Forum theme update?

8 posts in this topic

So, being a reader of this forum since 2012 I have never noticed any major changes or improvements in the forum appearance or functionality.

For me the browsing and general order and organisation of the forum is amazing.

I love it. I just think maybe it would be time for a little change in the general looks?

post-1517295-0-00705300-1455219865_thumb.png

At this point of time, InsanelyMac for me feels like it is made out of some cheap "Clearlooks" GTK2 theme. For a website as gracious and important and innovative like this one, the visual style seems a little outdated.

I think I speak for every user of this forum when I say I would appreciate some innovative website modifications, if it's not too bold to ask.

I end this message with my best wishes and regards for all the people that make this website possible, and that keep it alive.

• Like 1

I just think maybe it would be time for a little change in the general looks?

We have some (great) new ideas for our Forum database and skin.

But, i don't tell you how this gonna be, it's a surprise!!  ;)

When everything is done, this will be your reaction:

tumblr_mjl02zyska1r0k70yo1_500.gif

:D
  • Like 3

Idk, it just hurts my eyes, that is so white with this plastic blue on top. If it would be generally black with white text it would be much better for those long hours of reading the forums

We have some (great) new ideas for our Forum database and skin.

But, i don't tell you how this gonna be, it's a surprise!!  ;)

When everything is done, this will be your reaction:

:D

Nice one! 

Can we at least get to know in what month you plan to introduce? if its not too much pressure hahahah

Can we at least get to know in what month you plan to introduce? if its not too much pressure hahahah

No, we have no idea when it will be available.

You must understand that give a new Skin for a Forum is not the most important thing.

What's better. Have a beautiful appearance, or stable Forum?

Our Admins are having a hard job to do this, not would be nice rush them.

;)

• Like 2

I understand man! I really apreciate all the effort you guys make for the comunity!

Thanks for the reply! Will be waiting for you guys to blow my mid again like you did with teaching me how to solve all this nifty tricks :D

• Like 1

With the editor mode on, I have problems with the focus staying in the text field after pressing enter or arrow keys.

FF 44.0.1 on 10.11 with a load of addons installed. This forum is the only place where I get such problems, so I'm not going to change my habits here, it must be the forum.

Text mode it is for me, that one still works as expected.

Remove:

- The ton of JS you implement here. JS from 13 sites when replying? Really? I thought I'm on one website and not 13 websites. I don't want like buttons, if people want them, look here https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff For me, websites with a lot of bg JS are very unsympathic, however I know insanelymac from the beginning, that's why I ignore it for now.

- Remove the gradients, colors and glossyness. Focus should be on content and not looks.

In space you are faster the less weight you carry with you. Look at what's on Launchpads icon,

• Like 1