El capitan z170 gigabyte gaming 7

megatontnt

52 posts in this topic

No copying the DMG file is a first step of a very long procedure which I decided not to go through with it so I sent you the first link instead, it's much easier and the result is the same. did you find the Universal USB disk creator?

I guess there is something wrong with your OS X El Capitan installer. You didn't move the InstallESD.dmg file did you?

Check the contents of the the installer and see if it contains the InstallESD.dmg image file and if so check the file size of the OS X installer it must be around 6.2 GB

otherwise you need to re download the Installer from app store

I had that glitch without the patch and it disabled in BIOS and with the patch and it disabled in BIOS, and with the patch....etc.....etc.... until i used the solution I posted, but I'm sure he would be glad to listen to advice from someone who does not even have this board.

Just offering help.  I just remember the glitch on my gigabyte board before we had the IOAPIC patch from Pike or disabling it in bios.   Not sure why the hostility.

First of all you need to drop a USB disk drove into the window of Universal Mac OS X Installer and then when you asked to drop the Mac OS X installer app into the window. make sure that USB disk stays attached to your VMWare machine otherwise you'll get that error.

unplug and replug the USB disk and when WMVare asked you what to do make sure it remembers the action so if the installer unmounts the disk it stays connected to the VMWare not your host Operating system.

• 2 weeks later...

Also sometimes if you won't allow you to continue install its something to do with your clock time being wrong and therefore the installer can't be verified (especially if u can't get on the internet whilst installing).

Go into terminal and type DATE and get all the variables for today plus time entered correctly and retry the install.

just today i tried again and i succeed!!!!! :):thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

i used kexts for intel ethernet, done . i have internet.

how i use the creative kexts?

what nvidia web drivers, i have to download. After installation, how do i boot. ( now i use nv_disable=1) somewhere i saw nvda_dvr=1 or something similar?

1. For Nvidia web driver, see here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan/
2. After install it, then don't use "nv_disable=1". But use "nvda_drv=1"
3. If you got black screen then it' caused by "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" at "System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins". So try to edit "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext's info.plist". Check your board-id then set key from "config1" or "config2" to "none" and reinstall the kexts