macgihan

Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Install Guide(Yosemite/El capitan)

7 posts in this topic

Guide to install  Yosemite on Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 series !!!!!

mainly Dell Inspiron 3437 3537 3737 5437 5537 5737 7437 7537 7737

This original guide is this and all credit goes to "pokenguyen"(thanks bro)

post-1363094-0-92464700-1442915469_thumb.jpg          

Please note!!!
 It's always better to perform a full system+data backup of your current system.

What's working/not working:

• Built in webcam not working!!
  • By replacing Intel WiFi card with BCM4352HMB WiFi +BT working flawlessly(the card that i used is this )

Requirements.

• 8 GB or more USB flash drive(16GB required for El cap)
  • Empty/ ready to empty HDD/SSD to install OS X system alongside with your laptop.This guide can even use wisely to install most of the laptops with Intel processor with integrated graphics.
  • Internet connection(for some steps)
PRE-INSTALLATION:- STEP 1: Create a bootable USB

In this step you'll need to access to a real mac (or existing mackintosh) create a bootable usb.(if you have problems regarding how to create a bootable usb simply google it :D)

STEP 2:

CREATE OUR CLOVER USB DRIVE :

Now we can create our clover usb for clover boot loader
create a partition 'size>300Mb' and place this folder inside that usb
(for this step it's better if you can use separate USB flash drive for this task) 

STEP 3:
Bios Setup

• Update your system bios to latest version (currently A13),
  1.  Disk: AHCI
  2.  Intel Rapid Storage: Disabled
  3.  UEFI Boot: Enabled
  4.  Secure Boot: Disabled
  5.  Legacy Rom: Enabled
STEP 4:
Boot into OS X :

• Now  turn off your laptop and plug both clover USB and bootable OS X USB and boot from your clover USB.(press F12 at boot)
  • If everything goes well Clover boot-loader screen will show up !!!
  • Then you need to press F4 button to extract DSDT/SSDT for your laptop(don''t worry i'll explain this later -Just follow the guide carefully)
  • Extraction DSDT/SSDT may take while(about 5-6 seconds) so please wait until complete the process(you can feel that while extraction DSDT/SSDT system may not response to your key presses).
  • select Boot OS X Install from "name of your  OS X Installer partition").
  • If you're get lucky to get into welcome screen(most of time you should) use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition to install Yosemite/El Capitan.
  • After installation complete (may take about 20-30 minuets-depending on your HDD/SSD speed)
  • After installation completed system will ask to restart the machine and this stage also you must boot with your clover usb and then select partition which you installed OS X Yosemite.(it's better not to sign in to your apple id and back off from apple services until you get a stable rig)
  • If everything goes well, you can boot in to Yosemite desktop

POST INSTALLATION:-

STEP 5:

After finished the pre-installation,there are several methods to complete the post installation so here i'll be guiding you the simplest method with great tool ( thanks to pokenguyen for creating such tool)

• Download this tool here .and select
  1.  CloverUEFI
  2.  RTL8111 (for 7x37) or RTL8100 Ethernet (for 3x37-5x37)
  3.  Tools > IASL
  4.  Tools > Clover Configurator.
  5.  Tools > SSDTGenerator.
  6.  Fixes > Hibernate Mode > Disable Hibernate

STEP 6:

• After installation finished of the above step the EFI partition will mounted automatically. 
  • Copy config.plist from your USB to (/EFI/Clover/ of EFI partition), then use "Clover Configurator" to IMPORT config.plist (in EFI partition) and edit those values:
    • Uncheck: ACPI > Generate PStates/CStates.
    • SMBIOS: create your new SMBIOS (Macbook Pro 11,1 or Macbook Air 6,2) with appropriate  Serial Number.
  • Then EXPORT config.plist to /EFI/Clover/ of EFI partition.(not to your usb path)
  • Copy from (/Extra/SSDT.aml ) to (/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/)
STEP 7:

Now navigate to (/EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/) from USB (which dumped by F4 at Clover screen). 

1. Create a "DSDT" folder on desktop then copy only DSDT.aml, SSDT-*.aml files to DSDT folder.(it is important "only" word because if you copy unwonted 
  2.  Go to terminal and type:

cd ~/Desktop/DSDTiasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

• The decompiled *.dsl files will be created in DSDT folder. 
Now get this MaciASL IDE and install from here (thanks to RehabMan  tool)
configure MaciASL to,

STEP 8:Patching  DSDT.. 

Go to Desktop>DSDT and find dsdt.dsl and apply

• close preference panel and press "patch" button and apply following code:

(Original codes by "pokenguyen" )

# Syntax errors
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.PEG0\) remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.PEG0\.PEGP\) remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.RP05\.PEGP\) remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.PEG0,\sUnknownObj\) remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.PEG0\.PEGP,\sUnknownObj\) remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.PCI0\.RP05\.PEGP,\sUnknownObj\) remove_matched;
into method label _L69 code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB\.PCI0\.PEG0\.PEGP,\s0x02\) remove_matched;
into method label ADBG replace_content begin Return(0) end;

into method label HRPR code_regex (OperationRegion.*)\\_GPE.MMTB\s+\(0x04\), replace_matched begin %1\\_GPE.MMTB, 0x04)\n end;
into method label HRPR code_regex (Field\s+\(HRPE.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\})\) replace_matched begin %1 end;
into method label _WAK code_regex Store\s\(\\_GPE\.MMTB\s\(Local2,\s\\_GPE\.OSUP\s\(Local2\)\),\sStore\s\(Local1,\sREG6\)\) remove_matched;
into method label _INI code_regex Store\s\(\\_GPE\.MMTB\s\(Local3,\s\\_GPE\.OSUP\s\(Local3\)\),\sStore\s\(Local2,\sREG6\)\) remove_matched;

into method label _INI parent_label _SB.PCI0 code_regex (Store\s\(\\_GPE\.MMTB.*) replace_matched begin // %1 end;                                                                        
into method label _WAK code_regex (Store\s\(\\_GPE\.MMTB.*) replace_matched begin // %1 end;

