Osx for i5 6600k z170 ?

Mandeep148

11 posts in this topic

FakeCPU is not the issue as the kernel allready has support.

Only way I managed to get it to boot was by using a PCIe SATA card and a GFX card. Even then once at desktop it was very slugish.

Would you be willing to give more details on this? Bootloader, settings, etc? 

My computer crashes (reboots) so early in the boot process that the verbose doesn't even have time to display anything useful. The screen quickly flashes:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

...and then reboots.

This is on an i5 6600k using Clover.

Any and all guidance is appreciated. Not expecting full or even good performance, just something.

Edit: FWIW, I've managed to get past this screen via persistence (ie, keep rebooting and it eventually works). However, I'm still getting kernel panics later in the boot process, and the above error (in addition to another "out of memory" one  that sometimes decides to pop up) is making experimenting via trial and error very, very difficult.

@PJALM, I'd still appreciate any and all information on how you managed to boot via Skylake. Bootloader, arguments, whatever... any and all tidbits you can dig up/recall would be a world of help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would you be willing to give more details on this? Bootloader, settings, etc? 

My computer crashes (reboots) so early in the boot process that the verbose doesn't even have time to display anything useful. The screen quickly flashes:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

...and then reboots.

This is on an i5 6600k using Clover.

Any and all guidance is appreciated. Not expecting full or even good performance, just something.

Edit: FWIW, I've managed to get past this screen via persistence (ie, keep rebooting and it eventually works). However, I'm still getting kernel panics later in the boot process, and the above error (in addition to another "out of memory" one  that sometimes decides to pop up) is making experimenting via trial and error very, very difficult.

@PJALM, I'd still appreciate any and all information on how you managed to boot via Skylake. Bootloader, arguments, whatever... any and all tidbits you can dig up/recall would be a world of help!

Mine also crashes that that screen, no reboot tho.

• 3 months later...

hi,

first of all im extremely sorry if this question have been asked for many times, im new here,

i just build system, gtx 970, i5 6600k obviously with z170 asus gaming pro.

is the testing has been start?

any success? guide me please..

if already success give me link please.

Did you manage to build your system ? I have similar components. 

I got a Q170 – Apple matching – with i5-6500(none K model) going, but it was extremely difficult.

Edit: Sorry. I somehow lost the "none" part. Fixed!

so new imacs chipset is q170? what is the LPC device id? can't find it in AppleLPC.kext/info.plist....

thanks.