safe mode at the mo.....

whats next? more DSDT tweaking before copying EFI to HDD?

Hi guys, after spending a lot of time over at TonyMac with Rehabman i stumbled across your thread. I have a similar system to you guys (see sig) and I'm wondering how you are getting on? 

I've managed to install 10.11.6 using your EFI files

so far i can't use 

1. WIFI but ethernet is working fine

2. Sound (but will try your Voodoo suggestion)

3. Trackpad scrolling (but clicks etc work)

im also still booting from USB in safe mode at the mo.....

whats next? more DSDT tweaking before copying EFI to HDD?

WIFI: you have to change hard ware if you want wifi work(i had changed it to BCM94352z );

Sound: if you are ca0132 too, you can get driver from             #283            

Trackpad:  SmartTouchPad is fine

(sorry for my bad english)

WIFI: you have to change hard ware if you want wifi work(i had changed it to BCM94352z );

Sound: if you are ca0132 too, you can get driver from             #283            

Trackpad:  SmartTouchPad is fine

(sorry for my bad english)

WIFI: is this easy to fit? can i use one of those tiny USB wifi adapters?

Sound: driver working fine now i install with Kext Wizard (no microphone as already reported)

Trackpad was working after all

did you get your GTX 970M working? do i need a kext? i install the web driver but it reports nothing in slots?

just realised my system isn't recognising any PCI (including my SSD)

i am running OSX from my 1TB HDD

my dsdt isn't patched. under RehabMan guidance i used DropOEM=True then copied all the 1xDSDT and 16xSSDT files to Clover/ACPI/patched

......except for SSDT3 because it was stopping me from getting to the installer (contains info on USB architecture etc - XHC stuff)

now your system ignores the OEM (motherboard versions) and only looks at the patched set (which you can now control/patch)

........i think this has also caused me to lose PCI bus (SSD and GTX980M) so i might have to patch SSDT3 rather than completely drop it?

WIFI: is this easy to fit? can i use one of those tiny USB wifi adapters?

Sound: driver working fine now i install with Kext Wizard (no microphone as already reported)

Trackpad was working after all

did you get your GTX 970M working? do i need a kext? i install the web driver but it reports nothing in slots?

just realised my system isn't recognising any PCI (including my SSD)

i am running OSX from my 1TB HDD

not recommand the usb wifi adapter, it will cause many problems, but you can use it. change wifi module is the best. 

about the sound driver, the auto switch may not work sometimes, you maybe need plugin headphone twice.

my GTX 970m not work too. i tested it and found it output signal thought HDMI. did you disabled the 970m in dsdt if web driver reports no card?

SSD can be detected. test with my EFI, i can't find what cause this, maybe config.plist, maybe dsdt.

post-1177937-0-92457200-1475222223_thumb.png

Can you guys share the .dsl version of the working DSDT ? (instead of the compiled version .aml provided here).

give you mine

dsdt.zip

• Like 1