# Prevent freeze caused by WMI
into method label WMIA replace_content begin // nothing end;

# Force BAT0 device
into method label _STA parent_label BAT0 replace_content begin Return (0x1F) end;

# Fix PNOT method
into method label PNOT replace_content begin // nothing end;

#     Enable functions keys
#     Override DSDT oemId (for Clover, since it patches with "Apple ")
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        // Note: Function key part seems to not be necessary
        // "AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "RM,oem-id", "DELL",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

and press compile  
if no errors

Press again patch and paste this code:

into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
{\n
 Return (Package()\n
 {\n
  "RM,oem-id", "DELL",\n
  "RM,oem-table-id", "HSW-LPT",\n
 })\n
}\n
end;

Press compile, if no errors:

Click Patch again, then apply extra patches from Laptop patches (Require Internet connection):

•  Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  •  7/8-series USB
  •  IRQ Fix
  •  SMBUS Fix
  •  RTC Fix
  •  Shutdown Fix 2
  •  HPET Fix
  •  OS Check Fix
  •  AC Adapter Fix
  •  Add MCHC
  •  Fix _WAK arg0 2
  •  Add IMEI

here are those patches:

post-1363094-0-02766400-1442917480_thumb.png

Press compileClick Compile if no errors, you're good to go!!!

• Save  it to ACPI Machine Language Library
  • Name DSDT.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of your EFI partition).

STEP 9:Patching SSDT files..

• Again go to Desktop>DSDT and find ssdt-7.dsl and apply
  1. Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  2. Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  3. Brightness fix (Haswell)

Click Compile,if no error, go ahead and save the file > File Format: ACPI Machine Language Library, name> SSDT-1.aml to [/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ ]

There is a model  with nvidia/AMD separate graphics chip..

if you have that model find SSDT-8.dsl and apply:
(Original codes by "pokenguyen" )
into scope label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 remove_entry;

into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\((.*_SB_\.PCI0\.GFX0\.DD02\._BCM),\s+IntObj\) replace_matched begin External(%1, MethodObj) end;
into method label _BCM parent_label DD02 code_regex Return\s+\(([^\)]*)\)\n.*Arg0 replace_matched begin %1(Arg0) end;
into method label _BCM parent_label DD02 code_regex Return\s+\(([^\)]*)\)[^\n]*\n.*Arg0 replace_matched begin %1(Arg0) end;
into method label WMMX code_regex If\s\(CondRefOf\s\(\\_SB\.PCI0\.GFX0\._DSM[^}]*\} replace_matched begin //nothing end;

# rename GFX0
into_all all code_regex \.GFX0 replaceall_matched begin .IGPU end;
into_all all label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 set_label begin \_SB.PCI0.IGPU end;

# call _OFF from _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP
into method label _INI parent_label \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP code_regex . insert begin _OFF()\n end;
Click Compile , If no error, save the file with File Format> ACPI Machine Language Library, name >SSDT-2.aml to [/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ ]
  if there is SSDT-9.dsl>>patch:apply this:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\((.*_SB_\.PCI0\.GFX0\.DD02\._BCM),\s+IntObj\) replace_matched begin External(%1, MethodObj) end;
into method label _BCM parent_label DD02 code_regex Return\s+\(([^\)]*)\)\n.*Arg0 replace_matched begin %1(Arg0) end;
into method label _BCM parent_label DD02 code_regex Return\s+\(([^\)]*)\)[^\n]*\n.*Arg0 replace_matched begin %1(Arg0) end;
into method label WMMX code_regex If\s\(CondRefOf\s\(\\_SB\.PCI0\.GFX0\._DSM[^}]*\} replace_matched begin //nothing end;

# rename GFX0
into_all all code_regex \.GFX0 replaceall_matched begin .IGPU end;
into_all all label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 set_label begin \_SB.PCI0.IGPU end;

Click Compile, If no error, save the file with File Format >ACPI Machine Language Library, name >SSDT-2.aml to [ /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ ]

post-1363094-0-62359100-1442917889_thumb.png

STEP 10:Installing the essential kexts

post-1363094-0-76062600-1442917984_thumb.png

get those:(thanks to RehabMan)

1. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads
  2. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads
  3. https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch/archive/master.zip
  4. https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID ( FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2+FakePCIID.kext)

and install using kext utility/kexts wizard

STEP 11:Get working WIFI+BT with BCM4352

follow this guide 

Fix ALC 283 audio:(thanks to  RehabMan )

Use this repo to add config patches and install AppleHDA_ALC283_kext to fix audio

STEP 13 : reset network settings

- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Go to System Preferences > Network, delete all connection. Then restart!!!

Try  mentioned Steps carefully ,you'll be able to install OS X on your laptop very easily Good Luck!!!!!! 

Advertisement

I have booted and installed clover bootloader, patched DSDT and failed to patch SDST, so i went for a reboot.

Now el capitan doesnt boot up, the error message is shown on the image below.

4af6a8a797164ce1bc4882cdf6e7d066.png

What can i do to fix it?

And while trying to patch sdst7 i got the error PARSEOP_INTEGER, how to fix it?