handoff-hotspot patch

RehabMan

12 posts in this topic

I created a handoff patch based on DoktorDok's patch in CAT.

Comment: 10.11.dp BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok patch
Name: IOBluetoothFamily
Find: <4885ff74 47488b07>
Replace: <41be0f00 0000eb44>
Not really tested yet, just verified that handoff/hotspot shows in System Information.

Note: Specific to Broadcom (DoktorDok's patch for 10.10.x may be more generic)...

• Like 4

Cheers! I came up with the same binary patch as yours. And it works on my machine.

Yes, someone else pointed that out (in PM). It would have been nice had google found it for me. I could have had an hour of my life back :-)

Since both of us came up with the same, confirmation it must be close to Dokterdok's intention.

• Like 1

I created a handoff patch based on DoktorDok's patch in CAT.

Comment: 10.11.dp BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok patch
Name: IOBluetoothFamily
Find: <4885ff74 47488b07>
Replace: <41be0f00 0000eb44>
Not really tested yet, just verified that handoff/hotspot shows in System Information.

Note: Specific to Broadcom (DoktorDok's patch for 10.10.x may be more generic)...

I'm not sure I'm entering the patch correctly.  Does it require the space in each string?

I'm not sure I'm entering the patch correctly.  Does it require the space in each string?

Make sure you use a plist editor, such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. Xcode uses < > for hex data in <data> items.

Make sure you use a plist editor, such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. Xcode uses < > for hex data in <data> items.

Got it working.  It wasn't the manner in which I entered the patch.  I had used PlistEdit Pro after trying Clover Configurator.  However, because this was not my main config.plist for Clover, the patch was in a file I called config2.plist.  When booting up, I would enter Clover options and type in config2 for the config option.  Apparently, it was already too late in the boot process (or config2 wasn't recognized) and hence, no working handoff patch.  

Is there a better way to use multiple config.plist files for Clover that you are aware of?

Is there a better way to use multiple config.plist files for Clover that you are aware of?

I simply rename config.plist as needed. (eg. config_test1.plist, config_test2.plist, rename/move/copy to config.plist as required).

• 2 months later...

If your gonna use this patch while editing your config.plist file as text use below.

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Enable: Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 Continuity Support</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
</dict>

• Like 1

If your gonna use this patch while editing your config.plist file as text use below.

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Enable: Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 Continuity Support</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
</dict>

It is a correct translation of post #1.

Note: I don't recommend editing config.plist with a text editor (which is why I didn't provide it in XML). Too much chance for human error.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...