Status of Unlocker 2.0

Donk

226 posts in this topic

Donk,

Glad to see you have decided to continue with your excellent work, I am here to help, just let me know how I can be of assistance. I have Fusion 7.1.0, Workstation 11.0.0 and Player 7.0.0 all running natively and non nested as well as ESXi 5.5 and 6.

I am sure we are all happy to install Python 2 or 3 on our Windows systems to support your script.

MSoK.

Donk,

Glad to see you have decided to continue with your excellent work, I am here to help, just let me know how I can be of assistance. I have Fusion 7.1.0, Workstation 11.0.0 and Player 7.0.0 all running natively and non nested as well as ESXi 5.5 and 6.

I am sure we are all happy to install Python 2 or 3 on our Windows systems to support your script.

MSoK.

Got your email and replied. Thanks

Thanks, I see the structures of exe/dll are changed - well done for figuring it out!

I do not think 2 matters that much any more (and if somebody really needs "... to unlock Snow Leopard..." - then obvious option is to stay with products that support it!)

sebus

You'd need to add the file in Workstation 10, then import the VM into 11, as OS X guests can't boot in 11.

In which file do you need to enter "smc.present = FALSE" ?  I'll try this later

Guys - is there any chance you could do this in another thread please? I want to keep this one on topic about the unlocker. Thanks

@Donk thank you for making the unlocker and uploading it even though you don't have to, you should have a dev badge! :yes: .

Good work!  :yes: , you are a  :sorcerer: ;) .

@Donk -- been a long-time lurker here, but I wanted to join the 'chorus of thanks' for all of your hard work on the unlocker. It has been a lifesaver for me, and I really appreciate it. I'm very glad to hear that you are working on support for the new VMWare products.

Do you have a PayPal or other account where you accept donations? I know it's tough to keep something like this going in your spare time, and I'd like to at least buy you a few coffees or something!

At the risk of clogging the thread up with thanks, I also wanted to add my appreciation to you for your efforts in getting this working for us all and I also second the offer of a Paypal donation to help you out with caffeine supplies!

Kind regards,

Asif

Another quick update:

1. I have all the basic code to patch working in Python

2. Tested a compiled version for Windows using IronPython which is working

3. Tested Workstation 11 on Windows and Linux (Mint 17) and patching works

4. Tested Fusion 7 (for those who have Hackintoshes) and patching works

Things still to do:

1. Need proper error checking in the code

2. Complete backup and restore scripts and test

3, Test against Player 7

4, Continue investigation into bypassing server check for OS X 10.6 and below

5. ESXi 6 - still don't know what is going on with it?!

My plan is to release a version which allows guests to run and create a new guest. 1 and 3 on the previous message. Hopefully this would get most people running. 

Some people have kindly offered to contribute via PayPal. Thanks for you kind offer but I don't need you to do that. This is for fun not profit, and happy to work on it.

• Like 7

Your altruistic efforts to help the community are rather admirable and I can only add a few words of appreciation. I sincerely wish the world would have more people like you... the state of the nation speech would be quite pointless. :P

I don't mind beta testing to help you if you need a hand.. zero idea how to program; but I can sure put the update through the paces... I just got settled in with the WS10 rlease and OSx, as a developer on my PC and I broke the golden rule of not looking before I leaped.. Now I have no VM that works... So, I will be glad to help you help me... :-)

Thanks for your valiant effort in this issue!

Hi all, first thanks to Donk for his efforts. I don't want to do contrarian, but there is a wrong choice of VMware. Isn't enough upgrade to 64-bit OS for run workstation 11, but also need upgrade the hardware with at least 8GB of ram, otherwise there is all useless, no improvement in performance of the VMs, on the contrary there will be a decrease in performance of the VMs.

I tested the same VMs in VWware WS 10.0.4, on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit with the same HW and same 4GB ram and I noted that VMs run much better on 32-bit systems, because the 64-bit OS spend its a lot more resources than 32 bit OS.
For now I'll stay with VMware 10.0.4 and Windows 7 32-bit. Good luck and good upgrade!

Hi all, first thanks to Donk for his efforts. I don't want to do contrarian, but there is a wrong choice of VMware. Isn't enough upgrade to 64-bit OS for run workstation 11, but also need upgrade the hardware with at least 8GB of ram, otherwise there is all useless, no improvement in performance of the VMs, on the contrary there will be a decrease in performance of the VMs.

I tested the same VMs in VWware WS 10.0.4, on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit with the same HW and same 4GB ram and I noted that VMs run much better on 32-bit systems, because the 64-bit OS spend its a lot more resources than 32 bit OS.
For now I'll stay with VMware 10.0.4 and Windows 7 32-bit. Good luck and good upgrade!

If you have a new computer, the version 11 is way faster than the previous versions, and there is the support to AVX2 instruction set.