[GUIDE] MSI H81M Motherboards - Basics of a Computer Build - Budget Hackintosh Builds - UEFI Dualboot - OS X El Capitan WIP*

152 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

This is my first time posting here and i am trying this guide to dualboot OSX and Windows 10

everything went well installing osx. now trying to install windows, but it gives me different errors everytime.

right now when trying to install it, it keeps coming up with: Cannot prepare for boot in the next fase. or something like that. im dutch so i translated the dutch error to english.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Need help creating the installer, i've installed Yosemite zone in order to make the El Capitan installer with the instructions provided in this guide but every time i select the USB as the target drive the installation fails.. i've tried everything i can think of.. it isn't giving a reason just to contact the vendor..

My specs are:-

MSI H81M -E33 mobo

Intel I3 -4330

Intel HD 4600 (although i do have a Geforce 730 4GB in another pc)

8GB Corsair vengeance DDR3

Need help creating the installer, i've installed Yosemite zone in order to make the El Capitan installer with the instructions provided in this guide but every time i select the USB as the target drive the installation fails.. i've tried everything i can think of.. it isn't giving a reason just to contact the vendor..

MSI H81M -E33 mobo

Intel I3 -4330

I did the exact same thing with mine. Installed Yosemite Zone on my hackintosh, and through virtual machine on my laptop, neither of them worked, kept coming up with errors ( possibly something to do with the usb 3.0) I eventually went and bought a cheap early 2008 MacBook, used that and had success.

MSI H81M -E33 mobo

Intel I3 -4330

What do you mean USB as target drive? You mean you want to install OS X on a USB Drive? Must be formatted as GUID HFS Journaled. It should be obvious that native intel usb ports should be used when installing OS X. Then after you can fix the other USB 3.0 ports that are non intel.

thanks for the reply's, 

Moosehead1, thanks, at least i know im not the only one that's had this problem using YZ to prep the USB installer.. I'm gonna assume its a problem using YZ.. I've bought a vanilla USB installer for less than £10 so I'm going to wait for that to come through this week then take up the challenge again..

Ghostraider, i meant when creating the USB installer with Clover SE v2.3.. Clover starts writing then fails, I've tried all the Usb ports and its just coming up with the same error, so I've shelved this for the time being whilst i wait on the pre-made USB installer.. YZ was installed on an older 250Gb hd to download El Capitan, create the installer and have a practice run through the guide before clearing off my 4TB hd which will be the main drive..

• Like 1

thanks for the reply's, 

Moosehead1, thanks, at least i know im not the only one that's had this problem using YZ to prep the USB installer.. I'm gonna assume its a problem using YZ.. I've bought a vanilla USB installer for less than £10 so I'm going to wait for that to come through this week then take up the challenge again..

Ghostraider, i meant when creating the USB installer with Clover SE v2.3.. Clover starts writing then fails, I've tried all the Usb ports and its just coming up with the same error, so I've shelved this for the time being whilst i wait on the pre-made USB installer.. YZ was installed on an older 250Gb hd to download El Capitan, create the installer and have a practice run through the guide before clearing off my 4TB hd which will be the main drive..

If Clover Installer failed on El Capitan, its about the SIP Security, so disable SIP 

and restart Installer Clover

cannot get sound working with hd4600 hdmi :(

I see. Unfortunately I never needed HDMI audio on my computer so I haven't explored on making it work. However, you will need to do some work to get it working. I can't post the link to the forum here due to forum rules, but it should help you to fix the problem, if it works. Using Google, search for "Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]". It should be the first result on the page. Hope that helps.

cannot get sound working with hd4600 hdmi :(

Can someone check my efi folder maybe something is missing or wrong?

Have you tried using RehabMan's FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext? It might help with HDMI audio. Haven't tried it myself but it might work, Oh and make sure you have the right Audio Codec for your mobo.

Kind Regards

Moosehead1

Hi, great work with the tutorial and ton of work and testings you guys have done?

My specs
MSI H81M-E33
Intel G3258
AMD 280X
Intel 520 SSD(win)
WD 80GB(10.11 not from clean installer but from torrent for pc raw)

If I get OS X working good enough then I'll do a clean install to ssd.

The CloverALC link not working anymore.
I'll tune my clover settings now, I'm using cpu fakeid 0x0106E0 and no int. graphics or nvidia stuff in conf file.

Making now clean installer and let's see how it goes?

Edit: Ok, new usb installer boots. Now time to make a clean install. By the way tried 10.11.4 combo update and all still works?

Thanks again.

I follow the guide, but I get a kernel panic:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8818acf334):"Unable to find driver for this platform : \"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.40.184/lokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665

Can someone check my EFI folder there is maybe something wrong.

DSDT patched and SIP is disabled.

You seem to use lot of ACPI fixes... does it all have to be there? On my e33 v1 they are not needed.

I fix the kernel panic, now I got this error:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

This error come with OsxAptioFix2Drv and OsxAptioFixDrv.

I have the same info at startup, but system works fine.

Only thing that I have found is that my 280x won't wake... but it's a known problem for many users.

