Yosemite QE/CI and VGA on Lenovo G570 i5-2450M Intel HD 3000

xorg

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, I have successfully installed Yosemite on my Lenovo G570 Core i5-2450M with Intel HD 3000.

I am getting full resolution 1360x768 on my external monitor [detected] by patching AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext. I am using Chameleon boot loader.

But I am neither getting QE nor CI on my external vga monitor!!!

Please help. Please someone help.

Hey Allan Thank You man. But my device id is 0126 and I do not want dual link (1366x768).

BTW what are graphics-options used for? And what is "onboard-1" under had-gfx used for? Very curious to know. :) Thank You

1 = graphics-options, i don't use HD 3000, so per hour i can't inform you about what this value do. Sorry man..

2 = "onboard-1", this value is for enable audio, because in the HDEF entry you will put this same value and your HDMI audio will be enabled, but as you use VGA the sound function don't exists.

Thank You Allan. :) I tried it. But I think it is not working because I am still getting screen flickers. 

I am using IGPEnabler and IGPlatformID bootflags in Chameleon.

My laptop has eDP connector which does not support QE/CI but I am not using the internal display but VGA, so this should not be an issue,right?

Also I have Resolution module installed for Chameleon, is this conflicting with the DSDT edit while injecting EDID?

Please help. I am so confused. I can't figure out why?!!! :(  

Update:

I solved my problem after 3  sleepless nights and I'm happy!!!

Happy Days for those who have eDP connector in their internal display. Now you can have full QE/CI through the VGA port!!

Though my laptop has an eDP connector, I still could enable full acceleration with QE/CI on my VGA Monitor. Below is the solution no one could figure out. I am running Yosemite 10.10.2. You need the following kexts in System/Library/Extensions

AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext  (patched to enable VGA and HDMI)

AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

A big thank you to everyone who tried to help me!!

EDIT: You also need to extract DSDT using DPCI Manager and place it in Extra folder for this to work properly

• 2 years later...

Update:

I solved my problem after 3  sleepless nights and I'm happy!!!

Happy Days for those who have eDP connector in their internal display. Now you can have full QE/CI through the VGA port!!

Though my laptop has an eDP connector, I still could enable full acceleration with QE/CI on my VGA Monitor. Below is the solution no one could figure out. I am running Yosemite 10.10.2. You need the following kexts in System/Library/Extensions

AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext  (patched to enable VGA and HDMI)

AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

A big thank you to everyone who tried to help me!!

EDIT: You also need to extract DSDT using DPCI Manager and place it in Extra folder for this to work properly

could you please provide kexts . I didn't understand your way to make g570 hdmi working .I have same laptop and have problem with Sierra .  thanks