Bug connexion iMessage El Capitan with Clover

simras

7 posts in this topic

Hello after update to El Capitan with Clover, when i try to connect to iMessage or iCloud, i have this error in the picture.

In Yosemite, i have no problem, i use a real Board Seriel Number, smUUID, ROM, MLB from a real mac and the series is generate and he is unique.

So if someone can help me.

Thanks

Hello after update to El Capitan with Clover, when i try to connect to iMessage or iCloud, i have this error in the picture.

In Yosemite, i have no problem, i use a real Board Seriel Number, smUUID, ROM, MLB from a real mac and the series is generate and he is unique.

So if someone can help me.

Thanks

Not a problem here - in fact, iMessage works in El Cap, but never did in Yosemite.

Can't test FaceTime (no webcam), and due to USB 3.0 issues, I'm not sure adding one would be worth it until those issues get fixed.

Surprise, surprise - FaceTime ALSO signs in sans issues in El Cap (wouldn't work at all in Yosemite - same Apple ID, too, which is the really weird part).

$0.64USD question - best external webcam that supports FaceTime AND can be used with USB 2.0 or less.  (I have been considering Logitech 525/Microsoft LifeCam or newer OVC webcams that are known to work with FaceTime.)

Edited by PGHammer21B

• 3 months later...

$0.64USD question - best external webcam that supports FaceTime AND can be used with USB 2.0 or less.  (I have been considering Logitech 525/Microsoft LifeCam or newer OVC webcams that are known to work with FaceTime.)

I can confirm the Logitech C525 Webcam works perfect under OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Just plugged it into my Hackintosh and OS X picked it up immediately and FaceTime recognized the camera and started using it. The Logitech C525 is also a really nice camera, picture is very clear and the webcam also has built in autofocus which is nice.

I also am having the connection Error with iMessages, FaceTime and AppStore, it has to due with the new Security that they have Added with 2 party Authentication... 

don't know what they are checking against now but I am getting allot of not authenticated sandbox Errors...

and I have real #'s off an old Broken imac

Hello,

After installing El Capitan GM, I also got an error with iMessage : the contact are not activate with the service...

It appears that my ROM/MLB value are the cause of the problem. On Yosemite, and before with Mavericks, I used my MBA MLB & ROM values. But now with El Capitan, or maybe after installing from zero El Capitan, those values seems not permitting using iMessage & FaceTime anymore.

I can connect and activate the service, but when I want to chat with someone with whom it works on my MBA, i get an error telling me this email's contact isn't registered with iMessage.

Here an example of what I get : (with a fake email, so for this one it's normal :D)

post-1379732-0-69061800-1442933667.png

I tried to change the SMBIOS Values with CloverConfigurator... It works for one time, and after reboot, the error occurred again.

But I find a way to get iMessage working.

How I managed to get iMessages working ?

I deleted all SMBIOS values and MLB/ROM from my config.plist, disconnect from all Apple services (iCloud, Messages...) and reboot. Eventually delete all files related to iMessage and other apple configuration files.

Start ‘Show all Files’ and select 'Show' ..... start-up Finder and navigate to:-

/StartupDrive/Users/~Username/Library/Caches
Delete all files and folders beginning with the following prefixes:-
  • com.apple.iCloudHelper
  • com.apple.Messages
  • com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent
Now navigate to:-

/StartupDrive/Users/~Username/Library/Preferences
Delete all files and folders beginning with the following prefixes:-
  • com.apple.iChat.
  • com.apple.icloud.
  • com.apple.imagent.
  • com.apple.imessage.
  • com.apple.imservice.
  • com.apple.ids.service
And these two files :-
  • com.apple.madrid.plist
  • com.apple.imessage.bag.plist.
(Optional) delete the message folder:-

/StartupDrive/Users/~Username/Library/Messages

I checked with iMessage_debug the value I have : still the same... WTF...

I disconnect from internet , and I set new values with CloverConfigurator, but not setting MLB/ROM, still not present in config.plist.

Reboot.

And see the SMBIOS values has changed, but the MLB doesn't...

After severals reboot, still unchanged...

So, I tried new SMBIOS values again. But this time, I created a MLB with my S/N adding 5 random numbers/letters after to get a 17 long MLB string.

I fixed it in config.plist, reboot. And go to CloverConfigurator again to generate the rom value with this section by filling the values and hitting Generate button.

post-1379732-0-27558200-1442934226_thumb.png

Save the config.plist and then reboot again.

Check with iMessage_debug the values are persistent.

Connect again iMessages, and see that now it's working. Connect iCloud. Reboot and check again.

Now I have iMessage working.

It'a a pain in the ass i admit !

post-1379732-0-69061800-1442933667_thumb.png

• Like 2

One token per MLB:ROM.

Having had the same issues, I did some snooping and found a cure that doesn't have a chance at blacklisting your account.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/36dzg9/mlb_and_rom_verification_question/

Simple Main Logic Board (MLB) Serial Generator Script · GitHub

the guys over on Reddit (possibly same ones here I take no claim to any of the information) solved the issue by writing a MLB generator that goes off your NIC's Mac address just like the real MLB does. so you can use the same information you have been using as long as you follow the above directions about setting your up the files for generating the valid MLB for your hack.

HBP.

Edited for Spelling Errors and to rephrase my opening statement. (sorry sometimes I come across harshly) 

Edited by HBP112358

• 4 weeks later...