Firstly i'd just like to thank Ghostraider for a great tutorial which has given me the motivation to finally switch over to hackintosh.. I've played around with the idea for a few years now trying Niresh's Mavericks & Yosemite Zone's (on an AMD)and never really sticking to it, always giving in at figuring out the boot flag stage.. Now though I have a semi working UEFI dual boot system.. 10.10.5 & win 10 with clover as the loader :thumbsup_anim:

Now on to the issue... :( I can't for the life of me seem to get the on board or HDMI audio working. So before I go into the audio issue further i'll give you all a bit of info on my set up..

Intel Core i3-4330

MSI H81M-E33 (graphics ports 1 x HDMI connected to 32 inch Tv & 1 x VGA connected to 17 inch monitor with no HDMI port)

Intel HD 4600 graphics

8GB Corsair DDR3 1600

4TB Hybrid Drive

Using Boot Flags cpus=4 npci=0x2000(or I get stuck) nv_disable=1 to boot

I've set up the HDMI on the tv and the VGA on the monitor to allow ease of use as the post / clover boot screen doesn't show through the HDMI cable, so it is loading to the apple logo on the monitor then switching to the HDMI to login to OSx.

The native sound is ALC887, which is split (definetly not this causing the problem as I've checked with 2 sets of headphones) from the green line out port on the motherboard to both the monitor and the TV, as I can set the TV's HDMI channel to accept Either analog or HDMI sound input.

I've tried the link in step one of the audio installation part of the guide but that comes up with a 404, so I downloaded the pack from Toleda's Audio/cloverALC GitHub page.. with no results... after trying all the command files then restarting the closest I've came is it recognizing the audio but still not playing any sound..

I've tried every line out port on the motherboard, switched the audio input on the HDMI and tried them all again to no avail and also done this whilst choosing each of the output selections from the system preferences / sound pane..

​any help getting either Native sound (as per the guide) or HDMI sound would be appreciated..

Thanks for the reply's.. i finally got it working using Toledo's HDAEnabler and selecting analog audio input on the TV instead of playing through the HDMI.. if only iMessage and FaceTime worked it would be complete.. tried a few guides but no luck..

Regardless of those apps i would like to say a MASSIVE thanks to GhostRaider for the fantastic guide and a UEFI Yosemite / Win 10 dual boot computer.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're having problems getting HDMI audio to work, try searching for 'HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg'.

You then need to mount the dmg, open terminal and type 'cd /Volumes/HDMIAudio', the type, './install.sh'.

Worked a treat for me.

Glad this worked for you Dasumianco81. I'd tried for ages to get HDMI audio working. But this patch was the one that should've put an end to my sleepless nights. But now my housemates find it a lot easier to blast out tunes all night, so.....

First of all thank you for this well written guide.

By following this guide to the text, a noob like me finally able to put OSX yosemite 10.10.5 on my msi h81i motherboard. Strange thing happen to the usb 3.0 port on the backpanel. When i boot my system with a usb stick plug in to it, then the backpanel usb 3.0 port is working flawlessly during up time. But when i boot my system and no usb stick plug in to the backpanel usb 3.0 port, this port became unusable, osx can't detect any usb stick i plug in it. Dou you have any idea of how to solve this problem? TIA

My system:

Intel i5 4460

MSI H81i

2x4Gb RAM

IntelHD 4600

this is my pc spec

Mobo : gigabyte H81m-s

Cpu  :  i3 4130

ram : 8 gb

graphics : AMD Radeon HD 5450

Intel HD 4400

can i install os x yosemite or El capitan in this system? Can i use this guide to prepare an installer for this spec? please help me.

if someone has the exact mobo, please upload your efi partition for me. it will be a great help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent guide, Ghostraider. Very thorough and readable. Deserves more than a beer!

However, still cannot boot.  I have the MSI H81M-E34 with Pentium G3258, 8gb ram and wish to use the integrated graphics (I also have access to GTX 950).

I have modified Clover with the following:

Gfx section: Inject Intel, ig-platform-id (0x0166000A)

Kernel+Kext patches: AppleRTC, KernelPM, FakeCPUID (0x0306A0)

SMBIOS: iMac 13,1

I have not copied FakePCIID amd FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400

I attach a screenshot of my failure!  Does it make sense to anyone?

Cheers.

post-1148105-0-92841200-1473514405_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hello,your guide is very good.

i try to install el capitan via clover and when i run clover the first time to install 

• Installer OS X Yosemite
  • Install for UEFI Booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP

the first choice isn't in clover.only 2,3,.the app is in application folder and clover is  v2,3 r3793.

plz some help. 

my specs.

h81m-e34

i3 4330

asus gt force 730

8 ram 1336

320 gb hdd

• Like 1

hello,your guide is very good.

i try to install el capitan via clover and when i run clover the first time to install

• Installer OS X Yosemite
the first choice isn't in clover.only 2,3,.the app is in application folder and clover is v2,3 r3793.

plz some help.

my specs.

h81m-e34

i3 4330

asus gt force 730

8 ram 1336

320 gb hdd

I'm not understanding your problem. You shouldn't worry about OS X Yosemite if you are trying to install El Capitan.

ghostraider sorry for my mistake

i try to install el capitan.

first i begin with clover correct?

i run clover to install this

• Installer OS X el capitan
but miss from clover the app el capitan.

here is screenshot

image.png