H61N-USB3 on Sierra with Clover

tluck

54 posts in this topic

Thank you very much! This community is awesome :-)

Anyway, I've managed to get the usb3 working, but I cannot find a way to get analog audio from alc899.

How can I troubleshoot it? Which logs do I need to look in?
As far as I got, the appleHDA kext should be the original one, and clover will patch it on the fly, right?

I discovered that if I do a xattr AppleHDA_ALC889.kext it says "com.apple.quarantine", so I removed the quarantine attribute with

sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine AppleHDA_ALC889.kext

then I made the same thing with the USBXHCI_injector.kext:

sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine USBXHCI_injector.kext

Now I finally got back my device in the sound preferences, but instead of the built-in device I got "Headphones" instead, and it doesn't work :(

(my front panel cable is disconnected from the mobo...)

Which logs could I post to troubleshoot it?

Thanks for your time :-)

@sekmo - yeah this audio kext I just realized is pretty limited and I don't have time to sort it out now. but headphones in this case is on the front panel. Anyway, I decided to move to using VoodooHDA which does find all the ports. I usually use HDMI audio so i hadn't really paid too much attention to which of the audio ports where working or not. sorry for the hassle.

@sekmo - do you mean the AppleHDA_ALC889 kext? for me headphone out is the front panel (green) -- which is fine for my case. but i decided to switch to voodooHDA. 

but to answer the question - you need to see if the kext is loaded by running

kextstat | grep HDA

you should see 3 kexts and AppleHDA is v 999.99

• 9 months later...

Hello, I am little new to USB3 in hackintosh. As far I used USB2 although  I have USB3 ports.

I have intel  dh61ag motherboard (http://ark.intel.com/products/54875/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61AG

I tried including the USBXHCI_injector.kext in clover, but the USB 3 doesnt show in system information. What should I do with the dsdt? I never used this

Please help me :)

How come most people are still using Voodoohda when AppleALC kext is fully capable of giving you sound with vanilla applehda.kext? If you're using a dsdt, just change the layout id to either 1 or 12. See which one works for you.

hmm. yes my "bundle" (and this post) is a bit out of date! 

1) moved to Sierra

2) USB3 - the FresnoLogic 1009 (FL1009) injector has been simplified by one written by rehab man

3) Audio - i starting using a ALC889 AppleHDA script from Toleda that works way better than VoodooHDA.

so yes.  I will have to check on the AppleALC to see how that compares. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tluck, just wanted to say thanks again for your great work.

I am a bit new to DSDT patching, i was able to get everything working using your bundle but now that I want to use my gtx660 i'm having boot problems.

Would it be best to try and just patch your dsdt to work with the 660 or should i keep trying to generate my own dsdt and patch that? 

I believe i have made progress but still can't get usb 3 to work, so far i have generated my own dsdt and applied the patch in the first post. Computer boots fine after the patch but still errors once i turn on usb3 in bios. 

Also i guess i could just be messing up the config plist for clover?

• 3 months later...

*Solved*

With both my prior dsdt and the one's linked in this thread the recent 10.12.4 Sierra Installer did not support the HDMI interface. Afterward installation, changing to the HDMI interface worked.

Anyone having issues with a KP in Sierra when initializing the HD3000 display/graphics towards the end of boot? I'm stable in 10.11.6 using the dsdt.aml and config.plist from this thread but get a reboot at display init.. disabling reboot on KP with clover I just get a flash of garble then a black screen.

H61N-USB3 F8

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having trouble with the USB 3.0 ports being limited to USB 2.0 speeds? I just did a fresh Sierra Install on this board (10.12.5) i5-2300 and GTX 650ti. DSDT is installed and Injector kext. USB 3.0 shows in System Profiler, but any device I plug in is limited to 480Mbps. Am I missing anything?

Awesome thread and great continued support for this board. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

@tluck I finally managed to give my machine a run last night and all went smooth up until I installed clover boot loader. Upon reboot, I just face a black screen. Is there a specific setting I need to select upon installing clover boot loader? Because I feel as though that's where the problem is coming from. What are the must have settings upon clover installation?

@tluck, ok i will try that.  What if i wanted to use a graphics card lets say like an 8400 gs from nvidia?  Don't i have to turn off something in the dsdt? The cpu im using now is the 3570k but i might use an i3 3225 i think if my memory serves me correctly.

@tluck I did what you mentioned and made sure I unchecked intel hd under clover and when it boots up I get no qe/ci. I really wanna know where I went wrong. I'm going to do a fresh install and see what happens. Btw I'm now using same ivy bridge chip as you so idk why I'm not able to get it to work.

@Blaggah - here is a recent full zip of EFI/CLOVER for a HD 4000 CPU (but I also include DSDT and config for a HD 3000 CPU)

this is right off my box running 10.12.6 with Clover 4194 (in legacy)

so should be able to replace your /Volume/ESP/EFI/CLOVER with this one and be good to go.

H61N-USB3.zip

• Like 1