El capitan z170 gigabyte gaming 7

megatontnt

52 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, you make a very good job on hackintosh.

I have a problem with installation, I made a bootable usb with clover v7 via VMware . I made the necessary changes at the bios,( f4) ( if someone have the same motherboard can you tell me the exact changes?) I am a newbie with hackintosh.

Thanks for your time

e9ad17104310a5936ebbc67ead212c50.jpg

You need to use the USB inject all kext, and the clover USB port increase patch.  Thats the way I got it to boot the installer on my gaming 7 anyways.  A lot of people have USB 2 ports on their z170 boards and they work easier initially to get booted.  Your gaming 7 only has USB 3.0 ports.  Even trying an adapter off of one of the headers for 2.0 on the motherboard I had no luck.  Then I used the inject all kext and the port fix and it worked.

I had that glitch without the patch and it disabled in BIOS and with the patch and it disabled in BIOS, and with the patch....etc.....etc.... until i used the solution I posted, but I'm sure he would be glad to listen to advice from someone who does not even have this board.

make sure XHCI hand off is enabled in your bios and use Pike's APIC patch in your config.plist

add the following under "KernelAndKextPatches" ----> "KextToPatch" which Pike's provided.

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC Patch by Piker's Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>
  • Like 1

make sure XHCI hand off is enabled in your bios and use Pike's APIC patch in your config.plist

add the following under "KernelAndKextPatches" ----> "KextToPatch" which Pike's provided.

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC Patch by Piker's Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>

how do i use it?

from where you took the config.plist?
you had to take the one in the EFI partition (hidden) of the pendrive, EFI/CLOVER folder.

Open terminal and write:

diskutil list 

it appear a thing like this:

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *120.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS OS X Yosemite           119.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS ElKap                   249.2 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3
/dev/disk2
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 TB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Archivio                2.0 TB     disk2s2

Identify the EFI partition of pendrive and write:

mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/efi (replace diskXs1 with the right EFI)

there are two possibilities: either your USB disk wasn't completely created by the installer you used or you might have a faulty memory module. Include your hardware specs in your signature so it could be troubleshoot easier.

1- Use CreateinstallMedia method. You are going to need a 8.0 GB or larger USB disk and El Capitan Installer which you already downloaded from App Store. If you are making a 10.11.1 or 10.11.2 usb installer use a 16 GB flash memory.

Partition and fromat your USB disk with “Disk Utility” to “GUID Partition Table” and name it Untitled. It is important to name the flash exactly the same as you can see in the command the volume which this command will you is named Untitled.

Use the following command in terminal, just copy the command as is in you terminal window then hit return and type in your password:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applcations/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

2- After the USB Disk is created, download and install Latest Clover to your USB Disk. Clover v. 3330 is the latest at the time.

and see how it goes.