DTrax

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I've been a hackintosh user for a while now and I've managed to successfuly build several builds (incl. from 10.5 till Yosemite).
I've bought a LG Ultrawide monitor (25UM57-P) and since then I've been struglin' to enable the full resolution. I've already read everything that google brings up, but didn't found anything to fix that.

I am runnin with full QE/CI and VGA works OOB but the pixels look terrible and all I see is blurry text.

The monitor is shown as a Television on my hackintosh (even on MBP 2009, MBP 2010, MBP 2014). 

The "Force to RGB Mode" fix didn't help 

If somebody is familiar with the problem, please respond as I get very desperated here.. 

Thanks in advance! All the best :)

My specs: 
MB: ASUS m5a99x Evo r2.0
CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5 ghz 
RAM: 16 gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600

VGA: Sapphire 6870 1 GB GDDR5

post-1193441-0-48947900-1444225490_thumb.png

post-1193441-0-79955300-1444225495.png

Hi, 

I've been a hackintosh user for a while now and I've managed to successfuly build several builds (incl. from 10.5 till Yosemite).

I've bought a LG Ultrawide monitor (25UM57-P) and since then I've been struglin' to enable the full resolution. I've already read everything that google brings up, but didn't found anything to fix that.

I am runnin with full QE/CI and VGA works OOB but the pixels look terrible and all I see is blurry text.

The monitor is shown as a Television on my hackintosh (even on MBP 2009, MBP 2010, MBP 2014). 

The "Force to RGB Mode" fix didn't help 

If somebody is familiar with the problem, please respond as I get very desperated here.. 

Thanks in advance! All the best :)

My specs: 

MB: ASUS m5a99x Evo r2.0

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5 ghz 

RAM: 16 gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600

VGA: Sapphire 6870 1 GB GDDR5

According to the information in "About this Mac" is written: 10.9 Build 13A603. But you write that you have installed Yosemite. Do you have the same problems with the graphics under Yosemite? Have you anything changed under S / L / Extension? Do you use a DSDT? Which kernel are you using? It is not easy without mire details to make a possible statement. Incidentally, the same graphics card can lead to different results under Intel or AMD hackintosh. Maybe you are missing other drivers?

just a guess.

According to the information in "About this Mac" is written: 10.9 Build 13A603. But you write that you have installed Yosemite. Do you have the same problems with the graphics under Yosemite? Have you anything changed under S / L / Extension? Do you use a DSDT? Which kernel are you using? It is not easy without mire details to make a possible statement. Incidentally, the same graphics card can lead to different results under Intel or AMD hackintosh. Maybe you are missing other drivers?

just a guess.

Thanks for response. I've tried this on: Mountain 10.8.5, Mavericks 10.9/10.9.5, Yosemite 10.10.1 (Niresh's) and the result is blury text and stuff... Didn't use any DSDT because my VGA works OOB as i said early. It got 60fps with Cinebench using the Duckweed framebuffer. With my old 1080p monitor there weren't any problems... Wrote to LG and it seems that they don't have an answer aswell, so i tought you guys could know the trick :) 

P.s. used mostly the Bronya kernels (depending on distro I am using) 

Mine say the same but no blur what so ever, wondering if that TV is really the problem...

K30Fwoq.png

As far as I found several results it is a slight problem and might affect your monitor's performance (colors and stuff) but if you don't have any problems you can easily switch on full RGB mode and the TV problem will dissapear. 

You can use this as a guide: http://www.ireckon.net/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

I think the most bizzare thing is that I can't get the full resolution on this monitor even on the Macbooks. I got Macbook pro 2010 with nvidia 320 which can support 2560x1600 maximum resolution and the best I got with it was 1080p and 1080i (which are TV resolution aswell). I think its a monitor problem and not VGA or driver issue

Ok, I seem to found the solution about this one and it's... very dull, but it works! Installed SwitchResX and found settings from the apple forum which worked (It's not the best but I can actualy read text and finaly use Final Cut) I'm attaching the settings here for anybody who is strugglin' with getting this resolution.

I've used SwitchResX 3.8.6 + miniDP to HDMI and it finaly worked. 
Tried to switch back on DVI-D but the screen remained blurry. 

About getting the 6870 working I've used: GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5 

Hope this info helps :) all the best!

post-1193441-0-33338100-1444581544_thumb.png

• Like 1