Any of the Apple Pro Software Working?

tripwu

16 posts in this topic

Here is what's working so far :

After effects Pro 6.5

Photoshop CS 2

Shake 4.0 (and 3.5) won't install :

"Shake cannot be installed on system that does not meet the following requirements :

Mac OS X 10.3.6 or later

Quicktime 6.5 or later

512 MB RAM or better

G4, G5 processor or greater"

Maya 7.0 the instalation process seems to run fine but the liscence wizard obviously can't resolve the mac address of the network card so it so liscence file stays unvalid whatever i do. :(

eventhough my computer meet those requirement (not for the G4,G5 i'm running on a intel of course) i still get this error message :(

Is shake working on anybody else computer ?

Shake 4.0 (and 3.5) won't install :

"Shake cannot be installed on system that does not meet the following requirements :

[...]

G4, G5 processor or greater"

eventhough my computer meet those requirement i still get this error message  :(

Wow, you are implying your x86 box is equipped with a G4/G5 PowerPC processor?

Shake 4 - Needs g4/g5

Shake 3.5 - "" ""

Motion 2 -  ""  ""

FCP 4 and 5 - "" ""

Only thing that did install

Logic Pro

Logic Pro Express

for everyone trying 2 install fcp and are getting a needs g4/g5 error. I know there's a hack for fcp that lets you install it on g3. I used it for my g3 ibook, and fcp works fine, a little slow but it does what I need it 2. someone should try it on osx86...I don't have it otherwise I'd give it a shot....

• 3 weeks later...

For FCP Studio, simply remove the file "InstallationCheck" from every package in the install folder on the cd and you're good to go for installing everything (other than Motion)

A good bit of functionality is lost with the nonfunctional Cocoa DV libraries however....

• 2 months later...

i got shake installed, it just wont run. the first time i tried it i got the g4/5 error, but after i patched everything and got the ati driver installed it didnt give me the error. i got FCP 5 installed with no problems. anyone have an idea why shake would install and not run if fcp worked?

I've just try now and also for me it start be it shut down immediatly after 1 or 2 seconds. When I launch it from the inside of the package (shake in the folder macosx) it launch the terminal and I can see on it that shake shut down because of an instruction that he can interpretate.

whouuuuuuuuhouuuu god news, with the new patch from maxxuss shake and motion works, for the others I dont know. I'll test soon.

Thank you maxxuss.

PS: works on SSE3 no nx

Maybe (or better probably) i'm stupid but i cant find the files that do the installation check... i can see every file on the disk but nothing like installationcheck

im trying to install final cut pro 5..

anyone who could help me?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...